• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newchange

Eddie is one of those academy projects that will eventually get moved on, but I can’t see why you’d be mad at him whilst he’s here.

Doesn’t do much wrong for me - even if I don’t rate him especially. Tears about his lack of link up play are overblown, he’s a striker who plays like a striker big deal.

He’s got enough about him that I’m very weary of writing him off, you just never know with players with his skillset he has a random factor about him.

That’s the point he doesn’t play like a striker, he plays like a poacher. A striker is able to hold up the ball, bring others into play and be a presence on the pitch . Eddie comes alive in the 6 yard box. It’s not enough for a club of this level.

Edit: I promise you Eddie will not score a goal from outside the box this season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That’s the point he doesn’t play like a striker, he plays like a poacher. A striker is able to hold up the ball, bring others into play and be a presence on the pitch.
You’ve described Giroud, a target man but that’s not the only way to play as a striker is it.

I don’t see the sense at being mad at a young player for not having certain attributes that you prefer.

Calling Eddie a poacher sells him a bit short as well, his willingness to press and harass from the front saw him bench Laca towards the end of last season.

Gooner1988TK

That’s the point he doesn’t play like a striker, he plays like a poacher. A striker is able to hold up the ball, bring others into play and be a presence on the pitch . Eddie comes alive in the 6 yard box. It’s not enough for a club of this level.

Edit: I promise you Eddie will not score a goal from outside the box this season.

He’s just a goal hanger but he’s not very good at doing that at this level. If he wants a career at this level he better become a real killer in the box or develop his overall game including beefing up too!

Tbh I see him being another Lupoli, Jeffers and Aliadiere. Hyped up but never lived up to the hype.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
Javier Hernandez with worse finishing, movement, instinct and link up.

Tops out in the Championship maybe a lower PL team if the situation is perfect.This archetype is completely played out at the top level, even the best version of this profile is a squad player.

Last edited:

Jae

Neat and tidy little player. I personally don't think he's setting the world alight but he gets himself into some fantastic positions. General play needs a little bit of improvement in my opinion.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Eddie is one of those academy projects that will eventually get moved on, but I can’t see why you’d be mad at him whilst he’s here.

Doesn’t do much wrong for me - even if I don’t rate him especially. Tears about his lack of link up play are overblown, he’s a striker who plays like a striker big deal.

He’s got enough about him that I’m very weary of writing him off, you just never know with players with his skillset he has a random factor about him.
This is currently where I'm at with him - still a little raw to be trusted IMO but I cannot write him off given he's proven me wrong quite a few times initially. There's definitely a player there IMO. I'd only think about selling for a really good price before I'd be comfortable letting him go.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

...just found this video, couldn't help but think of you :lol:

If a quiz asked the question “Did Yossi Benayoun ever play for Arsenal FC?”, prior to watching this video I would have answered with an emphatic no.

Had completely forgotten about his loan spell with us.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
If a quiz asked the question “Did Yossi Benayoun ever play for Arsenal FC?”, prior to watching this video I would have answered with an emphatic no.

Had completely forgotten about his loan spell with us.

Benayoun was very good too in that loan spell. Van Persie such a pleasure to watch. Really hard to go from that sort of quality to Giroud, Laca and Nketiah. Auba is limited, but at least he is world class finisher.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I agree and as bad as Giroud was with putting away his chances, he was better than Laca and Nketiah both combined.

Giroud was strong in the air and pretty good at playing one touch, some of his link up were fantastic. His hold up was a bit overrated, and he lacked agility and couldn't dribble to save his life. If he was bit more agile, he would have been more effective. He was like the forward version of Xhaka. Not a bad player, but just limited in crucial areas athletically and technically.

Newchange

Was bullied by MINGS when he came on at 60mins..we can’t keep turning to him when we’re losing he offers nothing if it’s not put on a plate.

amigo

Bagging another two goals for the U21s today. Let's just hope he starts to do likewise for Arsenal.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bagging another two goals for the U21s today. Let's just hope he starts to do likewise for Arsenal.
The 2nd goal was a very good finish. A nice reminder that he is a good striker of the ball and can actually score from more than 6 yards out :lol:

Bit of an off day though, could have had a hatful and missed a pen aswell (for someone who lives to score, Eddie is a really **** penalty taker).

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m sorry but 2 goals vs Albania u21with him missing a pen and some easy chances. Even his first goal was bad finish. His finishing lacks power and conviction. Anyway pretty much every time he played for us this season he has been bad and is extremely limited player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom