• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why

Always Me ?
I got slammed on this thread beginning of the season for saying Nketiah is just another Welbeck. I still stand by that.

He doesn't show anything for me in an Arsenal Shirt. He has had so many chances to impress and all I ever see is him as the last pick in your team at school. Runs around a lot trying to impress people but ultimately **** and doesn't do much.

Every game he has started this season or last can you off your head tell me something good he did?

Just forgettable and bleh. Well for whatever we can get.

jjmcjohnson

Waste of space. Hopefully he'll take a pay cut and move on. Maybe we'll get 10 million for him if we're lucky. And to think we're on the verge of losing balogun because this bum is getting his minutes

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Had half an eye on the match but ball was bouncing off him half the game. Just keeps scuffing his efforts aswell. It's not happening for him at all this season.

The guy never had the technique to play at this level. It's been obvious since U18 football. He always scuffed his shots, never showed dribbling skill or passing ability. He was never great at hold up play and never took shots outside the box. He is a Chelsea reject, don't get why people are emotionally attached to him. I like his mentality, but he has always been championship level, maybe he'll be good enough for relegation zone teams in his mid 20s.

Impact

Established Member
I’m disappointed by a lot of the rhetoric being espoused against Eddie Nketiah.

We have produced a Premier League level homegrown academy product (albeit with Chelsea roots) with a genuine affinity for the club and respect for its history and fans in perhaps the most difficult position of all. Should we decide to sell, we could and should be looking at a £20+ million fee.

I think he’s ultimately not good enough for our level but he has applied himself in every game and has sought to get the maximum from his talent. It’s also frustrating to see the revisionism of his performances and ability. While he may not possess the all round game needed, some of the criticisms being leveled make it seem as though he has brought nothing at all to the team with his performances, which is blatantly untrue. His time here has also certainly helped Lacazette in terms of competition to raise his level and given him an opportunity for respite.

We surely can say a player is not good enough without descending to the level of vitriol in recent posts and especially when the player in question has carried himself admirably like Nketiah has. As fans we have to do better.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
All I can say is he must be doing bits in training. Why cant all these so-called experts and people that have been in the game all their lives as opposed to a relative bum like me, not see that he's just a waste of time?If he was any good he wouldn't have been backup for Bamford at Leeds ffs. There's you answer. But he comes back to Arsenal and gets games.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury

We have produced a Premier League level homegrown academy product (albeit with Chelsea roots) with a genuine affinity for the club and respect for its history and fans in perhaps the most difficult position of all. Should we decide to sell, we could and should be looking at a £20+ million fee.

I think he’s ultimately not good enough for our level but he has applied himself in every game and has sought to get the maximum from his talent. It’s also frustrating to see the revisionism of his performances and ability. While he may not possess the all round game needed, some of the criticisms being leveled make it seem as though he has brought nothing at all to the team with his performances, which is blatantly untrue. His time here has also certainly helped Lacazette in terms of competition to raise his level and given him an opportunity for respite.

We surely can say a player is not good enough without descending to the level of vitriol in recent posts and especially when the player in question has carried himself admirably like Nketiah has. As fans we have to do better.
It's just a game. Its football. 'he's useless' or whatever 'vitriol' you speak of is the territory you're in as a football fan. Yeah, he's apparently a nice lad... We're not voting on a reality popularity contest show, though. If you don't like it, you're in for a rough ride.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Well said, I feel exactly the same.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We need to give his minutes to John Jules, Balogun. He's had his chance.
Never understand why we should give any minutes to nketiah in the first place. Back when they were in the reserves, I already knew that balogun and John jules are more skillful dribblers, better passers, and better in other aspects in the general play than nketiah. They are simply more talented even back then when they were in the reserves.

It's like keep giving minutes to shxt like walcott/chamberlain/poldoski but having gnabry on the bench. Back then it’s clear that gnabry was a lot more skilful, and has a much better football IQ than them.

Last edited:

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I got slammed on this thread beginning of the season for saying Nketiah is just another Welbeck. I still stand by that.

He doesn't show anything for me in an Arsenal Shirt. He has had so many chances to impress and all I ever see is him as the last pick in your team at school. Runs around a lot trying to impress people but ultimately **** and doesn't do much.

Every game he has started this season or last can you off your head tell me something good he did?

Welbeck was on another level compared to this guy. Nketiah has nothing to offer..guess this is why Leeds preferred Bamford over him.

Jack badmon

What’s this sentiment because he’s an academy player we can’t be too harsh on him? The same way you praise players you give them stick also that’s why they are professional players. His lack of quality cost us the game yesterday and this misguided patience and kindness meant we was in position to give him a chance when his form all season in non EL games didn’t warrant it.

Lacazette should have started yesterday was like a death sentence seeing Eddie on the team sheet. Poor quality I don’t give a **** if he’s from the academy. Not even Newcastle will take him now and they’ve got Joelinton ffs.

REEVIE1995

He gets 1 lucky goalkeeper mistake goal and has been trying it ever since, he is weak and clueless

The absolute state of this post...

Out of all the things you could of criticized Eddie for about yesterday, you chose his willingness to run and press the keeper for the team before following it up with two generic insults. Arteta clearly want him to do this. What do you want him to do? Walk around?

Absolute no doubt If he stopped running after keepers and defenders for just one game, you would have people like you coming on here saying that he is lazy, doesnt work hard and has an "attitude problem"

His finishing was poor yesterday but imagine ripping into a young, low on confidence striker for working hard and trying. This is what some of the others are saying. There is a fine line between constructive criticism and analysis and ridiculous comments like this.

Jack badmon

I’d take Tammy Abraham over Eddie and that’s saying something because he’s ****e too but still a better footballer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
His contract ends in 2023 so a decision has to be made either sell or extend so far he don't deserve his contract to be extended

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Harsh on Welbeck, he was a lot better than Eddie IMO.

Why

Always Me ?
Harsh on Welbeck, he was a lot better than Eddie IMO.

What I always got from Welbeck was someone who could get in the right places but usually at the wrong time and when he did score it was generally him falling over the ball and it bouncing off his shin into goal.

Was never a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom