• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal4life14

If we get offered 20m we should take it for him. I do feel a bit for him because when he is picked hes getting next to nothing creativity wise, His all round game certainly isnt there right now, But when he is playing he does need some help from the other players around him as well. We probably could have played Balogun against Southampton but would he really have been that much better than Eddie? I doubt it. I would like to know what his goal/miss percentages are for clear cut chances.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
People shouldn’t be drawing parallels between welbeck/Nketiah. Welbeck was largely dross during his time here but still comfortably better than Nketiah. Can we pls start shifting some of the pure garbage youngsters in Willock/Nketiah off our books please. I don’t care what their connection to the club is they are blatantly not good enough.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Can we pls start shifting some of the pure garbage youngsters in Willock/Nketiah off our books please. I don’t care what their connection to the club is they are blatantly not good enough.
Together they earn less than half of Elneny's salary, and all 3 of them together earn less than Bellerin. If you're so desperate to clear the squad, we should start with the deadwood first and then sell the players who cost nothing

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wele was quality. Unlucky not to get a couple of goals against Chelski in the cup final. He was a good squadie. Decent eye for goal,intelligent,technique. Everything dial 999 for fraud does not possess

As long as he wasn't your main striker, he was quality...him and Heskey always get unwarranted criticism.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Wele was quality. Unlucky not to get a couple of goals against Chelski in the cup final. He was a good squadie. Decent eye for goal,intelligent,technique. Everything dial 999 for fraud does not possess
Aside from the the technique part pretty much spot on. Even after all these injuries the guy is still in the PL for a reason. A model professional who knows his role.

Whereas Nketiah will probably end up forging a career in the Championship in the long term

Last edited:

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

Welbeck was pretty good at playing wengerball, linked up well. Before the injuries he was a very good athlete too. Tall, strong and good in the air. Nketiah has none of those attributes. Welbeck was a donkey at times when it came to final third composure, but his all around game was immense for a squad level player. Nketiah simply lacks the athleticism, size, vision and technique to be effective.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Going to throw Eddie a bone here.

I'm guessing few here have seen Eddie in England u21's over the last year or so. He's able to hold the ball up and make it stick under pressure. He links well with teammates. His dribbling is exceptional, beating players for fun.

He looks immense, like an adult playing with kids. None of this has ever translated to the adult game. I don't know why. Maybe it's mental. Maybe he still hasn't acclimated to the challenges.

I genuinely think he'd benefit from a season long loan where he's guaranteed minutes. If he comes back and he still can't turn on the ball, dribble, beat a man, hold the ball up - then yes definitely sell. But personally I don't think he's been managed well.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He'd probably do better playing together with another striker. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll play with two strikers, and hence...does he have a future here?

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Going to throw Eddie a bone here.

I'm guessing few here have seen Eddie in England u21's over the last year or so. He's able to hold the ball up and make it stick under pressure. He links well with teammates. His dribbling is exceptional, beating players for fun.

He looks immense, like an adult playing with kids. None of this has ever translated to the adult game. I don't know why. Maybe it's mental. Maybe he still hasn't acclimated to the challenges.

I genuinely think he'd benefit from a season long loan where he's guaranteed minutes. If he comes back and he still can't turn on the ball, dribble, beat a man, hold the ball up - then yes definitely sell. But personally I don't think he's been managed well.

International football is overrated imo. Even at a senior level it is, so what does that say about U-21? The amount of **** players who are getting called up for Holland U-21 is ridiculous. I'd assume it's the same for England really.

I'm all for loaning him, though I'd rather sell now. Because we'd also have to get him to sign a new contract if we loan him.

Bosniak Gooner

Some criticism I see here on Eddie is unjustified.

The kid is playing the most difficult position in world football. The biggest concern about him is the lack of physicality, duel game, hold up play.

In his youth set up he got used to movement and off the shoulder plays. Which in todays football is simply not enough.

I simply cannot understand how can you write off a young lad, most strikers mature at the age of 23-24. I would give him time to bulk up and work on his hold up play.

Just to remind you, Lacazette at his age had 60 games and 8 goals at Lyon.

Oh yeah, and name me 1 striker his age in the EPL, that is doing better than him.

amigo

Back in the goals today. Very up and down this kid - like Arsenal. The minute you start to believe in him he goes through a dry spell. If Laca is gone we may have to use him a lot more before the end of season. Which can only be good for his value even if we were to sell. I do think one more loan might do the trick.

amigo

BTW people criticising him celebrating his goal should give him a break. You score a goal that rescues a point in the last minute of extra and you should be ashamed to celebrate because it's "just Fulham?" I don't get it.

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
If he could control a ball I think you would've scored about 10 minutes earlier from either of the passes which he failed to bring under his spell.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He knows where the goal is this kid, but his all round game is really lacking.

He'll probably start the next 3 games so let's see what he's about

REEVIE1995

If he could control a ball I think you would've scored about 10 minutes earlier from either of the passes which he failed to bring under his spell.
Little bit harsh. The first one in particular was an incredibly difficult one to control properly. He should of done better with the second but I think he has tried to knock it in front of him to run onto but overdid it. Neither were straightforward though.

I hope he gets some more starts with Laca out. His all round game is still raw but his movement in the box and ability to anticipate where the ball will end up is exceptional especially for someone his age. He was on the pitch for 20 minutes today and had 4 chances. Our strikers normally get one or two a game. This isn't even including all the time he makes runs and doesn get picked out. If you look back at the pepe chance, Eddie was also alone in space ready for the cutback. He will score goals and get chance if you put quality creative players behind him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I know he and Pepe have something to prove and I am 100% onside, but can we drop out the 👂celebrations when there's no crowd please lads :lol:

If they did it to Arteta's face then that would be a different story mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom