• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I thought he played really well yesterday, looked exhausted after an hour in the game, but with little training and no Laca in the squad, we couldn't really sub him off...think he is the type to grow into a team/season the more he plays.

Tempted to want Arteta to go with Laca and Eddie as our 2 strikers this season, think they will both surprise a few this year.
Eh, I would have liked to see Tyreece John-Jules get a go. I think he's a bigger prospect than Eddie but much further back in his development so it would have been nice to see him get a little 20 mins against decent defenders but Arteta wanted to keep his stronger guys on for as long as possible.

I think we will go in with Laca and Nketiah anyway. Personally, I would like to see Nketiah go on loan to either a PL team or a upper end Championship team. Get 30-40+ starts under his belt, experience being the main source of goals for a team. That said, I do think that with more games, he will definitely get stronger as the season goes on. I reckon at least 10-15 goals for Eddie this season, hopefully more.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s ok, no stand out quality that makes me say he’s gonna be a starter at the top end of the table.

His finishing maybe, but poachers aren’t too popular in modern football, think he may always be an option.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

People who hate on Nketiah and Willock are the same dunces who say Holding and Chambers need more time. I wonder if Nketiah and Willock were proper white lads would people be a lot more forgiving?
Some will feel attacked by this :lol:
But I also feel like white lads are afforded a little bit more patience subconsciously by the public for sure.

Saka is clearly above and beyond so he can’t be denied - but if he was just a few levels shy and quietly playing his footy a lot of people would be wondering what he’s doing here and why we can’t get someone else.

No one in particular and not saying it’s an AM thing but yeah its something I’ve noticed.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Some will feel attacked by this :lol:
But I also feel like white lads are afforded a little bit more patience subconsciously by the public for sure.

Saka is clearly above and beyond so he can’t be denied - but if he was just a few levels shy and quietly playing his footy a lot of people would be wondering what he’s doing here and why we can’t get someone else.

No one in particular and not saying it’s an AM thing but yeah its something I’ve noticed.
I am not sure about Chambers. But I don't think anyone is supporting Holding. In fact, I was supporting Holding when he came back last season. But after seeing his performances last season, I also changed my mind. I just see similar number of people hating and supporting all youngsters in their player threads irrespective of races. I personally couldn't find any racial bias.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s ok, no stand out quality that makes me say he’s gonna be a starter at the top end of the table.

His finishing maybe, but poachers aren’t too popular in modern football, think he may always be an option.

His off the ball work is honestly world class. I think Arteta appreciates that a lot.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He will surprise people this season.

The benchmark set by Lack-of-threat is 14 g/a contribution. Nketiah will easily get it.
That’s in the premier league by the way and on a down year. Laca’s average goal contribution in his three years here is about 20 g/a.

Good luck to Eddie because he looks well off that level.

That’s in the premier league by the way and on a down year. Laca’s average goal contribution in his three years here is about 20 g/a.

How is that even possible? He has only once managed 20 g/a for us.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah, assuming both get the same minutes claiming Eddie will muster a higher goal contribution is cappin really.
It’s just not gonna happen

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, assuming both get the same minutes claiming Eddie will muster a higher goal contribution is cappin really.
It’s just not gonna happen

The team would benefit in other ways though, Eddie gives you so much more off the ball, in terms of the runs he makes and his defensive work rate.

For the record though if we do end up getting rid of Lacazette we definitely need a new 9 imo.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Dont think he is, I think he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom