• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner1988TK

Dial 30 for goals? 95% of the time I can’t even hear the dial tone ffs! We need to bin this phone immediately. Am i missing something seriously? You can say he’s saving Martinell For Villarreal if both Laca and Auba aren’t fit enough but surely Balogun should be getting these minutes now ffs.

Gooner1988TK

Just because this bum scored some meaningless tap ins for the under 21s some people thought he can play at this level for a club like Arsenal smh. This guy is pure trash
The funny thing is he’s only got all them goals for U21 because he’s crap. You look how many games the top talents have played for U21 and it’s minimal. The best talents play a few games for U21 then they’re in the senior side.

amigo

He scored a few for us in Europe league group stages as well to get us here. As I keep saying, tap-ins count as much as worldies, your movement has to be excellent to be in the right place to receive and execute them. I also too would like to see Balogun more, but to keep lambasting the only player who has actually scored in our last 180 minutes of football I feel is a trifle unfair. What about the rest of the strike force?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He scored a few for us in Europe league group stages as well to get us here. As I keep saying, tap-ins count as much as worldies, your movement has to be excellent to be in the right place to receive and execute them. I also too would like to see Balogun more, but to keep lambasting the only player who has actually scored in our last 180 minutes of football I feel is a trifle unfair. What about the rest of the strike force?
You may be right on this. But our problem with Nketiah is never about shooting or getting the goals.

We need our strikers to have build up play contribution. We need a striker who is a better passer, a better playmaker, a better dribbler, to be a lot more skillful with the ball.

Gooner1988TK

He scored most of his goals against the likes of Dundalk which I’m glad you mentioned as that’s his level. The reason we want other strikers is not just the goals, they actually offer something outside of scoring. Eddie offers zero outside of a goal whilst Martinelli and Balogun are superior footballers who will offer you a very rounded performance. Causing chaos, linking up, pulling defenders, holding up the ball etc.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

So odd, he was essentially frozen out for months now all of a sudden he's ahead of Martinelli in the pecking order? Not only has Arteta hindered Nketiah for months when he could have been playing football elsewhere he's now using Nketiah while preventing a far bigger talent getting a go up top.

Artetas handling of our young players has been utterly horrendous.

Gooner1988TK

So odd, he was essentially frozen out for months now all of a sudden he's ahead of Martinelli in the pecking order? Not only has Arteta hindered Nketiah for months when he could have been playing football elsewhere he's now using Nketiah while preventing a far bigger talent getting a go up top.

He should be sacked just because of this in my opinion. We are a club who pride ourselves on our youth system. This guy has deliberately tried to destroy the confidence and progression of around 6-7 young players who would’ve all contributed this season. Douzi, Martinelli, Nelson, Balogun are the main ones for me.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’s all down to seniority, it doesn’t matter how good a player is for Arteta. Nketiah had to wait months behind Aubameyang and Lacazette. Balogun will now have to wait for Nketiah to get injured for a run out.

It’s a bizarre way to manage a squad, you see with Willian getting chance after chance before Nelson. You saw it with Holding getting games over Saliba.

Nketiah hasn’t made that step up, he had plenty of chances earlier in the season but hasn’t done enough. He will continue to get games though because he’s been in the first team picture longer than Balogun, that’s Teta for you.

Gooner1988TK

It’s all down to seniority, it doesn’t matter how good a player is for Arteta. Nketiah had to wait months behind Aubameyang and Lacazette. Balogun will now have to wait for Nketiah to get injured for a run out.

It’s a bizarre way to manage a squad, you see with Willian getting chance after chance before Nelson. You saw it with Holding getting games over Saliba.

Nketiah hasn’t made that step up, he had plenty of chances earlier in the season but hasn’t done enough. He will continue to get games though because he’s been in the first team picture longer than Balogun, that’s Teta for you.
Exactly his view of meritocracy is shocking. The thing is too, if you do play well but then have one bad game he will then drop you again. For example when Pepe was in good form, Arteta couldn’t wait for just one bad game so he could drop him again immediately. If you earn your way in he will take you back out ASAP as it goes against his queue system.

Iceman10

Established Member

There is a pattern, where actually Saka was left out of much of our run-in last season, so it is definitely a thing about seniority, but is very rigid, and actually not very imaginative, and probably very stifling.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He Average just seem we wasting our time playing him and he not likely giving his best because he know he leaving this summer. His all around game is poor he more of box striker. We should give minutes to Martinelli or Bolagun instead

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Nailed it. I feel for Eddie, but Arteta’s got this one wrong.

REEVIE1995

Looking at Eddie's performance¾ yesterday I genuinely thought he was played well especially in the first half and was one of our better players in a terrible match. His hold up play was really good and he was constantly involved in the build up which are normally things he gets criticised for. He was having a good game.

Unfortunately when the rest of the team is content to just ainlessly pass the ball around the midfield with zero penetration you don't create chances. The amount of times Eddie made the run to get in behind and we instead chose to play backwards. That was the problem yesterday not Eddie.

I understand the clamour for Martinelli to start instead but it worth noting that on several occasions, Martinelli has stated that he sees himself as a winger. People to seem to be basing their assessment of his performance yesterday on their desire for Martinelli to start rather that what he actually did on the pitch. Martinelli was having similar issues with the supply line when he came on. At one he point he made a run in behind in the 89th minute and we played it 40 yards backwards

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Felt a bit for Eddie yesterday. I don't think he was bad - he actually played pretty well in patches - but you can see he just lacks that little bit of confidence and realised quality at the moment. He was caught on his heels a few times when he could have been in a good position to score.

Martinelli or Balogun would have been the better choice in terms of a bit of verve and confidence upfront but on another day this could have been a good game. Hopefully he can get a good move in the Summer.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

It's so bizarre, especially as it's coming from a manager that's so young.

You also have to question Arteta's instincts. I'm talking about that intangible ability to sense a great player, Wenger excelled at it especially during the beginning of his tenure.

But Arteta keeps making mistakes in the choices he has; chose Leno over Emi, took a long time to bring in ESR, starting the season with Willian when Pepe was coming into form. There are more.

The point is the he seems to get so many decisions wrong, I worry if he just has bad instincts when it comes to players, I suppose you could chalk it up to inexperience but he's been in the job for over a year and he still makes so many strange choices.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Not the most important thing tonight maybe but was anyone else infuriated with his attitude when he came on? Gave the impression of someone being pissed off for being being on the bench the last few months and just getting the last five minutes tonight, and therefore deciding to spend his time kicking people and throwing away our last minutes. Sell, sell, sell.

mirrorstare

Nah it was just a desperate move, we had nothing else.

It's a reality check that a lot of people here were confident having Auba and Tierney back was enough to win comfortably, yet we needed Nketiah on to try and muster more than 1 shot on target.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Elite tactical fouling, top sub by Unai it has to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom