• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why on earth would he bother to sign a new contract? Especially when he hasn't been playing.

The club had the opportunity to sell him to Crystal Palace, they chose not to. Now he'll leave on a free next year. That's on them

How did he price himself out of a move, though? Doesn't the club set the price?

Takes 10 seconds to search.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Eddie seems like a really nice lad but pretty poor form from his agent to expect a big pay day from the kid.
Does he not have the same agent as Sancho? Surely he made his big coin by getting him into Man U this summer?

Maybe Eddie wasnt set on Palace but it looked like a really decent move for him imho.

Obviously agent & Eddie will make more in 12 months but unless he has been promised minutes here 12 months with no football isnt the best idea,

I guess it may depend on if Balo stays or goes on loan.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Our academy players need better agents look like they all motivated by money.

We need no agents. All players should be represented by an appointed body, like a union. Each player pays a monthly fee to the union, they deal with transfers as part of the service. I know it would be more complicated than that, especially when buying or selling abroad but something has to be done. Agents are having too big an impact on the game.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
AMN and Nketiah's agents are actively harming their careers yet Arsenal the club are getting all of the blame. Smh

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We need no agents. All players should be represented by an appointed body, like a union. Each player pays a monthly fee to the union, they deal with transfers as part of the service. I know it would be more complicated than that, especially when buying or selling abroad but something has to be done. Agents are having too big an impact on the game.
FIFA are (very slowly) proposing reforms. Whether it ultimately happens though...

• Intermediary for selling club: commission capped at 10% of the transfer fee
  • Intermediary for buying club: commission capped at 3% of player’s salary
  • Intermediary for the player: commission capped at 3% of player’s salary
  • Intermediary for player and buying club: commission capped at 6% of player’s salary.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

After Crystal Palace turned to Odsonne Edouard, Eddie Nketiah has been left stranded at Arsenal. As The Athletic revealed last week, Palace had bid £10 million for Nketiah, with Arsenal having set an asking price of £20 million. Arsenal were prepared to drop their demands to around £15 million, but Palace decided instead on a £14 million move for Frenchman Edouard.

It means 22-year-old Nketiah now finds himself stuck in north London, behind at least Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette in the pecking order. Nketiah has 10 months remaining on his Arsenal contract and has thus far resisted the club’s attempts to extend the deal. If he leaves next summer, Arsenal would be due training compensation decided by a tribunal.
Ornstein's/The Athletic's version was different.

Seems Edouard was just cheaper than Eddie which is a no brainer. Going on how we overpriced all of our players, I am more inclined to believe them.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Tbf both Eddie and Balogun are similar in that they don't play nearly enough for their age and I can comfortably say both will do sweet f*ck all this season.

Me personally if I was in their ear, I'd tell them both to sort it out you're supposed to treat your early twenties with care but to me they are losers.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
its hard to judge the agent here with so little time on deal to see out

why let Arsenal demand a big fee or the wage packet be less than in 120ish days? he might have some offers already on the table 🤷‍♂️

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ornstein's/The Athletic's version was different.

Seems Edouard was just cheaper than Eddie which is a no brainer. Going on how we overpriced all of our players, I am more inclined to believe them.
it was right move from Crystal Palace to pay 2-3 more millions to get better and more ready player. the worrying thing is only handful of teams interested in Eddie it was always the idea Bolagun become 3rd striker but now that will force Balogun go to u23 if we can still loan players to championship we need to send him on loan.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
FIFA are (very slowly) proposing reforms. Whether it ultimately happens though...

• Intermediary for buying club: commission capped at 3% of player’s salary
  • Intermediary for the player: commission capped at 3% of player’s salary
  • Intermediary for player and buying club: commission capped at 6% of player’s salary.

Well that's a start but things like this is what's wrong.
An agent shouldn't be able to make that sort of money. All agent fees should be down to the player, they are working for the player. That's why I feel a union type of body should handle everything and they get a monthly fee paid to them by the player, by all players in the PL. That could be based on % of their salary or a fixed rate, the same way that you pay into a pension.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Once you kill the agent power you can start reforming the game.

People don’t realise how much of it they run. Now they’re allowed to set up clubs like Wolves all over Europe as a stop off point for young talent.

I’m all for player power but this isn’t it. They’ll get deals hidden from them by their agents and if you don’t have one of the big names representing you it negatively affects your career.

At the minute they dictate where and when players can go.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Once you kill the agent power you can start reforming the game.

People don’t realise how much of it they run. Now they’re allowed to set up clubs like Wolves all over Europe as a stop off point for young talent.

I’m all for player power but this isn’t it. They’ll get deals hidden from them by their agents and if you don’t have one of the big names representing you it negatively affects your career.

At the minute they dictate where and when players can go.
What Jorge Mendes doing at wolves is so ridiculous they only signing his clients

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Club has been getting bare backed from Aidy Ward since:

aidy-ward_3313097b.jpg

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He could have been playing in the PL if he wanted to, pretty soon he'll find himself in the Netherlands or Germany.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Anyone can be an agent, but what can fifa/uefa do? Not alot as its business over football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom