• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You know that figure puts him in about the top 15 most productive players in the league and makes him worth 40M+ probably.

That’s a huge leap.

I'd expect Arsenal's staring center forward to always be in the top 15 most productive players in the league... let's not suggest that is some amazing accomplishment.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Eddie is a really good player to have in the squad, his off the ball work is really good. The only way we could get away with Eddie as a starting center forward is if Pepe really ups his production, which we cant say for certain will happen.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Its 14, 21, 18 g/a during PL season.

I get 14 g/a from the PL website.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/6899/Alexandre-Lacazette/stats?co=1&se=274

I have faith Nketiah will easily replace these numbers. If not then rotate Martinelly and Nketiah and they will easily replace these numbers.
I used transfermarket. My guess would be that they include penalties won as an assist maybe.

Even with your numbers that’s still an average of 18 g/a per season, a mark that only about 15 players reach each season.

Would be a pleasant surprise for sure but not sure where this belief that Eddie is one of the best forwards in the league is coming from.

I used transfermarket. My guess would be that they include penalties won as an assist maybe.

Even with your numbers that’s still an average of 18 g/a per season, a mark that only about 15 players reach each season.

Would be a pleasant surprise for sure but not sure where this belief that Eddie is one of the best forwards in the league is coming from.

Don't think he is the best forward in the league. He has incredible potential though! I think he will easily be better than Laca who is very average and given his stamina I fear his decline has already started.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Eh, I would have liked to see Tyreece John-Jules get a go. I think he's a bigger prospect than Eddie but much further back in his development so it would have been nice to see him get a little 20 mins against decent defenders but Arteta wanted to keep his stronger guys on for as long as possible.

I think we will go in with Laca and Nketiah anyway. Personally, I would like to see Nketiah go on loan to either a PL team or a upper end Championship team. Get 30-40+ starts under his belt, experience being the main source of goals for a team. That said, I do think that with more games, he will definitely get stronger as the season goes on. I reckon at least 10-15 goals for Eddie this season, hopefully more.
Can't wait to see John Jules play

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Jokes about Hull aside, he’s still very young and sharp progress isn’t beyond the realms of fantasy, but my concern for him way back was that lack of an outstanding attribute, be it physically or technically. He’s still just decent everywhere. Nothing really to fall back on.

Would be a bit harsh to comparing to premiership legends at this point, but if you look at Owen or Fowler for example, everybody knew what their game was going to be based around even when they were babies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jokes about Hull aside, he’s still very young and sharp progress isn’t beyond the realms of fantasy, but my concern for him way back was that lack of an outstanding attribute, be it physically or technically. He’s still just decent everywhere. Nothing really to fall back on.

Would be a bit harsh to comparing to premiership legends at this point, but if you look at Owen or Fowler for example, everybody knew what their game was going to be based around even when they were babies.

Think "work-rate" could be his.

Strikers now are used more and more as the workhorses for the goal scoring wingers, could see Eddie doing this...even if he is just our back up striker, think he could have a decent career here in the next few years.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don't think he is the best forward in the league. He has incredible potential though! I think he will easily be better than Laca who is very average and given his stamina I fear his decline has already started.
What I’m trying to say keeps being ignore/missed so I’ll put some effort into the next post. It’s commonly believed (for reasons I can’t understand) that Eddie can meet Lacazette’s average PL goal contribution of 18.

Here are the players that have hit those numbers since Lacazette joined the league.

19/20 season

Wci6NVJ.png

18/19 season

UCE6MVk.png

17/18 season

ULs9S7r.png

The players who show up repeatedly in these lists are literally the best in the world at what they do, there are some purple patches in there but even those players have considerably more experience than Nketiah.

Because you lot don't rate Lacazette you tell yourselves that eighteen goal contributions a season is quite easy to do but the names above clearly show that it's not. What do you think the average value of players in the lists above must be? We're pretty much looking at a list of 50M + players here.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Looking at those stats, this is Salah's league. Guy is taking the piss.:lol:
Great post above and I’ve tried to explain myself that Lacazette is honestly not as terrible as some will have you believe.

You’re wasting your time though, the final score aside a lot of footy is subjective and people will like what they will like.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
People are comparing Wright and Nketiah. Closest player I've seen to Wrighty is Greenwood.

Nketiah just seems to lack that reaction, snap and burst of acelleration required in and around the box. When you look at smaller forwards such as wrighty or augero, defore this has alway been key to attributes to their success. Unfortunately I don't see any stand out quality.

Tbh I think we need to a top Championship side or lower level PL team. Hopefully it will raise his price tag and we can sell for £10-£15m next year.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Nketiah is a good squad player to have but can’t see him being an elite striker like some think. Time will tell I guess. Big season for him especially if Lacazette is sold

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I do quite like Nktetiah and goals/goal scoring opportunities come quite easy to him which I think is a really underrated skill.

Plus he's not bad on the ball either and quite fast too.

I do agree with the sentiment that he'd probably rack up quite a lot of goals if given a starting berth and a consistent run of play but the question is whether he'd be ready to be the no1 in crucial games.

I was hoping that Arteta would play Auba as the starting CF, which would allow us to sell Lacazette and reinvest the money. But if the boss is insistent that Aubameyang starts on the left and if we don't get any decent bid for Lacazette I say he should stay, with Nketiah as back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom