• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
arsenal-v-chelsea-fa-cup-final-20139682.jpg

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Most underrated player in the squad.

I think a loan would be a good option for him this season as I'd like to see how he does leading the line over a season. That said, I am happy for him to be our back-up this season and get games in the EL to establish himself further.

Reactions: roz

roz

Fake News Merchant
If Laca goes he could get loads of playing time. Really like Eddie, good goals to game ratio and knows how to press properly. Dont see where the criticism comes from.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
If Laca goes he could get loads of playing time. Really like Eddie, good goals to game ratio and knows how to press properly. Dont see where the criticism comes from.
Nketiah is the most hardworking player in pressing. But lacazette is more clever on it in terms of closing angles and passing lane.

And also, Nketiah should learn some step-overs or ball control from Willian, so he can dribble past players and control the ball in tight space. Or he can improve his teamwork or passing game, so he can drop a bit deeper to help us dominating possession.

Last edited:
Reactions: roz

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Was watching the highlights from today’s game and Eddie really should have scored at least 1 goal. Those were some gilded chances he had. He needs to take those to be honest.

Keplaz

Was watching the highlights from today’s game and Eddie really should have scored at least 1 goal. Those were some gilded chances he had. He needs to take those to be honest.
I really hope he doesn't turn out to be like Akpom. Getting in all the right positions but can't get a goal. He need one or two to fall for him.

say yes

forum master baiter
He was pretty poor tbh, particularly in the second half.

Think he’s a decent talent, and a useful sqauddie, but there’s absolutely no way he’s ready to start for us.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He will never be ready to start for us. Doesnt have the natural talent. He isnt gifted in any area physically. No pace, not much strength, hold up play isnt great. If his finishing was elite then we are talking about a good backup player. Sadly he isnt showing any signs.

Two years left on his deal as well...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can’t put my finger on it, but I like him. He’s doing something in training, that’s for sure.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Give him time. That's all we can do atm. Obviously I'd propose a loan but given our dire situation in attack he will likely get enough minutes here as a backup.

I don't know why but watching Eddie it makes me somewhat realise that we may have given up on youngsters too early in the past, that's why I don't want to give up on him yet. I know most of them went on to do nothing, but given how we are integrating youngsters in the team now, and the support we are giving them I come to think what if the likes of JET, Akpom, Sanches, etc. had gotten similar support? I mean they showed enough talent, maybe not as much as this group are showing, but I'm starting to believe we could have done more. Dunno, maybe I am just chatting sh!t here. But I want us to install the utmost believe and confidence on these youngsters, then I am positive they can go on to do good things for club.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Give him time. That's all we can do atm. Obviously I'd propose a loan but given our dire situation in attack he will likely get enough minutes here as a backup.

I don't know why but watching Eddie it makes me somewhat realise that we may have given up on youngsters too early in the past, that's why I don't want to give up on him yet. I know most of them went on to do nothing, but given how we are integrating youngsters in the team now, and the support we are giving them I come to think what if the likes of JET, Akpom, Sanches, etc. had gotten similar support? I mean they showed enough talent, maybe not as much as this group are showing, but I'm starting to believe we could have done more. Dunno, maybe I am just chatting sh!t here. But I want us to install the utmost believe and confidence on these youngsters, then I am positive they can go on to do good things for club.
It's a delicate balancing act. You want your young players to earn their stripes but at the same time you have to grant them more opportunities to do so. We've only just started fixing up our strategy with young players in the last few years - particularly with players who at least have some talent for PL football. The issue with our younger players compared to, say, Chelsea's for example, is that they all lack match experience. Even Willock, touted as having played 60 times for Arsenal already - how many of those appearances were sub appearances? Most of our loans haven't been well thought out either, and only since Ben Knapper was hired have we had loanees with decent minutes under their belt.

For me, the players we have are definitely talented enough to make it at Arsenal, including Nketiah, IF they are able to build up the level of experience needed and still be attached to the club rather than leaving to do it elsewhere. With Nketiah in particular, he has always had a habit of proving people wrong in his development. I remember when he was competing with the likes of Malen and Mavididi for CF time and managed to stave them off with goals and an improving all-round game. His ability to attack space both with and without the ball proved to be a defining feature of his play. Still, I didn't think he would get competitive first team game time before either of them. I was wrong. He stepped in vs Norwich and scored within seconds. Watch that game back if you have time - that cameo was a microcosm into the kind of striker Nketiah could be at his most full potential. That same season, he played in the final game of the 17/18 U23 league season vs West Ham when the U23s won the PL2. That game is on youtube, full game. It was the most complete #9 performance I've seen from him and I did not think he had that in his locker either. From that point on, I've never written him off, even while he is raw. Nketiah is a player who will keep getting better IMO, he has the right mentality and perseverance to do so.

I understand the fans are already against him being in the team but that's just fans. Being burnt by youth projects from the past that didn't work out for a variety of factors and the team underperforming in general has led to this kind of short term thinking, and if a Hale End graduate doesn't come in and look like Bukayo Saka immediately, they're **** and not gonna make it. People were already beginning to turn on Nelson by the time he came back from Hoffenheim. Willock has divided opinion from day one. AMN definitely wasn't getting anything near the kind of praise he's getting now. Even Saka himself had a growing mob of doubters after a short dip in form. But look at the ages of these players. Nketiah and Willock have JUST turned 21, Saka is 18, Nelson 20, AMN just turned 23. These guys have got a minute to go before they hit full stride. We are too eager to sell when they haven't even begun to reach their potential, even if you want to make them a sellable asset. It's why I exercise patience with the younger players and always defend them from the OTT criticism.

I'm already seeing people clamour for Miguel Azeez to get game time from some people online and I've already reminded people he's 17 and not ready at all. I can already see the knives coming out for him once people realize he needs work if he manages to play so early on. Luckily Arteta seems to be protecting them a little, not playing them all the time but giving them enough games to do something.

TL;DR - Yes, we should give them time :lol:

akhil

Yeah he ran himself into the ground with all the pressing. Got a few turnovers as well. Should've scored from the cutback from Saka.

akhil

@MutableEarth Nice post. Like Wenger said a while back, young players hit physical maturity around 22-23. By then most talented players would've had some decent experience and will be getting smarter/confident as well.

Seems to be coming together for AMN. I suspect it will for Eddie too, he looks so much better physically from last year alone. Same goes for Willock too physically.

Raicore

Disappointed that he didn't score from the chances..didnt strike the ball cleanly..hurried shots. Back to shooting practices, Eddie

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He will never be ready to start for us. Doesnt have the natural talent. He isnt gifted in any area physically. No pace, not much strength, hold up play isnt great. If his finishing was elite then we are talking about a good backup player. Sadly he isnt showing any signs.

Two years left on his deal as well...

Nketiah is the Elneny of forwards. Good work rate, has the right mentality and doesn't make too many mistakes, but just not technically gifted or explosive enough to make the difference.

Nketiah has decent enough pace and strength for his size. What limits him is the lack of high level technique.

First touch, passing and shooting are not up to standard for this level.

His dribbling is also nothing special, but none of our senior forwards really have good dribbling technique.

I think Nketiah will be a fantastic Championship level forward in the future.

chessygoal

Nketiah is the Elneny of forwards. Good work rate, has the right mentality and doesn't make too many mistakes, but just not technically gifted or explosive enough to make the difference.

Nketiah has decent enough pace and strength for his size. What limits him is the lack of high level technique.

His dribbling is also nothing special, but none of our senior forwards really have good dribbling technique.

Nketiah is a natural goal scorer, he proved it at every youth level. It's far too early to have a definitive opinion on him. you could be right, he could be a Chuba Akpom type of player and never being able to replicate his goalscoring record at the highest level, but I'm inclined to think that he has the right mindset and the right attitude to improve his game.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Spot on.
We need forwards who are comfortable controlling the ball in tight area.
We need them to do skill moves and dribble past players for fun.
We need them to drop deep to play passes with the midfielders, helping with the build up play, keeping possession, helping to create overload in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom