• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
So I’ve been watching a bit more of his play and I have to revise my perspective on him. He actually has more potential than I originally gave him credit for. He is quick over short distances and has excellent movements for his age. His finishing can be very calm at times. That being said he hasn’t impressed me in first team games. I think he’s probably just trying too hard to impress and that could explain some of his snatched shots.

He needs to work on his link up play. His passing isn’t very good and he’s heavily reliant on others to make chances for him but if he keeps working to improve his deficiencies and listens to his coaches he can go very far.

That being said I still think Balogun is a bigger talent. However football is about who makes the most of the opportunities available to them and right now he’s on the cusps of the first team and should grab the chance by the neck.

He will need to add at least 12 goals per season with to show us that there is substance behind that potential.

9jagooner

NBC just showed a mini bust-up between Ceballos and Nketiah during warm up before the game. Does anyone have the video

GDeep™

League is very weak
Found it funny the other day, the commentator asked about Laca and Arteta started talking about Eddie.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

he’s heavily reliant on others to make chances for him
That is partly a striker for you, but then he really needs to put away the chances once he gets them if he is going to just that. I am not that convinced about him, but them again I wasn't high on Saka when he came in so should probably wait to pass judgement.

Kav

Established Member
That is partly a striker for you, but then he really needs to put away the chances once he gets them if he is going to just that. I am not that convinced about him, but them again I wasn't high on Saka when he came in so should probably wait to pass judgement.

I understand and agree with your statement. However the distinction I wanted to make with my comment is that you have players like Henry or Bergkamp who could do something special on their own. They could beat 3 players and score. They don’t need teammates to make a perfect pass. Even lacazette sometimes gets the ball in unfavorable positions but he makes space and lashes in goals from ridiculously difficult angles. That is a special ability that I don’t see from Eddie. He’s a finisher and most of his goals are close range tap in or finishes. Meaning he’s invariably a system player depending on the work of wingers or midfielders. Where he thrived is that he excels at identifying space and using it to his advantage.

If we are in a game with a low block or he’s being man marked and we don’t get many passes into the opponents box or final third with Eddie we are likely to suffer. Not so much with someone like Henry, Sanchez, RVP, Adebayor, and I suspect Martinelli in the future.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
There when he was needed.

That it was Ceballos and Nketiah combining makes it even better.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Clever striker's play for his goal. Improving all the time for me.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Can't really ask much more from him as a sub. Just need him to start doing this consistently.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Great poached goal. Lively as well during his sub. Big season ahead for him. Hope he gets a nice run in EL and cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom