• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Glad seeing others changing their mind about Nketiah. He's a fighter and can press but he should be no where near the starting spot.

Not sure whether it's "changing their minds" really. He just isn't ready to be our starting number 9 at the moment. Doesn't mean he's ****. He has so much room to develop.

Most people (including me) want talents to show their all at the age of 17 like Cesc did but that is so uncommon..

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Not sure whether it's "changing their minds" really. He just isn't ready to be our starting number 9 at the moment. Doesn't mean he's ****. He has so much room to develop.

Most people (including me) want talents to show their all at the age of 17 like Cesc did but that is so uncommon..
He's done nothing to show he's good enough other than score a few tap ins....every aspect of his play has been poor. Seen some people compare him to mason greenwood. Greenwood is light years ahead in terms of ability and talent.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He's done nothing to show he's good enough other than score a few tap ins....every aspect of his play has been poor. Seen some people compare him to mason greenwood. Greenwood is light years ahead in terms of ability and talent.

True, but wouldn't be the first time that a **** striker turns into a good striker later on. Not comparing the two but wasn't Vardy working at a factory at Nketiah's age?

He needs time to develop. Our starting #9 position just isn't the right place.

Not going to complain today. Auba looked dreadful out there too. There is a lot of work to do offensively for our attackers to flourish better.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Bootleg Inzaghi. I Like Nketiah, but he doesn't have the talent to be the main man leading the line here in the future. I don't think you can just train to improve size, strength, technique and explosiveness to such a high level when he is already so deficient in all those areas at 21.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

After Lacazette’s miss against Liverpool I suspect Arteta just took him out of the firing line. Just my opinion.

I’ve seen nothing to suggest that Eddie should be starting ahead of Lacazette -other than fresh legs I just don’t see it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I’m usually quite positive about our youngsters, and I don’t like upsetting @MutableEarth , but I just don’t think this guy is good enough.

He’s got a good eye for goal, but has a limited physical presence, no creativity, and poor link-up play. Just don’t think he’s got what it takes to play CF in the prem.

Attack just looks completely pedestrian with him as the spearhead. Hope he is limited to the cups / super sub role.
I think he's still a bit raw myself. I think there's a lot of talent there but watching back the recent games, I have been less than impressed with how rushed and lacking composure he has been in possession. Some flat track games in the EL should be good for him IMO.

Makavelii

He’s better off the ball than on it (pressing, dragging defenders out of position, making space). That’s why managers appreciate him but fans don’t get it.

That withstanding, he’s definitely not starter quality IMO. We need to invest in a new #9 next season.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
from BBC webpage :

Nketiah netted his ninth goal in his last five qualifying games and his 13th overall for England Under-21s, matching the record held by Alan Shearer and Francis Jeffers.

let's hope he becomes another Shearer rather than another Jeffers

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
from BBC webpage :

Nketiah netted his ninth goal in his last five qualifying games and his 13th overall for England Under-21s, matching the record held by Alan Shearer and Francis Jeffers.

let's hope he becomes another Shearer rather than another Jeffers
Looked good when he came on, to be fair. Is much more comfortable linking play and playing like a rounded #9 at this level than he is at first team level (understandably). I really wish we were in a situation where he would have gone on loan, but Arteta likes him (as do I) so he'll get minutes here. I just want him to calm down a bit - sometimes an overeagerness to impress can lead to rushing things.

Top top talent. Remember same time last year when I was getting murder threats and called troll for suggesting Daka could play anywhere he wanted or two yeara ago when I was troll for saying Saka could make it here with us.

We just need to be patient with Nketiah who is already better and offers more than Lacazette imho!

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

It's either start Auba up top or Nketiah really until Martinelli is fit and ready. Laca doesn't count as as he always needs to be subbed around 50 mins in.

Best English young striker, almost breaking the record for most scored goals for u21. We keep betting on him. Already our best striker after Auba.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's either start Auba up top or Nketiah really until Martinelli is fit and ready. Laca doesn't count as as he always needs to be subbed around 50 mins in.
Nketiah should start based on his u21 and potential. Not based on what he has produced which is very little. Specially his general play. I don’t think you can play him and auba together as both lack general play and we won’t build much play

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Nketiah should start based on his u21 and potential. Not based on what he has produced which is very little. Specially his general play. I don’t think you can play him and auba together as both lack general play and we won’t build much play
Exactly!
We can only allow a maximum of one player on the pitch who is not good at general play. (I would prefer none on the pitch to create numerical superiority and control possession.

We have auba, laca, Özil, nketiah, Willock.....can’t have more than one on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom