• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've always supported Nketiah, I think he is a natural scorer. Having said that I havent been impressed so far this season, obviously its early days, maybe he just needs a goal or two. I'm happy to continue with him and Laca sharing a game but also I'd like to see the following in some games.

Saka/Willian Auba Pepe

Auba Pepe
Saka/Willian

amigo

I think with Nketiah he needs service and with our system which is set up to feed Auba primarily he doesnt get as much. He flourshed more with his natural young partners of Willock, Saka, Rees etc and England U21s who were seeing his runs and feeding him. If you do feed him he will score, just doesnt create much. Good for a plan, B fresh legs when we need a goal but not quite starter quality yet.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

There’s nothing wrong with him he’s just a kid. A kid without obvious mercurial talent so I just don’t buy it. He feels like Welbeck at Utd, those academy products you force knowing full well you will get a fee for down the line.

One thing I will say in his defence however, he is very vocal and commanding on the pitch (to my surprise).

He is incredibly stat driven too, not satisfied unless his name is on the scoresheet.

He’s always been kinda underestimated in every level of football from youth level up to even now, but his determination keeps him plugging away. I personally don’t expect much from him but these type of players tend to make it.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Worst case scenario we cash in on him later down the line. For now, give him some patience and recognise he's just a kid.

I see a strange amount of hate for Nketiah for some reason, I find it inconsistent with other players so early in their development who have shown positive signs.

avalonhse

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...lan-shearer-england-u21-manager-a4569151.html
"Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah could follow in the footsteps of Harry Kane and Alan Shearer, according to England U21 boss Aidy Boothroyd."

Eddie reminds me of Gnabry. When Gnabry was here, most people said he was not ready for the 1st string. Then he was sent on loan, and people kept saying meh he did not impress. I can say the fans did not support Gnabry, they wanted him to stay, yes, but as 2nd string and accumulate experience instead of a regular.

Obviously he did not want to stay as 2nd string. He is the same as Sancho, wants to play week in week out. He needed to feel being trusted.

So he did not extend the contract and left, even Wenger was against it. The AM opinion about Gnabry only changed after his first season with Bremen. Then some fans blamed Wenger for not keeping him (???)

I dont know the solution. The youngs are always inconsistent, you never know he can make it or not. It is the reason why Wenger is rare and respectful. Unlike Mourinho is result-driven, Wenger is ready to put people development over short term achievement.

Sometimes this attitude backfires Wenger and you got planes over the stadium.

Anyone disagree with me can look at what Gnabry and the fans said:

His overall game was not that good even when he was starting, he is not ready for the first team he badly needs game time, he still looks unfit , if anything he is not going to get it at Bayern. If he wants to go he can, but he is not ready the vitrol for not sorting his contract is unreal, he hasnt played a game in two years been injured.

Never understood the hype around this guy, every time I've seen him he's looked pretty average.

I expect this is just an agent move to max the wage increase on his renewal.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...nabry-leaving-arsenal-the-right-decision-7268

"Leaving Arsenal the right decision"
"I was still confident I could've got in the team but I didn’t want to wait. I didn't want to be fourth or fifth choice any longer.

- to keep playing I had to take a step back and it was the right decision."

Yes, he took a step back by leaving Arsenal to play regular football.

Last edited:

GunnerShy

Can't really fault him at the moment.

Been a solid understudy. Tenacious, hard working, good movement and predatory instincts. Fast enough particularly over the first 10 yards.

To make it at Arsenal long term I think he needs to improve his finishing from outside the penalty area. Plenty do! He is only 21 after all.

tcahill

I'm happy to be corrected on any of the following, but I just can't see what makes this guy special.

His positioning is good and he has a decent workrate, but you can't make a leading PL career out of those skills (unless your name is Thomas Muller but he's nowhere near that level). He's pretty average on the ball, not an aerial threat, maybe slightly above average finishing ability.

I can only see him being a limited poacher in the future. Even looking at top poachers across Europe, the likes of Icardi, Dzeko etc they at least have excellent finishing ability, something that I haven't seen from Eddie yet. Maybe he's just not getting enough service, I do want him to succeed here but I just can't see it happening.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm happy to be corrected on any of the following, but I just can't see what makes this guy special.

His positioning is good and he has a decent workrate, but you can't make a leading PL career out of those skills (unless your name is Thomas Muller but he's nowhere near that level). He's pretty average on the ball, not an aerial threat, maybe slightly above average finishing ability.

I can only see him being a limited poacher in the future. Even looking at top poachers across Europe, the likes of Icardi, Dzeko etc they at least have excellent finishing ability, something that I haven't seen from Eddie yet. Maybe he's just not getting enough service, I do want him to succeed here but I just can't see it happening.
Think he'll work it out later, wouldn't be surprised to see him as a starting PL striker but via the long EFL route.

Think we should give him this season, then sell him barring any surprise developments. Then try again with Balogun.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
He’s poor and it’s frustrating to see Arteta allocate minutes to Nketiah/Willock, the two Hale end products I’m absolutely convinced aren’t of the required quality. Should look to cut our losses and I struggle to see space for him in the squad once Martinelli is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom