• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm glad he celebrated. Everyones been gunning for him and giving him pelters all season even when he hasn't been playing and wish casting him away to some Championship team below his level. I'm happy for the kid. Hope he scores a few more before he eventually leaves.

Bosniak Gooner

The kid is only 22, Iheanacho started scoring now at the age of 24.

For strikers the 23-24 age mark is crucial, I would sit and wait for him until that period, then we can shift him away.

Mind you that in world football there are not many great CF's, as mentioned above, months before, Lacazette was a literal bum at Lyon during this age.

Do we need him to go at West Ham, become England's number 1 striker to then cry out like babies.

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
Little bit harsh. The first one in particular was an incredibly difficult one to control properly. He should of done better with the second but I think he has tried to knock it in front of him to run onto but overdid it. Neither were straightforward though.

I hope he gets some more starts with Laca out. His all round game is still raw but his movement in the box and ability to anticipate where the ball will end up is exceptional especially for someone his age. He was on the pitch for 20 minutes today and had 4 chances. Our strikers normally get one or two a game. This isn't even including all the time he makes runs and doesn get picked out. If you look back at the pepe chance, Eddie was also alone in space ready for the cutback. He will score goals and get chance if you put quality creative players behind him.

Fair assessment. I just don't think he'll be able to develop his pure technical qualities enough to go from where he is now which looks Championship level at best, to top half > top 4 > title winning level.

Bosniak Gooner

Fair assessment. I just don't think he'll be able to develop his pure technical qualities enough to go from where he is now which looks Championship level at best, to top half > top 4 > title winning level.

Because literally, only Benzema, Firmino and Kane have technique in world football. Eddies problem is physicality which may be improved by bulking and gaining experience.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'm glad he celebrated. Everyones been gunning for him and giving him pelters all season even when he hasn't been playing and wish casting him away to some Championship team below his level. I'm happy for the kid. Hope he scores a few more before he eventually leaves.
He definitely deserves to celebrate, I just found the cupping ear celebrations in empty stadiums funny.

I feel the same way, the fanbase have done Eddie dirty tbh, they were calling for him to replace Laca not too long ago and now we see this "limited" rhetoric repeated to no end - regurgitated constantly without a second thought. As if every striker who's made it in the league is this complete playmaking forward. Very jarring.

UnbiasedNeutral

Because literally, only Benzema, Firmino and Kane have technique in world football. Eddies problem is physicality which may be improved by bulking and gaining experience.

I don't really understand what this comment means to be honest. Are you implying that I'm being overly critical of Nketiah just because he's not as technically good as the three you mentioned? That's certainly not the case. Eddie has plenty of problems, I certainly don't think bulking or experience should be used as an excuse for the fact he cannot control a ball.

Bosniak Gooner

I don't really understand what this comment means to be honest. Are you implying that I'm being overly critical of Nketiah just because he's not as technically good as the three you mentioned? That's certainly not the case. Eddie has plenty of problems, I certainly don't think bulking or experience should be used as an excuse for the fact he cannot control a ball.
Please tell me 1 player playing CF his age in the EPL that is on his level?

People still cannot grasp just how difficult this position is, didn't Greenwood look like absolute mug in this position? Is he also a bum?

Wasn't Moise Keane kicked out of Everton?

Eddie needs to leave this mess of a club, show his true potential at West Ham or other club.

Last edited:

UnbiasedNeutral

Please tell me 1 player playing CF his age in the EPL that is on his level?

People still cannot grasp just how difficult this position is, didn't Greenwood look like absolute mug in this position? Is he also a bum?

Wasn't Moise Keane kicked out of Everton?
Greenwood and Kean both looked better as a lone striker than Nketiah. Even my boy Fabio Silva has shown more ability to trap a ball than Nketiah has.

Here's a list of pretty much every u21 striker in the PL that has seen some minutes upfront:

Greenwood
Nketiah
Brewster
Fabio Silva
Connolly

I'd put Nketiah probably joint bottom on that list with Brewster in terms of quality on the ball, and Brewster is only that low because of the small sample size, I haven't seen him play a whole lot.

Connolly can trap a ball but can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Fabio Silva looks good technically but spends half the game on the floor (an example of a player with quality who actually needs to bulk up and grow into his body), and Greenwood needs no explanation, even if I think he is currently better as an inside forward than a lone striker due to his physicality.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Nketiah is simply not that talented. No need to have long debates. Lacks size, pace, agility, touch, close-control, passing vision and is not even a clinical finisher. His movement and mentality are really good, but that is not enough to make it at the highest level.

mirrorstare

Didn't mind the celebration, in my opinion maybe he knew this was his last contribution in an Arsenal shirt.

He rescued our Fulham at home record.

amigo

Nketiah is simply not that talented. No need to have long debates. Lacks size, pace, agility, touch, close-control, passing vision and is not even a clinical finisher. His movement and mentality are really good, but that is not enough to make it at the highest level.
Well that's your opinion and I guess we will find out. Remember Serge Gnabry? I wonder what you thought of him?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Well that's your opinion and I guess we will find out. Remember Serge Gnabry? I wonder what you thought of him?
lol a lot of revisionist history when it comes to him, apparently everyone saw it. I will be honest and say at the time I definitely didn't.

It changed how I see players development and peaks though, you do get your Saka's now and then but normally it's rarely a straight line trajectory.

People get tilted when I wish better for our players but I genuinely hope Eddie finds his feet somewhere - loads of natural talent there.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I rate him a lot back then. The day we sold him, I was so angry and said Wenger will regret it. He should be starting a lot more than he deserved, that was what I thought.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

1:04-1:07
Great physical strength for his age to hold up the ball against big defenders.

1:08-1:11
Always look for beautiful killer through pass, just like how Hleb/Nasri/Cazorla would pass the ball.

1:18-1:43, 1:48-2:03, 2:55-3:14
That is just amazing! Look at the skills, close control, how he opened up space and create chances from a crowded area. Dribble like Sanchez/Van Persie/Hleb!

Besides his movement on and off the ball is so intelligent. Got good pace in him. Always make the team more dangerous in breaking down the opponent defence. His passing, one touch passes and combination play are great in possession and build up.

And don’t forget this highlight didnt fully capture all the great stuff he has done. He was consistently doing stuff like this in the games he played. He was really a player I liked. Back then, I always questioned why the hell that shxt like walcott, chamberlain and poldoski were played instead of him.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

1:04-1:07
Great physical strength for his age to hold up the ball against big defenders.

1:08-1:11
Always look for beautiful killer through pass, just like how Hleb/Nasri/Cazorla would pass the ball.

1:18-1:43, 1:48-2:03, 2:55-3:14
That is just amazing! Look at the skills, close control, how he opened up space and create chances from a crowded area. Dribble like Sanchez/Van Persie/Hleb!

Besides his movement on and off the ball is so intelligent. Got good pace in him. Always make the team more dangerous in breaking down the opponent defence. His passing, one touch passes and combination play are great in possession and build up.

And don’t forget this highlight didnt fully capture all the great stuff he has done. He was consistently doing stuff like this in the games he played. He was really a player I liked. Back then, I always questioned why the hell that shxt like walcott, chamberlain and poldoski were played instead of him.
Skillful, intelligent, good passer, good pace, good movement, good physical attributes. What more do you want from a young player? He wasn’t played much, but everytime he was on the pitch, he was amazing. People who look at the stats sheet and judge a player based in it, without watching the actual match with a brain are fxxking fool.

Nketiah will never become half the player gnabry is. Never.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can’t explain would you go for him over Martinelli.

At this point every game is driving value down not up. Meanwhile another game passes Martinelli, and to a lesser extent Balogun, by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom