• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Despicable sub. Bring him on for a couple minutes for what? He's clearly immature at this level and was closing them down and getting stuck in because he works hard but Bumarreal wanted to kill off the game. Just not the right move at all. We didn't even have possession of the ball to allow him to even get a touch in.

Impact

Established Member
Rumblings in the Athletic of a new deal to preserve his value while potentially being sent on loan ala Willock next year.

If there are no permanent takers for a good fee this summer (>£15m), then I think this is the best course of action.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Rumblings in the Athletic of a new deal to preserve his value while potentially being sent on loan ala Willock next year.

If there are no permanent takers for a good fee this summer (>£15m), then I think this is the best course of action.
Yeh I think he could do with a season on loan to a promoted PL side or a Championship side with promotion aspirations.

Trill

Not Trilly
Fair play, today is probably the best I've seen him play for us...on the left wing of all places :confused:

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Fair play, today is probably the best I've seen him play for us...on the left wing of all places :confused:
Agreed. The weirdest thing to me about Eddie is the night & day performances between his u23 & england u21 outings and his Arsenal senior team appearances. At youth levels he's a complete forward; linking play, dribbling... all these things have never showed up in his senior appearances for Arsenal until today. Granted it's only a friendly lol but hopefully good omens

Trill

Not Trilly
Agreed. The weirdest thing to me about Eddie is the night & day performances between his u23 & england u21 outings and his Arsenal senior team appearances. At youth levels he's a complete forward; linking play, dribbling... all these things have never showed up in his senior appearances for Arsenal until today. Granted it's only a friendly lol but hopefully good omens
I've never seen him play for anyone but the first team. Always had him down as a poacher type, which is why I've been worried by his lack of composure when he makes the step up to senior. The one thing you need to have as a striker if you haven't got an all round game is strong mental constitution. It's why I'd kind of given up on Eddie and started pinning my hopes on Balogun. Eddie might be more talented but Balogun has been in the right place at the right time early and has high confidence, which is massive. Eddie with even a modicum of confidence buries that chance against Hibernian.

Putting him out on the wing with a bit more space to work with and less expectation on pure end product seems to have worked in the short term. He should feel a lot more confident in his abilities after that game. That said their RB was poor, but you can only play what's put in front of you. His one touch play was surprisingly good. Probably had the best passes in the first half. Twas pleasantly surprised.

Be interesting to see what happens with him in the next few games.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I've never seen him play for anyone but the first team. Always had him down as a poacher type, which is why I've been worried by his lack of composure when he makes the step up to senior. The one thing you need to have as a striker if you haven't got an all round game is strong mental constitution. It's why I'd kind of given up on Eddie and started pinning my hopes on Balogun. Eddie might be more talented but Balogun has been in the right place at the right time early and has high confidence, which is massive. Eddie with even a modicum of confidence buries that chance against Hibernian.

Putting him out on the wing with a bit more space to work with and less expectation on pure end product seems to have worked in the short term. He should feel a lot more confident in his abilities after that game. That said their RB was poor, but you can only play what's put in front of you. His one touch play was surprisingly good. Probably had the best passes in the first half. Twas pleasantly surprised.

Be interesting to see what happens with him in the next few games.

You remember Oxlade Chamberlain always killing it in pre-season? Nketiah is simply not talented enough. It's been that way since 2015. His game hasn't improved much. He improved his quickness a bit, but still not a naturally explosive and powerful athlete. Balogun is simply more talented. Stronger, faster, better shooting outside the box with either foot. Can dribble, hold up and link up. Nketiah at times showed good link up play with U23, but he was never a threat as a dribbler or from outside the box. Just don't think he has enough raw talent to make it. His mentality is good, but that can only take a player so far.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Start him against Brentford. Looked the best out of all the strikers so far this pre season. Auba been stinking the place out.

Reactions: Xln

Badger_Revenge

He looked really good out wide. Really hungry. Barely did a thing wrong. Especially good in his buildup play, which is new. Could have had an assist. Unfortunately weak shot from him when open on edge of the box.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
One of the winner of the preseason for me.

He looked so comfortable on the ball, had many great moments. Even on the left or more central.

@MutableEarth has told us often enough, that we haven't seen the "real Nketiah" yet and is capable to do a lot of more things than we have seen so far.
Difficult decision for the club. If we sell him, we need a buy-back-clause.

mirrorstare

It's not Nketiah, it's Artetaball. Strikers look better the further away from goal they are because it's negative football.

Put him back in the middle and we'll be crying for Auba in half an hour

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
One of the winner of the preseason for me.

He looked so comfortable on the ball, had many great moments. Even on the left or more central.

@MutableEarth has told us often enough, that we haven't seen the "real Nketiah" yet and is capable to do a lot of more things than we have seen so far.
Difficult decision for the club. If we sell him, we need a buy-back-clause.
I still think we lose him. He isn't senior enough to dislodge both Auba and Laca for the top spot and - honestly, I'm not convinced that he'll look THAT much better in the league if he does start upfront. I've been said that Nketiah's all-round game is better than people say it is, but I think even that won't save him in this set-up that Arteta has put together so far. We need a much more rounded CF upfront to compensate and/or a LW who's much better on the ball than Aubameyang (that SHOULD have been Reiss, but that's a sore spot and I don't want to talk about it anymore :lol:).

I don't think we get any buy-back either, it'll be a sell-on. We still have very promising young strikers, but we have to decide if we're gonna stick with them and develop them or waste them like we have Nketiah.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I see Eddie as having at the very least a very good Championship career.

That little spell before lockdown last year he looked like he was getting comfortable and that really slowed him down. I don't see him as getting as many opportunities he needs if he stays so if I was him I'd take the opportunity to move on this summer and make a career for himself. Really hope he does well as he's a very likeable person.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I still think we lose him. He isn't senior enough to dislodge both Auba and Laca for the top spot and - honestly, I'm not convinced that he'll look THAT much better in the league if he does start upfront. I've been said that Nketiah's all-round game is better than people say it is, but I think even that won't save him in this set-up that Arteta has put together so far. We need a much more rounded CF upfront to compensate and/or a LW who's much better on the ball than Aubameyang (that SHOULD have been Reiss, but that's a sore spot and I don't want to talk about it anymore :lol:).

I don't think we get any buy-back either, it'll be a sell-on. We still have very promising young strikers, but we have to decide if we're gonna stick with them and develop them or waste them like we have Nketiah.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Thought he looked good again today. Doubt we will keep him but could develop into a decent player.

Wouldnt be against keeping him around and loaning balogun but the contract situation makes it awkward.

12 months left you really cant keep him & Laca
Chelsea let him go as a teenager & kept Tammy tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom