• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I mean it'd be good for him to play in Germany obviously, but what's wrong with playing in the Championship instead? It's not League One, plenty of talented youngsters are playing in the Championship. Why exactly is the club against that?

Yeah I don't get it either, a championship club would have been great for Nketiah as long as he got playing time..

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I mean it'd be good for him to play in Germany obviously, but what's wrong with playing in the Championship instead? It's not League One, plenty of talented youngsters are playing in the Championship. Why exactly is the club against that?
Because they don't seem to like playing our youngsters when we send them there. I support the club in this instance.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I don't get it either, a championship club would have been great for Nketiah as long as he got playing time..

Like I think Nketiah is talented, but I don't think he's quite on the same level as Nelson or ESR. For sure I'd say Nelson and ESR are much better suited to the Bundesliga than the Championship, but Nketiah or Willock could learn a great deal there.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Because they don't seem to like playing our youngsters when we send them there. I support the club in this instance.

That can't be a universal situation though. Maybe we've just had bad luck or poor choice of which clubs we've sent players to. Just because it didn't work in one instance doesn't mean it can never work. If there's a Championship club in need of a striker and willing to play Nketiah then there's no reason why he shouldn't go. Obviously he needs to play though, wherever he is.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That can't be a universal situation though. Maybe we've just had bad luck or poor choice of which clubs we've sent players to. Just because it didn't work in one instance doesn't mean it can never work. If there's a Championship club in need of a striker and willing to play Nketiah then there's no reason why he shouldn't go. Obviously he needs to play though, wherever he is.
The key point is willing to play. If he goes to the Championship and plays then ill be happy. I just don't trust Championship teams to play them.

neimad

This is the kind of scenario that can make or break a young players career. Hope we get him a decent club before the deadline.

Even when we sub Laca or Auba some midfielder comes in, never Nketiah. He wasn't even on the bench against Cardiff as I remember. That's not the way you develop a player.

He was on the bench.

No youngster was on the bench against Manchester United in FA Cup. Which is a shame really.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Martinelli or John-Jules third choice ST?

Nketiah and Willock both need to play, if Eddie gets a solid loan then do it. Would prefer a top league to the championship though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There some talks about us want to sign Chalov a name we linked with early summer

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Martinelli or John-Jules third choice ST?

Nketiah and Willock both need to play, if Eddie gets a solid loan then do it. Would prefer a top league to the championship though.
Could see it. Nketiah is good enough IMO to get plenty of first team minutes even in a top flight league. John-Jules has played against adults last season and acquitted himself quite well, as has Martinelli going by his time in Brazilian competition this year. Not outside of the realm of possibility that they're used sparingly as 3rd strikers. Auba and Laca are the default, and last season Eddie didn't get a sniff even when Welbeck broke his ankle.

Willock will most likely stay IMO. We're light in midfield and especially light on ball-carrying and physicality - both things Willock possesses.

I support an Nketiah loan - even if it's a Championship loan. I just want him to play and score. If there's anybody from our academy that needs first team minutes, it's definitely Nketiah. Bristol City sounds decent - Abraham had a good season there a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom