• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out: Pure Profit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah but spending 28mill and then offering 100k to Eddie would be a no-go for a lot of clubs.
There are rumours they would bid 34 million for him.

If they want a talented striker, for an EPL club, I think something like at least 70k per week is expected anyway. So the difference isn't that big.

If Arsenal really wants to sell him, and make a profit, they could sell him for like 20 million, which is cheap for a HG striker in current markets. This is why the extension was so brilliant.

Only problem would be if Nketiah is not willing to move, and becomes deadwood at some point. But I have to assume a talented striker like him, won't make that kind of career moves.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed

If they want a talented striker, for an EPL club, I think something like at least 70k per week is expected anyway. So the difference isn't that big.

If Arsenal really wants to sell him, and make a profit, they could sell him for 20 million. This is why the extension was so brilliant.

Only problem would be if Nketiah is not willing to move, and becomes deadwood at some point. But I have to assume a talented striker like him, won't make that kind of career moves.

Don't think Eddie would move on a lesser pay package than what he is getting here. And that will be a stumbling block for us to ship him out.

CannonBals

If Arsenal really wants to sell him, and make a profit, they could sell him for like 20 million, which is cheap for a HG striker in current markets. This is why the extension was so brilliant.

I think the original article had said that Palace is interested and his CIES valuation is 34m. Now everywhere else this number is getting thrown around.

drippin

Don't think Eddie would move on a lesser pay package than what he is getting here. And that will be a stumbling block for us to ship him out.
That's why I explained how Arsenal can easily reduce their transfer fee demands to enable other clubs pay Nketiah's wages, and still make a good profit.

drippin

I think the original article had said that Palace is interested and his CIES valuation is 34m. Now everywhere else this number is getting thrown around.
Okay thanks. It sounded quite high for a first bid for sure. Well anyway my point stands. Arsenal can even sell Nketiah for 10 million and make a profit.

The point is that even with his current contract he is an asset that will very very likely make a good profit. And has already been given an okay chance to perform at Arsenal, while helping Arsenal finish 2nd.

Sammy1887

That's why I explained how Arsenal can easily reduce their transfer fee demands to enable other clubs pay Nketiah's wages, and still make a good profit.
And that’s going to be the problem. As no club would layout a overall 40-50 million package on him.

drippin

And that’s going to be the problem. As no club would layout a overall 40-50 million package on him.
Brewster was bought for 23,5 million in 2020, with a buy-back clause, which reduces the overall fee. He was more inexperienced than Nketiah.

So yeah, Arsenal can easily sell him if they want to, and he is willing to leave.

70k (assumption of wages for a similar HG talent as Nketiah) vs. 100k per week in 5 year period is only 8 million.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Yeah but spending 28mill and then offering 100k to Eddie would be a no-go for a lot of clubs.

I'm not sure I've seen that Eduard and Scammaca are both on 90k a week. Eddie will be way more prolific than those guys. Palace have just got Zaha's 180k wages off their wagebill so the yearly cost of signing Eddie probably equates to the yearly cost of paying Zaha's wages approximately.

I really think Eddie makes a ton of sense for any mid-table team that plays on the counter. He guarantees 15 goals a season if you play him every game imo.

Sammy1887

Brewster was bought for 23,5 million in 2020, with a buy-back clause, which reduces the overall fee. He was more inexperienced than Nketiah.

So yeah, Arsenal can easily sell him if they want to, and he is willing to leave.

70k (assumption of wages for a similar HG talent as Nketiah) vs. 100k per week in 5 year period is only 8 million.

Brewster wasn’t earning 100k pw. Your analogy is wrong again.

Sammy1887

I'm not sure I've seen that Eduard and Scammaca are both on 90k a week. Eddie will be way more prolific than those guys. Palace have just got Zaha's 180k wages off their wagebill so the yearly cost of signing Eddie probably equates to the yearly cost of paying Zaha's wages approximately.

I really think Eddie makes a ton of sense for any mid-table team that plays on the counter. He guarantees 15 goals a season if you play him every game imo.

They might be, but when Palace and West ham bought them, they were earning relatively less wages.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
They might be, but when Palace and West ham bought them, they were earning relatively less wages.

That's not correct, they both only joined between 12-24 months ago and I don't think either have signed new deals. Some sources have Edouard on 70k a week though. But you can't help but think Nketieh is worth significantly more than him based on their PL and Europa scoring records

Calvert Lewin is on a 100k, Leon Bailey 100k, Chris Wood 80k, Danny Ings 125k, Sarabia 90k, Iwobi 120k

Note I've deliberately excluded the traditional top 7 as that's a different market place. I suppose you could argue West Ham, Everton and Villa are different market places too. But the thing is if Nketieh can get you 12 PL goals or more he could secure maybe 8 extra points. He could be worth his weight in gold to the right club.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That's not correct, they both only joined between 12-24 months ago and I don't think either have signed new deals. Some sources have Edouard on 70k a week though. But you can't help but think Nketieh is worth significantly more than him based on their PL and Europa scoring records

Calvert Lewin is on a 100k, Leon Bailey 100k, Chris Wood 80k, Danny Ings 125k, Sarabia 90k, Iwobi 120k

Note I've deliberately excluded the traditional top 7 as that's a different market place. I suppose you could argue West Ham, Everton and Villa are different market places too. But the thing is if Nketieh can get you 12 PL goals or more he could secure maybe 8 extra points. He could be worth his weight in gold to the right club.
Nketiah had 4 goals last season and this guy had 5

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Nketiah had 4 goals last season and this guy had 5

Even you should know by now that you're always wrong. Everyone else certainly does

Nketieh hasn't had many minutes all the rest have done loads of games. Nketieh's goals per minutes is better than all of them. People with learning difficulties will struggle with this idea.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Even you should know by now that you're always wrong. Everyone else certainly does

Nketieh hasn't had many minutes all the rest have done loads of games. Nketieh's goals per minutes is better than all of them. People with learning difficulties will struggle with this idea.
Whilst that's true, Championship Eddie plays in a team that creates much more & better chances that he goes ahead & ruins

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Ok do you want to use goals per min. But you don’t want to take into account one played for a team that scored 88 league goals and the other 40 league goals?

One has 4 goals in 1068 mins. The other has 5 goals in 1806 mins. Again the stats are misleading because one striker has much better support. Nketiah in small team will get 1-2 pl goal per season

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What do you want to do? Balo dont wanna stay and Eddie aint good enough.

I dont think Balogun leaves if he rotates with Jesus to be honest.

Think Eddie's depature gets him to stay on, play in the best competitions and gives him a chance to elevate his profile this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom