• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We can't get £20m for Xhaka who was one the outstanding players at the Euros. :lol: Be very surprised if this happens.

blrgooner

Established Member
I think Eddie is a bigger prospect even than Willock. Unfortunately didn`t happen for him with us. Can`t complain about lack of chances either. I think he will end up having a very good EPL career somewhere else.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Eddie's great, but seriously - no one is paying £20m for him. There's talk of Edouard going for less than that. £15m would be a good fee but even that might be impossible this year.

jato

If Eddie was that big of a prospect he couldn't even replace Bamford at Leeds when he went on loan. I think there is a striker in there somewhere but I wouldn't consider him worthy of a regular starting spot. If we can sell him for $20 million, the club should do it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If Eddie was that big of a prospect he couldn't even replace Bamford at Leeds when he went on loan. I think there is a striker in there somewhere but I wouldn't consider him worthy of a regular starting spot. If we can sell him for $20 million, the club should do it.
And people are wondering why Chelsea can get so "much" for Abraham, who dominated Championship. And who has 2 years in contract.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't know why people are comparing Abraham and Nketiah, they are only totally different levels.

Abraham - 167 appearances, 74 goals, 6 International caps
Nketiah - 55 appearances, 8 goals, 0 International caps

With one year on his contract £10m would be a really good fee for Eddie.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think Eddie is a bigger prospect even than Willock. Unfortunately didn`t happen for him with us. Can`t complain about lack of chances either. I think he will end up having a very good EPL career somewhere else.

I always liked Nketiah but I feel the reason he did so well at youth level was due to all players still developing physically. Now he's had chances at PL level he hasnt shone at all, and I think its down to his physique. He could do ok at another PL club but I dont ever see him being a top striker.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don't know why people are comparing Abraham and Nketiah, they are only totally different levels.

Exactly. Anything we get from Nketiah is a bonus after Balogun signed the contract. It's still money that the academy made, which is part of its purpose, while we claim the true gems to 1st team like Saka & ESR.

Some sell-on clause and 10-15 million is fine with a year in contract. Maybe even less in this market.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

👍Its because they overate the value of our players.

Dont forget as a youngster Chelsea let Eddie go for free & kept Tammy.
If Eddie had a decent loan spell in the Championship and scored lots of goals he would go for £20-25m. If he had a loan spell in the prem and scored a good amount of goals he is £35m
Unfortunately he has never done that, not really cut it here, has got a year left and is currently injured.
He has had limited chances tbf but as a young player you really have to grab it. Tough timing though with Auba & Laca here.
I do think there is a player in there
Will anyone stump up £10m+ right now though is another matter

Part of me would extend him & send on loan but i doubt he would want that tbh.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wouldn't be shocked to see Eddie get a new contract. Thought he'd be gone by now, he's had a good pre season pre injury. Farteta coukd see Auba as a winger (Eurghhh), Laca with a year left on his deal and think why not give Eddie another run?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
O think Eddie is decent. Let's be real though, he's a broke man's Auba and Auba can not function in this system.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't be shocked to see Eddie get a new contract. Thought he'd be gone by now, he's had a good pre season pre injury. Farteta coukd see Auba as a winger (Eurghhh), Laca with a year left on his deal and think why not give Eddie another run?

He has been offered one and not signed it.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Would be really silly to turn down £10m for Nketiah imo. Hopefully this is just part of a haggle for more add-ons or something. Can see us losing him for free if we push this too much.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
£10m is really too little. Meeting in the middle would make sense.

I don't understand why Brighton or West Ham isn't in for him. Could be a cheap back-up to Antonio, who always gets injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom