• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
People saying, keep Balogun ( Off the basis of 74 minutes of first team football in his career, I'll add) well it's not really our choice if we keep him or not, he needs to sign a new contract.

Eddie gets done dirty on here. He's England's all time under 21 scorer. Yeah his games not fully developed yet, but it won't be at his age.

If we're selling to bring in another CF fair enough, but I can't say I'm delighted about the prospect.

I think a lot of us go by what @MutableEarth says that, between the two, Balogun seems the more well rounded player.

The u21 record scoring thing gets shat on here, but I'm dead serious when I say that Liverpool would be getting a lot more money for him. Specially since Mutable is adamant about how quickly Eddie grows into himself once he gets going (and has done so in every level his played until now).

Brewster was sold for 20m+, no? I have no idea what kind of pedigree Rhian had other than the under-something world cup he won for England, so there could obviously be more to it, but the point kinda stands.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I think a lot of us go by what @MutableEarth says that, between the two, Balogun seems the more well rounded player.

The u21 record scoring thing gets shat on here, but I'm dead serious when I say that Liverpool would be getting a lot more money for him.

Brewster was sold for 20m+, no? I have no idea what kind of pedigree Rhian had other than the under-something world cup he won for England, so there could obviously be more to it, but the point kinda stands.
Eddie has the U21 (U23?) England goal record, no?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The u21 record scoring thing gets shat on here, but I'm dead serious when I say that Liverpool would be getting a lot more money for him. Specially since Mutable is adamant about how quickly Eddie grows into himself once he gets going (and has done so in every level his played until now).

I'm quite confident Eddie will get goals at PL level. His off the ball work is top class, he's fast and can finish. You can't really go wrong as a striker if you have those things in your locker. Where he struggles his with his back to goal and with the ball at his feet, which is why he probably won't make it here.

We should get the money West Ham got for Haller for him tbh, he'd be a good signing for them.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The agent would stand to make more money out of this as well. Wouldn’t surprise me if he said to the club sell Eddie and Balogun will extend.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

I trust what MutableEarth says, because he knows his stuff about youth football. But it's not like the Balogun situation is under our control in terms of him staying here.

A lot of people on here hype up 17-18 year olds who've never played for us as the next big thing and when they're not world class by the age of 20 they want them binned. Most of us have barely ever seen Balogun play, if we're being honest.

God knows how Liverpool are getting the money they do for some of their kids. I think Brewster got really hyped up in the media over here when he won the golden boot when England won the under 17's WC a few years back. I don't think he's really done anything of note since then though. He and Foden were meant to become the two break out stars of that England age group.

I have no idea how Liverpool got the money for him they did though. Maybe there's an additional fee put on their kids now they're the best team in the country :lol:

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Wait, now it seems a bit too much :lol:.

Probably closes at 25m tops with bonuses, 20m seeming more likely.

Dafuq, I sincerely hope that is just a hard ass opening bid.

20m FFS.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He'll hopefully have a decent career and I think he will, bit weird to cheer it on like he's someone sponging 300k a week from the club. Right move to sell for sure but think its better to applaud him for getting a good move if he manages it.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

30m wow. Talk about putting the hand in but then.

I wouldnt be surprised if this was engineered by the agent. You can only keep one which one is it? If Eddie moves expect Balogun to sign up and go on loan in the summer.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There's got to be a £5m English tax on Eddie. £25m including add on's seems reasonable for me if we are going to sell him. I wouldn't want to accept much less than that.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We should get at least what Liverpool got for Brewster. And I think they had a buyback option. How much did he have left in contract when sold? 2 years?

Get that option there and get Balogun extended. Everyone wins and Nketiah as Arsenal youth product might want to come back if he succeeds and there is a need here later.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If you consider every overpriced english player in the Prem history, 25-30m for Eddie is absolutely fair.

Would be terrific.
Sell Willock for 15-20m too, while we are at it.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I like Eddie and would want him to stay but if we can get £20-25m for him and keep Balogun I'd be happy with that as I think Balogun is the better prospect.

I've no doubts Eddie will make it in the Premier League with another club. He's been asked to play a role that doesn't suit him for us and has put in a shift and scored a few goals whenever asked too. At the right club I think he can be a good goalscorer in this league.

Asking for £30m is exactly what we should be trying. He's homegrown and young enough that we shouldn't just be handing him over to someone for next to nothing. He's certainly more proven than Brewster was for starters.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Take 20M, spend it on Daka.

Sell Lacazette in the summer, spend it on Edouard. Sorted.

Woah, can you imagine the strikeforce at our disposal.

Auba, Martinelli, Eduoard, Balogun, Daka.

#GoaliesLivesMatter

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Eddie scores goals and is English. I think somewhere between 25-30 million is pretty reasonable tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom