• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Makes sense for both teams. Hope we manage to get around 5-10m for him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Crystal Palace make no sense because they have Edouard and Benteke. Brighton in other hand yeah they in need for striker.

the problem we facing if we let eddie go bolagun go on loan and not sure what going to happen with auba we suddenly short in CF and will be in urgent need to sign CF. this month is already interesting i won't be surprised if we sign 2-3 players even if on loan.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
In the unlikely event that we can shift both Auba and Nketiah for fees, I could see us moving for a striker this January... otherwise I think Nketiah probably stays as cover til the end of the season

Pulp

With the wages Aubameyang are on, even a small would free up a lot of money. But doubtful they both go. Should be able to get a decent fee (10-15 mill) for Nketiah though. Obviously a good striker in the right system.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
In the unlikely event that we can shift both Auba and Nketiah for fees, I could see us moving for a striker this January... otherwise I think Nketiah probably stays as cover til the end of the season

If we love for a cf now I can't see him being a starter.

Probably just a stop gap or punt. Hard to see any high profile strikers moving in this window.

Doesn't that Juve winger we're linked to also play as striker as well?

Barry

If we love for a cf now I can't see him being a starter.

Probably just a stop gap or punt. Hard to see any high profile strikers moving in this window.

Doesn't that Juve winger we're linked to also play as striker as well?
Very difficult to land a decent striker mid season unless there's a contract situation going on. So yeah, don't think it's likely that any of our top targets are available. Vlahovic might be, but doesn't strike me as a likely move.

Do you mean Kulusevski? He has a bit of potential long term but doubt he makes much of an impact at CF in the Prem over the next 6 months, that's a huge ask. Guess it's most likely that we keep Auba and maybe Nketiah to be honest.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Very difficult to land a decent striker mid season unless there's a contract situation going on. So yeah, don't think it's likely that any of our top targets are available. Vlahovic might be, but doesn't strike me as a likely move.

Do you mean Kulusevski? He has a bit of potential long term but doubt he makes much of an impact at CF in the Prem over the next 6 months, that's a huge ask. Guess it's most likely that we keep Auba and maybe Nketiah to be honest.

Yeah, that's who I meant. With Auba probably never playing for us again and Eddie moving this window if at all possible, he would make sense coming in now.

Laca, Auba, Eddie and Flo are all leaving (the latter should be getting loaned again), so it would make sense we bring in two strikers, regardless if they are coming in a sub option or not.

Don't think we move Martinelli there anytime soon, as the player sees himself as more of a left winger.

Barry

Eddie to Newcastle doesn't seem like a good fit somehow. They went big for Willock and that hasn't worked out yet. Now they have new owners and money - they need instant success to stay up and then they'll be after the big names across Europe. Sure, he'll get a nice contract but can't see him playing much football at Newcastle unless they are relegated. Does Nketiah guarantee them the goals to stay up? Think there are probably better options (like Auba actually)

Reactions: A_G

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think we will refuse any bid for him and let him leave free in the summer. With him and Auba gone Laca will get a new contract

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Eddie to Newcastle doesn't seem like a good fit somehow. They went big for Willock and that hasn't worked out yet. Now they have new owners and money - they need instant success to stay up and then they'll be after the big names across Europe. Sure, he'll get a nice contract but can't see him playing much football at Newcastle unless they are relegated. Does Nketiah guarantee them the goals to stay up? Think there are probably better options (like Auba actually)
They only have Wilson, who has been injured 157 days since 26th November 2020. Also Joelinton, but he is more of a midfielder for them now. Hasn't had enough end-product.

So a cheap Nketiah along with someone else could be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom