• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I thought West Ham were high on Abraham? 15m for Nketiah is pretty bad business, but with his replacements already here in Balogun and Martinelli, I can live with it.
15m for Eddie s bad business? Why? Did he score like 15 PL Goals before that i didn't know about?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I'd be surprised if westham are interested specially if they stay in Europe they'll probably look for better striker for Eddie i think it'll be championship Nelson too only AMN and willock Will stay in PL.

Goonger

£15M wouldn't be great in normal circumstances, but with just a year left and Covid hit year, take it & move on.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I thought West Ham were high on Abraham? 15m for Nketiah is pretty bad business, but with his replacements already here in Balogun and Martinelli, I can live with it.
15 million for a guy who if he never played for us again no one would care. I can’t think of any time in a match thread I read someone write bring on nketiah. He doesn’t even cross our minds

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Rhian Brewster went for 25m, Dominic Solanke 20m, Ivan Toney is being quoted at 40m after a good year in the championship. 15m for Nketiah is daylight robbery.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Rhian Brewster went for 25m, Dominic Solanke 20m, Ivan Toney is being quoted at 40m after a good year in the championship. 15m for Nketiah is daylight robbery.
Solanke was different time. Brewster came from a very good championship season. Nketiah is better than him. But he is ice cold right now and don’t play for his club and was really bad in uu21 euros

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Will Grigg went for nearly 10m. Nketiah has sown that he can score goals at Championship level. He rightly or wrongly (definitely wrongly) lead the line for Arsenal fc at times this season.

15m is a travesty, but is it worth holding out for 25m? No.

Nketiah out with TJJ and Balogun being elevated is good business.

Out of interest, how much do you think Nelson would be worth in this market.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Probably end up getting £10m max for him. Yes he's a good striker but he hasnt proven himself at PL level. Also only a year left and in a covid market.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
WE really screwed up his value. Here we have a good goalscoring striker who should be going for far more than we're likely to get.

Nonetheless, I think this would be good for his career to leave Arsenal and go somewhere he will play. Not sure that team is West Ham to be fair, but given how they've improved in terms of creating chances, having someone like Nketiah will be good for them as he knows where the goal is. Will be eager to see how his development pans out - he's better than people's estimations of him.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
If we are smart we put a sell on percentage clause into his contract when we sell him... got a feeling he’ll become a bit of a journeyman striker.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
WE really screwed up his value. Here we have a good goalscoring striker who should be going for far more than we're likely to get.

Nonetheless, I think this would be good for his career to leave Arsenal and go somewhere he will play. Not sure that team is West Ham to be fair, but given how they've improved in terms of creating chances, having someone like Nketiah will be good for them as he knows where the goal is. Will be eager to see how his development pans out - he's better than people's estimations of him.
Should probably did same Liverpool with Brewster and send him to championship club and hope he do well there we made alot of bad decision last summer

Goonger

The Brewster transfer will work against us because like Eddie he's a finisher that doesn't really get involved a lot in the build up play, & he's flopped badly at EPL level.

jjmcjohnson

I doubt we will get much more than £10 million for this guy and I have serious doubts about whether he can even do it at championship level

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Give him some minutes and a chance to impress. there are games like Fulham this weekend where he could start. That might push his value up from £15 million but we shouldn't hold out for more if that is the best we can get this summer because he will then leave on a free.

pikey2000

£15m +20% sell-on fee is probably as good as it is going to get.
Imo we should be putting sell on fee's and buy back clauses on all of the young talent we sell, that way if they are journeyman we recoup more money, if they set the world alight somewhere we have a chance to bring them back in again, should be a basic minimum if your selling young talent that could go either way.

Eddie has to go imo, you take £15m all day long, we need to re-invest in the squad and we can't be messing about holding out for an extra £5m and then losing him on a free in a years time, this is a window where we need to trim fat but that fat doesn't need to be released for free as we have with Özil/Sokratis and co, we have a chance to recoup money on Eddie, Douzi, Torreira, maybe one of AMN or Willock, possibly Lacazette.

Massive window for us coming up, sell sensibly and recruit 2 or 3 of the right types and kick on.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I've always had a soft spot for Nketiah, but it seems the right time to sell. Don't think he'll break through here with Martinelli and Balogun also competing for the spot and he has disappointed me a bit when he did get the chance.

But like Mutable said, he's probably better than most people on here think he is. It would make a lot of sense for him and West Ham if he ended up there. They really only have Antonio as a proper striker and he's injured all the time. He'll get plenty of minutes as the second striker and West Ham and he can prove himself at (normally) midtable level.

I'd take 15m and move on.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I have said it years ago, he is not good enough. I don’t understand why it take so long for people to realise.

“Try him out in the first team”
“Give young players playing time.”
“Give him a run of game to see if he is good”.......

Why? I don’t get why. He was never good enough, why wasting time on him in the first place? I don’t get it.

Nketiah, if you want to stay, learn how to be a good attacking player first. Here is a 2 mins YouTube lesson for you:

Wait! Sorry, that is lesson #100, should have given you basic level lesson #1 to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom