• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

TornadoTed

Established Member
I like Eddie but I think he should definitely leave for the sake of his career, I don't think he is quite good enough for us. He has proved for England U21's and in the cups that he is lethal against poorer sides but he has struggled again and again against better sides in the Premiership. I could see him becoming Charlie Austin sort of level, a 25 goal a season striker in the Championship and a 5 goal a season striker in the Premiership.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Obviously Arteta is gonna move heaven and Earth to get Eddie to resign. Means less work to do in the summer. Assuming both Auba and Lacazette are gone, the club will be forced to look for a no. 2 striker. I’m not too sure Balogun is ready to be a backup just yet so it makes perfect sense for Eddie to fill in a gap. Personally, I would sell Eddie if a good offer came. Failing that, I would give him a new contract and then try to sell him when he’s 24/25 for a better fee.

In the summer and hopefully if we’re back in Europe we got a lot of work to do. A striker, a midfielder, a backup goalie and a right back. You can see why Arteta is so keen on Eddie.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I like Eddie but I think he should definitely leave for the sake of his career, I don't think he is quite good enough for us. He has proved for England U21's and in the cups that he is lethal against poorer sides but he has struggled again and again against better sides in the Premiership. I could see him becoming Charlie Austin sort of level, a 25 goal a season striker in the Championship and a 5 goal a season striker in the Premiership.
Tbf his goals per 90 in the PL is very good. And think about how disjointed our attack has been under Arteta and Emery. Eddie still puts up good numbers.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Pretty pretty stupid to lose this guy for a tribunal fee, should be getting at least 15 mil
I'm not sure we would ever have got that much in the striker market last season. I think Palace picked up Eduoard for £16m? Sounds like we got greedy though and were asking for too much.

Fair play to Eddie anyway, he's going to do well somewhere. For us it's basically a cold, hard assessment between him & Martinelli for game time. Martinelli's been struggling hard for minutes and I think most would agree that he's the bigger talent than Nketiah. Leaving's the best move for him unfortunately, it's just a shame we lost out on the fee.

GoonerBoy19

He is a good finisher but that's it, he could be decent 3rd striker for us but I don't think he will accept that at this point of his career. We need someone in Laca's mold with more stamina who can score and contribute when not on scoresheet.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
We need someone in Laca's mold
wwe-stop.gif

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm not sure we would ever have got that much in the striker market last season. I think Palace picked up Eduoard for £16m? Sounds like we got greedy though and were asking for too much.

Fair play to Eddie anyway, he's going to do well somewhere. For us it's basically a cold, hard assessment between him & Martinelli for game time. Martinelli's been struggling hard for minutes and I think most would agree that he's the bigger talent than Nketiah. Leaving's the best move for him unfortunately, it's just a shame we lost out on the fee.

It’s just a bitter pill to swallow when you think about the fees Liverpool and Chelsea got for their players, in another world Nketiah would go for 20m easy.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It’s just a bitter pill to swallow when you think about the fees Liverpool and Chelsea got for their players, in another world Nketiah would go for 20m easy.
I know, it's really annoying. I don't think we've managed him that well in all honesty. It's been clear for a while that he wasn't in Arteta's plans so we should have cashed in when Balogun signed or even before. I guess it's hard to know what's going on behind closed doors but it fits with the wider picture of bad sales and business we've been doing (Willock aside).

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It’s not, 15 mil is absolute piss to Arsenal and we quite often hoard these players by choice.

We have this weird mindset that clubs either meet our valuations or jog on. You don’t really do that if you need it like that.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

For me, Eddie has always been a good player. His attitude has also been great. It would be stupid to let him leave, especially on a bosman!
He will be fine. People repeatedly calling him limited literally don’t know what they are talking about, there’s more to his game than tap ins.

We saw a decent left wing cameo off the bench the other week, he’s mostly played there for us since preseason.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
For me, Eddie has always been a good player. His attitude has also been great. It would be stupid to let him leave, especially on a bosman!
We aren't letting him leave. He is choosing to leave.

Young player who wants to play, at a club where he doesn't play. English also which means clubs in the PL will offer him probably double the wages and treble the playing time.

He would be an idiot to stay.

He will be fine. People repeatedly calling him limited literally don’t know what they are talking about, there’s more to his game than tap ins.

We saw a decent left wing cameo off the bench the other week, he’s mostly played there for us since preseason.
Exactly. He was also our best payer in preseason imo!
People need to be patient with these young players. It's impossible to show your qualities in a few odd minutes here and there! Still, this guy at least makes an impact whenever he comes on. Deserves a little more game time imo!

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Exactly. He was also our best payer in preseason imo!
People need to be patient with these young players. It's impossible to show your qualities in a few odd minutes here and there! Still, this guy at least makes an impact whenever he comes on. Deserves a little more game time imo!
I'd prefer him to spread his wings myself. I fully back him to outperform the likes of Maupay, Che Adams, Pukki, etc. Especially numbers wise.

I am fully convinced we will be spending big on a striker and a winger for the starting 11 this summer.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'd prefer him to spread his wings myself. I fully back him to outperform the likes of Maupay, Che Adams, Pukki, etc. Especially numbers wise.

I am fully convinced we will be spending big on a striker and a winger for the starting 11 this summer.
A winger to replace who? Think a striker and a CM will be priority.

Tom349

His finishing is somewhat limited i.e mostly tap ins and won't be scoring worldies from outside the box but he has more to overall game then he gets credited for.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I think we should be giving him starts him over Auba and Laca. He'll score significantly more than both in the league. The question is if If he can link up well enough with ESR and Martinelli. People are too snobby about poachers. He has the potential to be prolific.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ive always liked Eddie, don't understand the stick he gets. Hope he signs a new deal, losing him on a free would be criminal. He won't ever be the main CF at Arsenal but he's a really good player to have in the squad. Understand why he isn't signing though, shows he's got a good mentality.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom