• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Ive always liked Eddie, don't understand the stick he gets. Hope he signs a new deal, losing him on a free would be criminal. He won't ever be the main CF at Arsenal but he's a really good player to have in the squad. Understand why he isn't signing though, shows he's got a good mentality.

Also has the same agent as Balogun.

Plus, just look at AMN. Manager can promise a lot and wax lyrical about you all day during interviews, but actions speak louder.

We've had problems in midfield and attack and all the players I've mentioned above didn't get a look see.

It really is more down to less of a squad building headache for the manager right now and less a about him really rating them as "the future".

Think both parties will be fine here either way. Just sucks we're not getting much of a fee for them.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Also has the same agent as Balogun.

We had a similar situation with Balogun last year, when he entered the final 6 months of his contract and was free to enter discussions with any club.

There were rumours that he was going to end up at at Championship, lower placed PL teams and even at Stuttgart where Sven has eyed him. What happened instead is it seems that either his agent or Arteta convinced Balogun to sign a new deal by extending his stay with us.

What happened afterwards is painful as Balogun hasn't got a chance at all and is still at U-23 level. The only chance he had at start of season was when he played bad and we never saw him until last night.

I bet Eddie agent will use similar tactics and get the best sum available for Nketiah going out on a free.
As you say, a shame that we're not getting anything out of his sale.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tbf to Eddie, he looked really good in pre-season. Shouldn’t be coming on as a substitute winger though over Auba or Pepe, that’s just ridiculous.
Been saying this since summer, he clearly found some belief/composure or seriously worked on his game.

Hasn’t looked the same this season but understandably most fans have written him off. If he was a youth player just coming through now or a Tavares style punt then fans would be getting excited about him.

….he shouldn’t be playing though. 😂

I'd prefer him to spread his wings myself. I fully back him to outperform the likes of Maupay, Che Adams, Pukki, etc. Especially numbers wise.

I am fully convinced we will be spending big on a striker and a winger for the starting 11 this summer.
Aren't we losing both Auba and Laca? If so, that means we'd need 1 replacement plus cover. I feel he's talented enough to be the back up.

bergholt

Aren't we losing both Auba and Laca? If so, that means we'd need 1 replacement plus cover. I feel he's talented enough to be the back up.

Yeah agree, I'm not convinced he's good enough so obviously we need a CF in line ahead of him, but I could see him being handy second string for a little while.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He is not going anywhere this window even if we get a bid. The club has accepted he is leaving on free and need him for January

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He doesn't want to be back up. That's the whole reason he is leaving. He's 23 in summer. Time to move on and try to start somewhere in the lower half of the league.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Shame that we are losing him just when he developed nicely. A classic Arsenal blunder, nothing new there
He isn't good enough for us though. Had he scored one the other night nobody would have said anything. ESR/Saka/Martinelli etc are all doing it in the first team and are younger than Eddie.

There's a reason Saka plays ahead of Pepe and a reason Laca plays ahead of Eddie. He's a good poacher and nothing else. Which for some teams is all they need. Unfortunately we need something more.

All we can hope is he goes to another PL team and we can get something for him from the tribunal.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I get that Arteta wants to keep him because he has the high energy that Mikel likes. Add to that an ability to develop his poaching ability.

But truth be told he should go and be a starter elsewhere because I can't see that happening here. What he should do now is put himself in the shop window with some good performances and secure a transfer to a decent side in the league or Europe.

He doesn't want to be back up. That's the whole reason he is leaving. He's 23 in summer. Time to move on and try to start somewhere in the lower half of the league.
I doubt he gets a starting birth atm at a PL club. He is very close though and might be a star in the future if he keeps his head down.
Best of luck to him either way.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I doubt he gets a starting birth atm at a PL club. He is very close though and might be a star in the future if he keeps his head down.
Best of luck to him either way.
He could easily start at half a dozen clubs. Regular football, feeling important etc could bring him up another level. Not top 6 level but easily a Newcastle, Burnley, Leeds etc. I know he wasn't to Bielsas liking on loan but who knows with a run of games.

Vibra

Established Member
Him scoring those 2 league cup goals against Nowrich bought him years of goodwill here. Had he stubbed his toe in the shower that morning and missed the game he'd have been long gone by now

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
let him go, we don't play for a striker, we need a striker that plays for the team, not suited to our system, just a poacher.

Top Bottom