• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
he is literally doing nothing these days when he comes on. Mentally checked out I guess. Sad to see him like this.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Much, much better. (Absolutely fantastic, honestly). Now try to keep that level.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’d have more starts to his name if his other cameos were like that. Can’t fault him tonight.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Finally I'll enter this thread and give praise he deserve. He done very good was very hungry worked hard help us massively with 1st goal

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Considering how small our squad is now, he could have an important role to play. I can't believe we'll steer clear of injuries for the rest of the season.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

For once he had a very good appearance when it matters. Pressing very well too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He is only getting subbed on now, because Laca gets too gassed to play a full match...that's it :lol:

We REALLY need to try someone else upfront, when Laca is subbed...all Eddie does is run about a bit, fall over a bit and the match happens around him...Gabby, Pepe, hell even ESR false 9 would be better.

Don't know why Arteta thinks he's our next best CF option, tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
He getting subbed because we have no options and yeah give laca breather. He very bad he came on today can't hold ball for 5 seconds ffs i thought after wolves game we gonna see new Eddie but back to usual useless self

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We need to rest Laca and this guy comes on to foul. He's checked out and whilst I dint expect him to risk injury, he's useless. We might as well give Biereth the minutes for the good this guy does. Another Chelsea reject hindering us.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We need to rest Laca and this guy comes on to foul. He's checked out and whilst I dint expect him to risk injury, he's useless. We might as well give Biereth the minutes for the good this guy does. Another Chelsea reject hindering us.
Yeah or Hutchinson both are currently better even if younger.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Yeah, I've defended Nketiah in the past because he has goal instinct, which few players have nowadays, but he's making an absolute mockery out of himself nowadays. At this point I would definitely look at the U23's to replace him. Should've just sold him for a few quid last winter (I was in favour of selling him in summer, but one of the flaws of Arteta is that he's a total hoarder afraid to let anyone go).

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Should've just sold him for a few quid last winter (I was in favour of selling him in summer, but one of the flaws of Arteta is that he's a total hoarder afraid to let anyone go).
In the last window he definitely wasn't a hoarder, but got rid of even Chambers for peanuts. :lol:

Isn't it quite understandable that if he gets rid of Auba, he can't get rid of Nketiah to have enough depth in striker (or attacking) department?

He has got rid of huge amount of players in recent years, so I can't quite understand how this kind of stuff is said here. Covid also has to be considered when judging because it's harder to sell players.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah, I've defended Nketiah in the past because he has goal instinct, which few players have nowadays, but he's making an absolute mockery out of himself nowadays. At this point I would definitely look at the U23's to replace him. Should've just sold him for a few quid last winter (I was in favour of selling him in summer, but one of the flaws of Arteta is that he's a total hoarder afraid to let anyone go).
Think it's OK to take a risk sometimes, it's not gonna work out with every player and some develop later than expected. For example, ESR had a lot of issues with injuries but we didn't rush selling him for a few quid and it was the correct decision to keep him. What I'm saying, impossible to say who will make it but the club is doing amazing atm with the academy and the value of Saka and ESR is likely over 100M so we can allow few mistakes

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
In the last window he definitely wasn't a hoarder, but got rid of even Chambers for peanuts. :lol:

Isn't it quite understandable that if he gets rid of Auba, he can't get rid of Nketiah to have enough depth in striker (or attacking) department?

He has got rid of huge amount of players in recent years, so I can't quite understand how this kind of stuff is said here. Covid also has to be considered when judging because it's harder to sell players.
From the top of my head he was afraid to let Nketiah, Chambers, Maitland-Niles and Elneny go in the summer despite them playing small parts in the squad, but I might be mistaken. Could also have been our incompetent leadership department failing to sell these players.

I would've let Nketiah go if there was any fee in winter and just go with a striker from the U23's. When a player who barely plays a role in the squad is walking out of the club for free in a few months, I would try very hard not to give that guy minutes and would rather let another player develop in those minutes.

Could've also accepted he was going and tried all winter to get a replacement for Eddie, but don't know if they tried and failed or did not try.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

From the top of my head he was afraid to let Nketiah, Chambers, Maitland-Niles and Elneny go in the summer despite them playing small parts in the squad, but I might be mistaken. Could also have been our incompetent leadership department failing to sell these players.

I would've let Nketiah go if there was any fee in winter and just go with a striker from the U23's. When a player who barely plays a role in the squad is walking out of the club for free in a few months, I would try very hard not to give that guy minutes and would rather let another player develop in those minutes.

Could've also accepted he was going and tried all winter to get a replacement for Eddie, but don't know if they tried and failed or did not try.
I think they said they wanted to trim the squad, but it was pretty obvious how hard it was due to covid. Besides, Wenger said years ago that many players will leave for free in the future, which has happened and will happen even more.

Arsenal needs proper backup striker, and Balogun needed a loan. I could never understand a club at the level of Arsenal not having a proper backup striker, especially knowing how much Laca has been injured here.

It would be unforgivable business. Getting some stopgap **** striker would have meant problems later when getting proper strikers.

Top Bottom