• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah a few of the better posters on here have realised that he’s put in some serious work over the summer.

I wish he was breaking though now because he appears to be a very different player to the Eddie that most of us had written off. Would love to see him at Brighton tbh or a championship side pushing for promotion. The key for him is game time, could really push on.

Brighton would be a good call, Potter could bring him back in two years.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Hard to really see how he fits in, tbh.

Laca is going this summer and we should be buying a new starting striker next summer, to make Auba our back up (before he probably goes the next summer) maybe a loan next season, then he becomes our back-up striker after that?

I actually think Auba moves this summer along with Lacazette.

We'll go big on someone not at the same level (DCL?) and then it'll be "Arteta needs a WC goals scorer", when he had one and renewed him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think he has improved his overall play but I feel like it was a couple years too late. He’s gone from a good poacher to a well rounded pressing striker. I can see him thriving for a Southampton/Leeds. I think two striker systems will be coming back into fashion because of the influx of back three defences. Personally, I feel the best way to best a back three is to go for a false nine and force the CBs to trek you or stay back or a front two to press and harass them on the ball.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think he has improved his overall play but I feel like it was a couple years too late. He’s gone from a good poacher to a well rounded pressing striker. I can see him thriving for a Southampton/Leeds.
Would also be a good replacement for Laca if he keeps improving, would save us a lot of money if that happens.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think he has improved his overall play but I feel like it was a couple years too late. He’s gone from a good poacher to a well rounded pressing striker. I can see him thriving for a Southampton/Leeds. I think two striker systems will be coming back into fashion because of the influx of back three defences. Personally, I feel the best way to best a back three is to go for a false nine and force the CBs to trek you or stay back or a front two to press and harass them on the ball.

Yes, his pressing game and ability to bend his runs so as to block a potential passing lane at the same time has been good. Salah does that to perfection, and seems Eddie has been taking notes.

I also agree with your observation around the 2 man forwards, or more broadly the return of the 442, albeit a more compact one. The two man forward line allows more blocking off of the opposition build up and attempts to pass the ball vertically. Usually you would see a single forward look to press the CB in possession, and cut off the passing lane to the second CB at the same time.

The false nine idea is kinda what Lacazette and Firmino, more efficiently, are doing right now. I like it too because like you say, you are dragging CB's out of position and creating space to run into behind.

We definitely need a player that can continue this when Lacazette leaves. Either it would be someone at the club, or we go out and get someone.

Pyres7

He's the third/fourth choice CF in a team out of Europe, he really should have gone on loan if he wanted to play more.

If the reports are true that he let wages or agents fees get in the way of a Palace loan, that's on him tbh.

It's crazy that we kept all three of Eddie, Martinelli and Balogun.

Edit - Scratch that, I forgot he's on the last year of his contract. He'd be dumb to sign a renewal unless we put him on ridiculous wages.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I felt that Nketiah wasnt going to be able to step up to 1st team as he has done throughout the youth levels, for club & country. I always felt his physique would hold him back at the top. Last night though he looked to be bigger, more physical. Not sure if its me or he has put in some good gym work in the past year? 🤔

He took his goal really well, not the finish :) but the way he took it over the keeper and controlled it. Very calm, very confident. Thank God the shot went in. I'd like to see him get some sub mins, its the only way we can really tell if he's progressing or not. We need to see him vs good teams. His problem is that Auba has improved and Laca has continued to look good following last season, when for me he played his best football for Arsenal since joining.

Anyway, I'll root for Nketiah until he's no longer an Arsenal player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Eddie is better off leaving, possibly in January ASAP. He's not gonna be a guy that Arteta relies upon in the long term and he's too good IMO to not play any football. The little he's had has been impressive, but he'a always had this in him. He just needed a bit more time, patience and gameplay in a better attacking unit than the one he often had.

I'm sure Arteta does want to keep him but how can he guarantee him any actual playing time? He just wants to be able to have him there but it doesn't work like that. Or maybe strengthening whatever leverage we have left for a January sale, who knows. Either way, Eddie needs to do what's best. I'd be surprised if he thinks fighting it out at Arsenal when it's clear he's one of too many options is the smart decision.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Don't begrudge Eddie asking for reassurances around playing time, it's sensible. He's at quite a pivotal stage of his career development.

From our perspective I don't think we can be doing that though. At best he's our 3rd choice striker this season and we've already committed to Balogun for the long term with his new contract.

I really like Eddie but I think it's best for his development that he moves on.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I’ll think you’ll find that’s not the case. How long did it take ESR to sign his contract? What were the villa bids about? All footballers want assurances bro.
They were about his agent trying to get him more wage, than Arsenal was going to give without any competition.

Because Arsenal knows ESR is an Arsenal man, which is why I said the Villa bids were ridiculous and laughed at them. He has even said he wants to finish his career here.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Yes we should look at a top striker next summer as Laca replacement. Probably Eddie can sign a new deal and go on loan? He can come back the year after next when auba contract is over and he might not be here. Not sure we can afford another big money extension for auba. Meanwhile for next season Balogun can take up 3rd choice striker role which Eddie is having now?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Leaving next season feels the easiest option for him though. Do we get anything even if he goes for free coz we trained him?

Latest posts

Top Bottom