• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
However you feel about Nketiah, at least the club is trying to protect his value. We're selling if a decent offer comes in.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I like Eddie but I don't really see how it works if he stays. Laca goes most probably next year, but then surely we sign another striker. Eddie needs game time now and it would be a gamble putting him on a huge salary. Think the club missed the opportunity to get a fee from him, best for all parties if he leaves now

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I like Eddie but I don't really see how it works if he stays. Laca goes most probably next year, but then surely we sign another striker. Eddie needs game time now and it would be a gamble putting him on a huge salary. Think the club missed the opportunity to get a fee from him, best for all parties if he leaves now
Auba is at the end of the road as well, we need to buy our lead striker with all the money we have and use Eddie in place of Laca. Investing in two new strikers will result in both of them being below the required level.

It's gonna be more interesting to see what happens with Balogun and Martinelli

Barry

Auba is at the end of the road as well, we need to buy our lead striker with all the money we have and use Eddie in place of Laca. Investing in two new strikers will result in both of them being below the required level.

It's gonna be more interesting to see what happens with Balogun and Martinelli
It's wasteful having them all around this season. Basically none of them have played at all. At least Nelson is out on loan finally. I'd like to see Balogun and Martinelli go on loan in January. You probably keep Eddie around as insurance against injuries. Auba has another year, so like it or not it's unlikely that we write off £7m in wages.

Tomb Bombadil

If Laca leaves (and that looks likely), it actually makes sense for him to stay. Of course, that's what the title is about, he needs assurances that would actually happen
He will not be a starter for us and that is what he should aiming for.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Unreal new title to the thread, hats off to whoever changed it. If Eddie can develop the Marlo Stanfield killer mentality then there are a few Balon D'ors coming his way.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Unreal new title to the thread, hats off to whoever changed it. If Eddie can develop the Marlo Stanfield killer mentality then there are a few Balon D'ors coming his way.

Once Eddie leaves in the summer, he’ll be saying to those who criticised him “my name is my name”.

🤩

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wonder if Eddie has seen The Wire?

If he hasn't, he will really be letting AM down, to be honest.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It was also done to make sure the club met his demands. The agent was just calling the clubs bluff with the Villa interest.
Arteta doesn't promise anyone starting spots. That's clear. It was about wages.

luigicalzone

No idea why they're even offering him one, while constantly being linked with strikers.
Maybe to do with the tribunal thing? Quote from an Athletic article earlier this year.

There are several factors considered in deciding the ultimate fee: the costs of developing the player, the status of the two clubs (transferor and transferee) and the player’s age. They consider whether the club he is leaving paid any fee to register him, and the length of time he spent with that club.

They also look at the personal terms offered to the player by each club. That means that, although Nketiah refused Arsenal’s attempt to renew his contract, the terms they were prepared to pay him last summer will be considered when calculating a fee. The number of first-team appearances and international call-ups is also taken into account.

Barry

Maybe to do with the tribunal thing? Quote from an Athletic article earlier this year.
Does anyone know what the likely tribunal fees will be. Seems like a bit of a dark art... Is it millions or £100k's for example?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Does anyone know what the likely tribunal fees will be. Seems like a bit of a dark art... Is it millions or £100k's for example?
Liverpool had to pay £8m to Burnley for Ings when they signed him, which was a record at the time. Nketiah's will probably closer to what they paid Chelsea for Dom Solanke, which was £3m.

Barry

Liverpool had to pay £8m to Burnley for Ings when they signed him, which was a record at the time. Nketiah's will probably closer to what they paid Chelsea for Dom Solanke, which was £3m.
That's a whole lot better than losing a player for free

Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom