• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The šŸ“ž From England

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
The way Arteta probably sees it.

LW: Jesus, Martinelli, ESR
RW: Saka, Pepe/or new winger
ST: Nketiah, Jesus, Balogun

I hope youā€™re right though we really need more quality fire power.
I don't think Bolagun is staying he probably going on loan again. when we started this season we had 7 forward players before selling auba i believe this is the number we'll be looking to have

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

Even the small ones like us extending guys like Rosicky and Arteta for another year just for them to live in the treatment room.

The amount of times weā€™ve turned down cash offers for players as well only for their value to them tank is just ridiculous.
Weā€™ve sorta fixed that with Eddie though right?

Most here are mad cause he didnā€™t f*ck off for free.

Mudi

So probably we tie him up for huge wages, then he will not perform as usual (as players have their purple patch before new contracts). We will struggle with the new striker being injured and Eddie not performing. We will splash again next season for a new striker and pay 90% of the wages of Eddie for him leaving to a championship team.

I mean come on. Eddie is just lightweighted to be part of the starting eleven of a top 6 epl team. And as a sub, he is just not impactful. Not good enough in air, not strong enough to hold the ball and needs the space to be useful. If you are behind and teams park the bus, you rather have a Giroud type of forward from the bench than a Lacazette. And Eddie is just the same type of striker as Laca, only faster.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ā­
The way Arteta probably sees it.

LW: Jesus, Martinelli, ESR
RW: Saka, Pepe/or new winger
ST: Nketiah, Jesus, Balogun

I hope youā€™re right though we really need more quality fire power.

Think itā€™s more like this. Pretty sure that if Pepe goes theyā€™ll buy someone to compete for that LW spot. ESR will most likely be Ƙdegaard cover going forward, especially in Europe and the domestic cups.

LW: New winger, Martinelli, ESR
RW: Saka, Jesus
ST: Jesus, Nketiah

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I think, overall, it's good news if he is staying - or rather I should say good news if he is signing a new 5 yr contract.
Even if he doesn't make it with us, we now have an asset again if he signs - one that can be sold instead of leaving for some arbitration fee.

Scores 20 across all competitions next year - which I think is possible with Europa, league and both domestic cups, and he's going to be worth Ā£30m

Works both ways though. If we hand him as expected a fat new contract and he doesnā€™t amount to much weā€™ll be stuck with another deadwood on high wages we canā€™t shift and will have to loan around.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Works both ways though. If we hand him as expected a fat new contract and he doesnā€™t amount to much weā€™ll be stuck with another deadwood on high wages we canā€™t shift and will have to loan around.

Standards of strikers are extremely low ATM, and strikers have always been the best paid players in teams.......... mid table PL clubs are going to struggle to find a striker at Nketiah's level who will accept a lower wage.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Since Gallas got number 10, we have given our main numbers away a little weirdly.

We gave Saka number 7...after one season at leftback, were he scored 1 league goal.
We gave ESR number 10...after only half a season of form, not even a full year.

May as well give Eddie number 14, harsh to say no, after the other young players got their way...even Walcott (who was a far better player than people give him credit for) got the number 14 a bit too quick for me, so it is what it is.

Fits "Project Youth" quite well, for a Hale End boys to have some important numbers too, to be fair.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Standards of strikers are extremely low ATM, and strikers have always been the best paid players in teams.......... mid table PL clubs are going to struggle to find a striker at Nketiah's level who will accept a lower wage.

You seem to forget weā€™re Arsenal football club. No one seems to want to give us a penny for our players as it is.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

Even the small ones like us extending guys like Rosicky and Arteta for another year just for them to live in the treatment room.

The amount of times weā€™ve turned down cash offers for players as well only for their value to them tank is just ridiculous.

Exactly. I wouldnā€™t have even been that fussed with Eddie extending tbf but it feels like weā€™ve been through this before, that will naturally play a part when Iā€™m judging this deal.

You can also add Calum Chambers to that when we got offered 20m and rejected it from Leicester then end up giving him an extension and not using him. Should have probably cashed in Bellerin before he completely fell off too.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ā­

Player:Saliba
I'm happy with this. Don't think it's too late for him to be an Arsenal quality striker. Form at end of season was good and it wasn't even a purple patch. Just scored the goals he's always scored at youth level but now at higher level

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ā­
This will be hated as football fans generally prefer new toys. Heā€™s likely got a huge signing on fee for this, hence the 5 years.

If weā€™d used that on some second rate striker from a weaker league fans would be ecstatic at another prospect. Was the same last year with Balogunā€™s emergence.

Itā€™s might not be exciting but he has proven capable.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

These guys they all seem like hardworking decent fellas and for where Arsenal currently operate they are appropriate cover?

My beef is as long as these kind of players stay at the club though, Arteta gets away with it. There will come a time when two/three of these man have to play and when that happens, it's like we have no right to win any football matches.

Coming up to 3 years I've been watching this pattern. Very frustrating.

Agreed, that definitely had a factor to play when they were offered new deals. Iā€™m certain that Arteta knows that Elneny wonā€™t kick up a real fuss if heā€™s not playing, I think he even said that he understands if he wonā€™t be starting ahead of Xhaka and Partey. Ngl the Eddie one surprised me a little as I thought he had this planned out but it seems like heā€™s happy with a bit part role as Arteta wonā€™t stick to those assurances heā€™s given him - no way is that happening.

Will be interesting to see what Saliba does as I donā€™t see that one being as straightforward as the two above.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

Will be interesting to see what Saliba does as I donā€™t see that one being as straightforward as the two above.
People really think were having Saliba as cover when were signing Eddie and Elneny to long term deals :lol:

I'm sure Elneny would have got an iconic shirt number if we hadn't ran out handing them out to jobbers.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'm sure Elneny would have got an iconic shirt number if we hadn't ran out handing them out to jobbers.

Wasn't he number 4, for a bit?

Before we took it from him and gave it to Saliba...worked out perfectly!

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Agreed, that definitely had a factor to play when they were offered new deals. Iā€™m certain that Arteta knows that Elneny wonā€™t kick up a real fuss if heā€™s not playing, I think he even said that he understands if he wonā€™t be starting ahead of Xhaka and Partey. Ngl the Eddie one surprised me a little as I thought he had this planned out but it seems like heā€™s happy with a bit part role as Arteta wonā€™t stick to those assurances heā€™s given him - no way is that happening.

Saliba worries me. I'm pretty certain we'll lose him for less than we signed him for. Arteta will start the season with White/Gabi, and fair enough too. Saliba will get Europa, potentially miss out on the WC?

After the upcoming season, he's free to talk to any club he wants. He has no reason to sign, not until he's a starter and Arsenal are back in the CL. Not enough time left on his contract for that imo.

Top Bottom