• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Basically. I'd prefer he gets a PL or Bundesliga loan personally, and I definitely think he's good enough to start - he just annoyingly hasn't been trusted, which has pissed me off. Solanke got a bunch of minutes for Bournemouth last season when Callum Wilson got hurt and never scored. If Eddie had those minutes for Bournemouth, he'd have got at least 5-10 goals.

The problem is he could do amazingly well in the Championship (which I think is likely) and still not get the shot I believe he deserves when he comes back because "it's the Championship". That's what I'm worried about. Championship should suffice in terms of game time though, and honestly it's much better than nothing so I'm all for it. I just want him to play.

5-10 goals. :lol: Solanke had 347 minutes. If Eddie gets 5-10 goals in those minutes, he'd break all PL records.

Lacazette manages 13 goals a season for us.

As usual your bias for our youngsters shines through.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm only calling how it usually goes with our loanees! Depressing stuff.
Hopefully Ben Knapper being involved changes that. We need to find the right club, somewhere we know he's going to play often. By all accounts, Bristol City & Charlton are the main teams I can see from the Championship - which IMO should be good enough for us and for Eddie. Championship we might balk at, but objectively it's a hugely competitive league, albeit at a lower level.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
5-10 goals. :lol: Solake had 347 minutes. If Eddie gets 5-10 goals in those minutes, he'd break all PL records.

Lacazette manages 13 goals a season for us.

As usual your bias for our youngsters shines through.
Thought he had more minutes tbf. Either way, Nketiah would have done better with those minutes IMO. He's much better than people realize.

You're ****ing right I'm biased.

Aevi

Hale End FC
What PL club would take a risk on a striker with next to no top flight experience? Especially on loan, where they reap no long-term benefits?

Regardless of how we rate him it, that's not going to happen. It's going to be the Championship.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
What PL club would take a risk on a striker with next to no top flight experience? Especially on loan, where they reap no long-term benefits?

Regardless of how we rate him it, that's not going to happen. It's going to be the Championship.
Newcastle. Mike Ashley likes a cheap deal. lol

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think if championship clubs offer him starting role it will only help his development in Germany or PL there so much pressure if he not preform in few straight games he'll be benched

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I'd have liked the Bundesliga actually. It's a top flight league, the football more suited for a striker who isn't 6 foot plus etc. I don't think the Championship is particularly bad personally, but I have PTSD from sending our youngsters there on some really terrible loans that clearly weren't vetted. Akpom to Forest, Mavididi to Preston spring to mind. Bielik to Birmingham was actually one of the better recent ones, he did pretty well in a 3 man defence there.

Really need to get this one right. I think Championship will do, regardless of preference.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'd have liked the Bundesliga actually. It's a top flight league, the football more suited for a striker who isn't 6 foot plus etc. I don't think the Championship is particularly bad personally, but I have PTSD from sending our youngsters there on some really terrible loans that clearly weren't vetted. Akpom to Forest, Mavididi to Preston spring to mind. Bielik to Birmingham was actually one of the better recent ones, he did pretty well in a 3 man defence there.

Really need to get this one right. I think Championship will do, regardless of preference.
Bundesliga would be nice, just a question of what interest there is and what sort of minutes he might get. Nelson's loan wasn't bad imo but I'd hope for more gametime.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bundesliga would be nice, just a question of what interest there is and what sort of minutes he might get. Nelson's loan wasn't bad imo but I'd hope for more gametime.
Me too. It's a question of need IMO. Augsburg was mentioned and they don't score a lot of goals, so someone with Nketiah's goalscoring potential would be a decent fit on paper, but I didn't see a great deal of them last season.

I think Bristol City or Charlton would be good choices. Nketiah adds the kind of final 3rd presence that both teams need - the ability to scrape a goal, sometimes out of nothing. His all-round game and strength relative to his size should stand him in good stead IMO. BCFC have done well with younger players recently aswell, Abraham included. I'd support the move definitely. It would be refreshing to finally see him get regular competitive football.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Me too. It's a question of need IMO. Augsburg was mentioned and they don't score a lot of goals, so someone with Nketiah's goalscoring potential would be a decent fit on paper, but I didn't see a great deal of them last season.

I think Bristol City or Charlton would be good choices. Nketiah adds the kind of final 3rd presence that both teams need - the ability to scrape a goal, sometimes out of nothing. His all-round game and strength relative to his size should stand him in good stead IMO. BCFC have done well with younger players recently aswell, Abraham included. I'd support the move definitely. It would be refreshing to finally see him get regular competitive football.
You accused us of having too much time. You know too much about football.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If he speaks German or maybe after seeing ERM / Nelson play abroad been learning the basics for the last 6 months... great. If not Championship will do.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The thing is if Nelson went to a lower club in the Bundesliga he would have got a lot of minutes. Hoffeinheim were a CL level side last season, so the competition and need for experience was greater there.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

GK/CD/DM —> championship
Learn the defensive techniques and physical side of the game.

Other position —> la liga or bundesliga
Develop tactical knowledge, positioning, teamwork and individual skills which you can’t experience in the championship

Last edited:

pikey2000

Bristol boy here and we are really positive about the team's chances of promotion this season, most fans agree we need an out and out striker to finish the squad off, Nketieh makes a lot of sense for us and Johnson has form for developing strikers, Tammy ripped it up for us and played almost every game, so if your good enough you'll get game time and the championship is a tough tough league so he would defo get to see the competitive edge that you just don't get at u21, u23 level.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The Bundesliga would be the perfect stage for him imo. Actually, Augsburg would have been absolutely perfect.

Very unfortunate that he got his loan blocked - people would probably already we excited for him to start this season then.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm not a huge fan of loans when we already have a very limited first team squad. Auba and Laca will need some backup which is not enough minutes for Eddie, but the boy can play as a right forward so some minutes can be shared there with Nelson.
We need to cut playing time for Mkhi and Iwobi on the right wing because both of them were horrible there, and investing time in Nelson and Nketiah would be a better setup for season 20/21 when we'll actually be able to compete again.
The club needs to understand that this season should only be a preparation for things to come after it, chasing results that we can't achieve will be a complete waste of time and money. That means less of Mkhi and more of Nelson/Nketiah

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

PL is saturated with donkey forwards for years. I'm not saying anyone would take him, but I've seen worse players than Nketiah playing every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom