• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Is Nketiah even that good?
Nobody knows, that's why you need to give him a chance to see it. In a few appearances he got with us, he scored a couple of goals, missed some good chances and played well overall, so there is something in him.
It's just unfortunate that we've hired a manager who is better suited for a different working environment than what we have here.
It's also true that there was a lot of undeserved hype about our academy players in the past, that's why many people don't believe this group will be any better.
I disagree with that, I'm following academy football for more than 15 years and this is easily the best group we've had over that time.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Why even bother? These guys rather watch Elneny and Lucas Perez or Denise Suarez than give youth a chance.
I am more than happy to give nelson, saka, esr, john jules, smith, cottrell chance to play.
I love see our youth players playing.
It’s just you can’t throw youth on the pitch if they are not good enough or not ready.
I was a big fan of a young ramsey, young wilshere, gnabry, vela and a lot of our youth players. So I don’t understand why you are questioning.
Just not sure if willock and nketiah deserves it.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Arsenal have lost the touch of loaning and developing youth products.

You worry for guys like Eddie, ESR.

Especially with Emery.

You are really on the Emery hate train - I agree with you that we've been absolutely shocking as of late with integrating and loaning talents, but especially last season, this changed a lot for the better imo.

But this just isn't gonna be fixed in one season. The loans for ESR and Reiss have been perfect - could not have imagined much better places to go to. How it pans out then and also how injuries take a part in it, is totally out of hands of Emery or anyone else. Just unlucky.

Only thing bad you could really say about Emery in terms of loans is blocking Nketia's move to Augsburg. Also, obviously should've played the kids over Elneny and the likes..

Anyhow, I see a positive development, but it's too soon to judge, neither in a positive nor in a negative way.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You are really on the Emery hate train - I agree with you that we've been absolutely shocking as of late with integrating and loaning talents, but especially last season, this changed a lot for the better imo.

But this just isn't gonna be fixed in one season. The loans for ESR and Reiss have been perfect - could not have imagined much better places to go to. How it pans out then and also how injuries take a part in it, is totally out of hands of Emery or anyone else. Just unlucky.

Only thing bad you could really say about Emery in terms of loans is blocking Nketia's move to Augsburg. Also, obviously should've played the kids over Elneny and the likes..

Anyhow, I see a positive development, but it's too soon to judge, neither in a positive nor in a negative way.
Exactly, AMN, guendouzi are young players too. They get a lot of game time, so we did give youth opportunities if they are ready.
People forget there’s a big gap between U23 and PL level football. You need good loans or patience to develop a player.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Exactly, AMN, guendouzi are young players too. They get a lot of game time, so we did give youth opportunities if they are ready.
People forget there’s a big gap between U23 and PL level football. You need good loans or patience to develop a player.
To come in as a regular you need to be an elite talent and a bit of luck. Bellerin is a perfect example.

db10fan

While Auba + Laca is here, its better to sent Nketiah on loan, playing regularly will be better for him than being back up at Arsenal. Leagues a level or 2 below EPL is a good test, such as Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Eredivisie, Liga NOS, Jupiler League. We can loan a senior CF as 3rd choice, and use John Jules in the cups, I think he can be even better suited as our future CF than Nketiah.

say yes

forum master baiter
Championship is the perfect staging ground for the PL. Would much rather we sent him there then the Bundeadliga.

A loan to the prem would be an awful move, he’ll get **** all minutes.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Championship is the perfect staging ground for the PL. Would much rather we sent him there then the Bundeadliga.

But in championship you can’t develop tactical knowledge, positioning, teamwork and individual skills as you can do it in la liga or bundesliga.

In championship you don’t train with a football, you go to the gym.
When you play as a striker, it’s all about receiving long passes and avoid being physically dominated by the defenders. Dribbling are too flashy so you can just keep things simple.

There are no tactician in the championship to explain tactics in hours and hours of videos, to feed you the detail of when, where, and how you should position or move on the pitch.

db10fan

My worry with Championship loan is he goes to a club that plays hoofball, where he is not suited for it and we hardly play hoofball so less relatable experience when he comes back.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
But in championship you can’t develop tactical knowledge, positioning, teamwork and individual skills as you can do it in la liga or bundesliga.
In championship you don’t train with a football, you go to the gym. When you play as a striker, it’s all about receiving long passes and avoid being physically dominated by the defenders. Dribbling are too flashy so you can just keep things simple. There are no tactician in the championship to explain tactics in hours and hours of videos, to feed you the detail of when, where, and how you should position or move on the pitch.

Where are from dude? Your bias against English football is staggeringly high.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

When you play as a striker, it’s all about receiving long passes and avoid being physically dominated by the defenders. Dribbling are too flashy so you can just keep things simple.

There are no tactician in the championship to explain tactics in hours and hours of videos, to feed you the detail of when, where, and how you should position or move on the pitch.
The Championship isn't a monolith. Swansea, Norwich, Leeds, Brentford. At least 4 teams off the top of my head that played football on the deck last season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Nketiah simply needs to be playing and hitting the back of the net. Regular game time is more important than the standard in my opinion. 25 - 30 league starts at a decent championship team is surely more valuable than 5 - 10 starts in an elite league.

If he goes out on loan, I think that indicates that we will bring somebody in. The Soares link would make sense as he can play as a false 9.

One Song

Mate last season we got completely outplayed by a team who just came up from the championship, with most of the same players. Clearly you haven't watched much of it.

Tammy Abraham should be an example of how to use the loan system with a young forward.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We send him to Championship, he scores 20 goals from 30 games and next season I will be listening again that he doesn't have top flight experience and we should give him 5 starts. That's what most of the fans are saying about Bielik. Some consistency would be a nice change on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom