• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUBLE-YOU

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27042009/1/wenger-praises-hazard-progress.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27042009/ ... gress.html</a>

wenger is a fan, does anyone know much about him?

Hazard is a fantastic young player," the Arsenal boss told Telefoot.
"He has impressed me so far, and I am not the only one he has impressed.
However, I think he should be left to continue his development where he is at the moment."

I find it a strange quote considering Wenger didn't waste much time taking Cesc, Theo, Vela, Song, Ramsey etc at a yonug age. Maybe he doesn't rate him as highly or he is rethinking his youth dependency policy.

belgianfan

DOUBLE-YOU said:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27042009/1/wenger-praises-hazard-progress.html

wenger is a fan, does anyone know much about him?

Hazard is a fantastic young player," the Arsenal boss told Telefoot.
"He has impressed me so far, and I am not the only one he has impressed.
However, I think he should be left to continue his development where he is at the moment."

I find it a strange quote considering Wenger didn't waste much time taking Cesc, Theo, Vela, Song, Ramsey etc at a yonug age. Maybe he doesn't rate him as highly or he is rethinking his youth dependency policy.

Difference is Hazard will never be as cheap as al of those players. He will cost 10 million and more. He has been tracked by every top club from the age 13 but he never wanted to go because he's actually very grounded.

Cesc was an awesome player at the age of 16 very special, and hazard is like him at that age. He was the better player at te u-16 ec a couple of years back, before bojan and even the spain manager admitted he was really special.

Inter,man utd,chelsea, barca and arsenal all want him and he will be expensive. Ramsey,vela or song and even theo didn't have that much admirers like hazard. Theo got hype, but seriously this guy is very special. I like the fact wenger says he needs a year more at lille, and even hazard knows this and that's why he won't leave.

Incredible technique and very fast. He's very explosive and has great vision. But maybe above all, he's levelheaded and has the balls to do everything. No fear whatsoever. Watch youtube and see what he does and this is against very good teams.

He singlehandedly destroyed lyon for the league cup and this was against grosso. He didn't have that much hype because of the great guidance at lille and his parents and maybe because he's belgian. But talentwise he's up there with the very best.

DOUBLE-YOU

yeah i saw a youtube clip. very impressive, although i saw similar nasri clips and i haven't seen the same skill level translate to the premiership....YET

bigtimetopbanana

I remember reading about him in the World U-17s when Fran and Bojan were ripping it up for Spain, Hazard was the other stand-out player of the tournament everyone was talking up.

SPF103

He's a great player but not what we need at the moment. 10m can be better spent elsewhere in the squad.

DaGunners

Established Member
Best U20 player on the planet. Basically CR7 but more of a team player/creator, less off the ball and in terms of scoring. Whoever gets this player is getting a guaranteed world class football IMO. Buy him and our wings are set for 10 years.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I love him, mainly because he's the only exciting player we have playing in la Ligue 1.

He's not afraid to run at players, and is very good technically and physically. Plus, he's mature enough to keep looking around him to see if there's a passing option available.

DaGunners

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
I love him, mainly because he's the only exciting player we have playing in la Ligue 1.
Wow, that's a bit unfair mate. Benzema, Sessegnon, Gourcuff, and Mirallas are quite exciting at times.

stiiphunn

Established Member
DaGunners said:
stiiphunn said:
Wow, that's a bit unfair mate. Benzema, Sessegnon, Gourcuff, and Mirallas are quite exciting at times.
I slightly exagerated :). But still, bar a few ones, we don't have many exciting players. In your list, I'd pick Benzema, Sessegnon and Gourcuff. Not a big fan of Mirallas. You could add Ben Arfa, Kone and even Pino (from Monaco), but they're all quite inconsistent.

@Ricky : Sorry for the delay mate, I hadn't seen your post.

I rate Gourcuff. I think he's got about everything he needs to perform in a top club. As Laurent Blanc said "soon Bordeaux will be too small for him".

Obviously he's very good technically, but lately he's added goals to his game. Atm I fail to see any weaknesses in his game. He assists, he scores and he keeps his team ticking.

ricky1985

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
@Ricky : Sorry for the delay mate, I hadn't seen your post.

I rate Gourcuff. I think he's got about everything he needs to perform in a top club. As Laurent Blanc said "soon Bordeaux will be too small for him".

Obviously he's very good technically, but lately he's added goals to his game. Atm I fail to see any weaknesses in his game. He assists, he scores and he keeps his team ticking.

Interesting, I just wonder whether Wenger is going to take a look at him this summer. He's going to be relatively cheap and is definitely a player Arsène would have great respect for. I've only really seen his goals this season, I haven't watched him in any full length games, but some of them have been stupendously good. I just can't see him staying at Bordeaux, and he has himself suggested he wont return to Milan.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I'm not so sure Gourcuff will be cheap. Either Bordeaux will buy him for £12 million as they've got the right to do or he'll return to Milan where he'll then cost twice as much. I'm not too sure what to make of him at Arsenal either, or where to play him.

Hazard I'd love to have for the right price though. We don't need any more attacking midfielders right now and there are more pressing matters in the squad, but if we can afford it and the opportunity arises we should definitely go for him. Just how good was that goal he scored against Lyon a while ago?

DaGunners

Established Member
For the record, Hazard is already a superior wide player to Nasri and Walcott. The kid is more talented than even Wilshere. Just watched a short little montage on him in French awhile back and Wenger was on it. Anyone know French on here? Hazard's father's name is Thierry!!!

Stiiphunn, you seem to know about your Ligue 1, so what do you think about Yohann Mollo?

DaGunners

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Interesting, I just wonder whether Wenger is going to take a look at him this summer.
Can't see why Wenger would look at him tbh. He won't get into our CM ahead of Cesc, we wouldn't get into out #10 position if we play 4231, and he is far too slow to play wide.

I think he will stay at Bordeaux for another season personally. I can't see any of the big teams in the world needing him.

bertlb2

OMG!!! I saw Jack today against Liverpool, but this guy is something let me tell you.

That clip is against a strong Lyon side in the Coupe de France.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlSnWeE4dZ0&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlSnWeE4 ... re=related</a>

stiiphunn

Established Member
DaGunners said:
For the record, Hazard is already a superior wide player to Nasri and Walcott. The kid is more talented than even Wilshere. Just watched a short little montage on him in French awhile back and Wenger was on it. Anyone know French on here? Hazard's father's name is Thierry!!!

Stiiphunn, you seem to know about your Ligue 1, so what do you think about Yohann Mollo?
To be honest I have seen very few of him -Monaco aren't on TV much these days-, so I'm not sure I can make any interesting comments. He seems quite good technically, and he isn't afraid to run at players. Scored a good goal - don't remember who Monaco were playing against though -, even though he should have passed the ball on that occasion.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Remember watching him in an U17 game between Belgium and Spain a few years back, I tuned in to see Merida but Hazard stole the show. He was excellent and used his slight physique excellently to maintain a low center of gravity and just drift past players. Even then amongst fellow 17 year old's he seemed small.

Anyway, been trying to watch as much of him as possible since then and have been considerably successful. I'll admit to being disappointed on a few occasions but he has raw natural talent. He really is talent and one that is superior to Pranjic who we missed out on last year. Hopefully Wenger goes for him. Real talent.

DaGunners

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
To be honest I have seen very few of him -Monaco aren't on TV much these days-, so I'm not sure I can make any interesting comments. He seems quite good technically, and he isn't afraid to run at players. Scored a good goal - don't remember who Monaco were playing against though -, even though he should have passed the ball on that occasion.
Monaco will be on TV today, they play Bordeaux. Will be a good chance to get a look at him.

DaGunners

Established Member
Hazard Happy To Stay At Lille
Lille forward Eden Hazard says he has no plans to leave the Ligue 1 club this summer, but dreams of one day playing for either Arsenal or Real Madrid.

The highly-rated 18-year-old shone in his debut season in the French top-flight, making 31 league appearances - scoring four goals - and earning full international honours with Belgium.

And the attacking midfielder's form has led to speculation linking him with a string of European big-hitters including Barcelona, Inter Milan, Chelsea and Arsenal, with Gunners' boss Arsène Wenger thought to be keen on one day adding the starlet to his armoury of talent.

But despite the high-profile interest, Hazard insists he is focused on playing regular first-team football and developing his game with Lille.

“This was my first season as a pro, I’ve scored and have been playing more than I’d expected. I hope it continues,” he told De Standaard.

“Next year, I have to play in every game. That is my aim, to become an undisputed first-team player at Lille.”

However, Hazard added that should he fulfil his potential and develop into a midfield force in the future, his dream move would be to either the Santiago Bernabeu or Emirates Stadium.

“Real Madrid and Arsenal are the clubs I dreamed of joining as a child,” he said.

“If I joined Inter or Barcelona and could play football there then that would be very good, but Real and Arsenal are really great and play at a very high technical level.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom