• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's crazy, he got that dream move to Madrid and just gave up. Didn't he turn up to his first pre-season with them overweight with a beer gut? :lol:

He did it regularly for Chelsea apparently.

Live good in the summer then work himself back into shape through pre-season.

Issue is it’s a lot harder to shift the weight when you’re pushing 30.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Lazy "journalism". This isn't happening.
Good thing too, can't have someone as low IQ as this at the club:
Untitled.jpg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don't want to be overly harsh on him as he was a magnificent footballer.

But the guy didn't look after himself properly in the off seasons. Tells you a lot about his attitude to the game and how seriously he took it . If he just viewed football as a job etc then fair enough but the guy isn't far off Rooney levels in terms of drop off.

Shame because talent wise he was probably the nearest of that sort of generation to Messi / Ronaldo level for me. He just didn't want it as much.
Did this happen at Chelsea though or did it start happening after he went to Spain?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Did this happen at Chelsea though or did it start happening after he went to Spain?

His last match for Chelsea he absolutely ripped us apart in Baku. I think he was thriving under Sarri too IIRC. It seemed just like a dramatic decline once he joined Madrid. I think he ended up being a poor fit stylistically for what the team required especially when he took Ronaldo's LW position he was a completely different profile. But things just compounded for him after that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

I read something a year or so ago, can't remember where but essentially it said he's always had these issues. He treats football as a clock in clock out. Leave your work at work sort of guy. Isn't a partier or anything but really loves his family life.

He viewed the staff and stuff at Chelsea as a bit like extended family. They knew they needed to keep a close eye on him and mother him a bit and he got on well that way.

At Madrid he doesn't have a great support structure within the club and is expected to look after himself more and it hasn't worked out great.

That was the gist of it anyway.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I read something a year or so ago, can't remember where but essentially it said he's always had these issues. He treats football as a clock in clock out. Leave your work at work sort of guy. Isn't a partier or anything but really loves his family life.

He viewed the staff and stuff at Chelsea as a bit like extended family. They knew they needed to keep a close eye on him and mother him a bit and he got on well that way.

At Madrid he doesn't have a great support structure within the club and is expected to look after himself more and it hasn't worked out great.

That was the gist of it anyway.
Imagine being legit one of the best in the world at something, we’re talking the top 0.00000001% or something nuts and you don’t even really like it that much.

Some people are so lucky 🥲

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It’s funny that him and Gareth Bale share the same lack of passion for football but are as good as anyone on their day, they’re both probably looking at each other on the bench and thinking how long they can ride it out at Madrid.

:lol:

I guess the main difference is Bale won 4 CL trophies whilst Eden Hazard has 0.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Don't want to be overly harsh on him as he was a magnificent footballer.

But the guy didn't look after himself properly in the off seasons. Tells you a lot about his attitude to the game and how seriously he took it . If he just viewed football as a job etc then fair enough but the guy isn't far off Rooney levels in terms of drop off.

Shame because talent wise he was probably the nearest of that sort of generation to Messi / Ronaldo level for me. He just didn't want it as much.
It’s the Rooney story. Who knows where he’d have been with Ronaldo discipline.

LasseD

Can’t say I’m really excited about Hazard at this point, but a loan with an option is the only deal that doesn’t make me want to sack someone. A straight up purchase would infuriate me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom