• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu Gaspar

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Only person at the club with one of these from his Arsenal time...

65638d70-0771-4c38-8e50-732734a5a296.jpg

...need winners like him!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Don’t know why @grange is bottling the question.

Why sack someone so pivotal to the rise of the club in recent times.

Some questions are warranted like selling players, but he's not been helped in that regard. For example even the likes of Eddie and Nelson will have had their value thanked recently due to not being played. A year ago you'd have got a decent fee for Eddie.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Some questions are warranted like selling players, but he's not been helped in that regard. For example even the likes of Eddie and Nelson will have had their value thanked recently due to not being played. A year ago you'd have got a decent fee for Eddie.
Edu is the decision maker surely? He offered Nelson 100k to stay. His job is to make the tough decisions and say no to Arteta. Nelson was barely playing when his contract expired. Another weird thing last summer he extended Ramsdale with a wage increase while looking for new keeper. The guy is really not good at his job. He has huge amount of money to play around with.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Listen. I’ve hated on Edu plenty (look at my tag fs) but anyone who actually wants him gone is a bit crazy. It’s clear that him and Mikel have got a good thing going and there is no reason to fk with that formula.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Listen. I’ve hated on Edu plenty (look at my tag fs) but anyone who actually wants him gone is a bit crazy. It’s clear that him and Mikel have got a good thing going and there is no reason to fk with that formula.
Good thing going for Mikel because he is the boss and Edu does everything he tells him.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Good thing going for Mikel because he is the boss and Edu does everything he tells him.

I used to think this but it’s not that true. Enough stories have come out now about times Edu has insisted on things (eg Ødegaard) that it’s hard to tell where one starts and the other ends.

I just see them as a joint package now.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think they're very similar in the sense that they both have been on a path of getting rid of their glaring weaknesses and while the ones that remain are frustrating, they have both grown into their roles and become much better at them with time.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
If our squad is the second most valuable squad in the world. I’m guessing we will make a lot of money as 8-9 players are available this summer for sale

Feels like you lay the foundations on which to construct the straw man here.

Peripheral players are of course not going to be worth that of the first team.

Ben White at 50m - successful transfer. Worth more now you'd ever have expected.
Rice at 100m - Nobody anywhere questioning this
Trossard at 24m - Absolute steal
Ødegaard 35m - Well in excess of 100m now
Gabriel 27m - Now part of arguably the best defensive partnership in world football

To name a few.

Even the Havertz signing, whilst incredibly against the grain, on the face of it looks successful.

Yes he needs to sell better, but I'd take our recruitment over most clubs.

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
I find it fascinating that this man is getting universal praise across the footballing world, with multiple clubs looking at Arsenal as a way forward and wanting to emulate it, while a fairly vocal minority(?) are calling for his head.

The transfers have largely been successful - not all of them, but the majority. Yet some people just seem laser focused on the ones that haven't worked out. Weird stuff tbh. I get there's been some lackluster showings in terms of selling players, but those players have generally come from a period of you being **** and thus the players were not exactly wanted by other clubs.

Now that you're flying again and doing well, we should see you generating decent money from selling, so I'll wait to properly judge him and his colleagues until after this coming window.

Batman

I find it fascinating that this man is getting universal praise across the footballing world, with multiple clubs looking at Arsenal as a way forward and wanting to emulate it, while a fairly vocal minority(?) are calling for his head.

The transfers have largely been successful - not all of them, but the majority. Yet some people just seem laser focused on the ones that haven't worked out. Weird stuff tbh. I get there's been some lackluster showings in terms of selling players, but those players have generally come from a period of you being **** and thus the players were not exactly wanted by other clubs.

Now that you're flying again and doing well, we should see you generating decent money from selling, so I'll wait to properly judge him and his colleagues until after this coming window.
His only big flaw right now from my perspective is that he's done poorly with player sales but then again you also have to factor in that Arteta has devalued some of these players and as a club, we have historically been quite sh*t at them well before Edu arrived. Letting Henry go for 16 million for example is a crime.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

His only big flaw right now from my perspective is that he's done poorly with player sales but then again you also have to factor in that Arteta has devalued some of these players and as a club, we have historically been quite sh*t at them well before Edu arrived. Letting Henry go for 16 million for example is a crime.
You have to take the salaries into account. We've been very generous at times, and that gets reflected in some of our sales.

Still, if we can recruit as well as we did last year. It's not too bad. At the trajectory we're on, you don't want to upset the cart by firing your DoF. Stability and steady as she goes, onwards and upwards etc etc

Batman

You have to take the salaries into account. We've been very generous at times, and that gets reflected in some of our sales.

Still, if we can recruit as well as we did last year. It's not too bad. At the trajectory we're on, you don't want to upset the cart by firing your DoF. Stability and steady as she goes, onwards and upwards etc etc
Yeah the salaries are a good point. You could argue that we had to offer larger salaries to offset not having CL football to offer which is no longer a problem.

GDeep™

League is very weak

It’s only @grange who wants him out.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 18

Arsenal’s primary focus is strengthening their midfield, with the club leaning towards adding #6 due to having more options for this position in the market [Gunnerblog]

Arsenal will continue to follow Benjamin Šeško’s progress and maintain a relationship with the player [Gunnerblog]

Monaco midfielder Aleksandr Golovin says he would be open to joining Arsenal: “But if you move, then only to top clubs. PSG, Manchester City, Real Madrid. I would also say Arsenal, because I have always had sympathy for this club.” [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom