• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratinho

Established Member
He's burned a lot of bridges in my view.

His comments have been for more money, which is fine if we are talking about a raise, which he was going to get, but demanding £60-70k a week, and then touting himself around other clubs? No thanks.

If he stays, we'll support him all the way, with no prejudice.

But he is going.

awooga83

Established Member
At least he isn't gonna leave at the end of the season for nout we get something at least. Now if wenger is only working on the same time schedule we should have an announcement ourselves soon. C'mon Arsène is there something your not telling us :wink:

asajoseph

Established Member
awooga83 said:
At least he isn't gonna leave at the end of the season for nout we get something at least. Now if wenger is only working on the same time schedule we should have an announcement ourselves soon. C'mon Arsène is there something your not telling us :wink:

I'm not sure it helps us much. The amount we get now will be minimal, but the number of available replacements, and the number of cup-tied players is much lower now than it will be in the summer. Frankly, I'd rather lose him in the summer and be able to be more cost-efficient in signing a replacement, than get a million now and have to pay more to replace.

awooga83

Established Member
I meant his mind would be elsewhere i'm not sure how he'd perform for us and this way we're sorted out take your point about the signing its gonna be difficult to find someone other then a kind of stop gap but lets hope wenger has things in hand, he did say he'd have top get a player of experience if Edu's gonna leave is that still the case?

goonerlove

We won't get much for him based on Ranieri's comments, but I wouldn't blame the bloke or his brother too much. It is sad that he never bled Arsenal red, but you can't expect every player to...

His brother/agent is doing his job - getting the most for his client that he can while also meeting his client's other desires, namely playing in Spain (which I think Edu likes for the weather and culture compared to EPL). Plus, Edu is behind Paddy and Gil and has two youngsters nipping at his heels for us so by moving, he becomes a starter.

Its a little sad to see him go, but we will at least get some compensation and we have 2 solid (although one injured) and 2 talented youth in the center... we need one more for depth and to cover Gil, but otherwise, we are ok at that spot (as long as Paddy gets back to form).

Goonerlove

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Really, it depends how much faith Wenger has in Flamini. The player who comes in will either become Vieira's partner for the remainder of the season or remain behind Flamini in the pecking order. So it depends on the quality of the player coming in. If it's a bog standard backup mid, then Flamini will probably remain first choice.

A

Anonymous

awooga83 said:

yes no one is comming

asajoseph

Established Member
Gazza Martinez said:
Really, it depends how much faith Wenger has in Flamini. The player who comes in will either become Vieira's partner for the remainder of the season or remain behind Flamini in the pecking order. So it depends on the quality of the player coming in. If it's a bog standard backup mid, then Flamini will probably remain first choice.

What about Fabregas - I really think he's proven himself to be a top option in the center of midfield already.

I really don't think Wenger planned to spend money in January, and I still don't. Remember Guillaume Warmuz? A backup 'just in case' option at GK. Wenger has done it before, and I think that he's looking to do it again.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
What about Fabregas - I really think he's proven himself to be a top option in the center of midfield already.

Yes, he's proven himself, but the lads only 17. He's looked a bit out of his depth lately, and I very much doubt Wenger will play him as much he did in the first half of the season.

asajoseph

Established Member
True - I think he's just tired. I don't see him as an every day player the rest of this season, but I think rotating him with Flamini is a very promising option. Both players give us different benefits, and Wenger will be able to mix and match according to the opponent.

awooga83

Established Member
Agree about Fabregas he has been great but hes 17 and that has caught up with him now at this point in the season he just looks a bit jaded which is understandable.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
True - I think he's just tired. I don't see him as an every day player the rest of this season, but I think rotating him with Flamini is a very promising option. Both players give us different benefits, and Wenger will be able to mix and match according to the opponent.

Promising, yes, but risky. It rests too much on Paddy's fitness. If he were to get injured for a large period time, we'd have to rely on a very young midfield to carry the team. We need at least one experienced head in midfield alongside Cesc/Flam.

Has anyone else considered that Eboue may be the player replacing Edu? I mean, it's just a thought.

Actually that wouldn't surprise me at all. It'd be a typical Wenger move. I'd expect Eboue to start in the middle against Wolves if it were the case.

asajoseph

Established Member
We do, yes, however this brings us back to where we were before - Wenger not buying a starting player, just a backup. Not to mention that Wenger has gone with Flamini and Fabregas together before with good results.

I agree, we need an experienced player, not a youngster, but I just don't see it being an experienced starter.

Asa

awooga83

Established Member
Eboue would be a little risky as its his first season in England and he needs time to adapt he is also young and as Gazza Martinez said we need one more experienced player in midfield as Vieira has been a litlle injury prone and had a few suspensions. That period where he was out Flamini and Fabregas did well but it clearly took alot out of them we just need that mentality that an experienced player can bring particular with the Gilberto situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom