• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

solthegunner

Edu isn't going any where; cesc is a great prospect but hes not going to be able to play 50 games and we need cover in mid field if angulo not coming.

MightyArsenal

Edu looked class against norwich even though he gave the ball away a few time. You can see there is a new found confidence about him, this is due to being called up quite regualry for the brazil squad no doubt. We cant let him go for free as hes worth at least £8 million. But I fear that he will go to barca and arsenal will let it happen to compensate for us getting cesc from them.

Its also strange the way barca are suddenly going all brazillian, they have about 6 in their team.

Someone should tell edu he wont get in the first team at barca anyway...there is no way he will get in ahead of gabri (an older cesc).

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
kronik said:
Edu only has 6 months left on his contract. He can legally talk to other clubs without having to tell Arsenal about it.

The fact that there's been little talk about a contract extension I feel we may lose him. :(
He actually has 10 months and is allowed to talk to other teams no earlier than January. He can then only leave the club officailly on July 1st.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
MightyArsenal said:
Edu looked class against norwich even though he gave the ball away a few time. You can see there is a new found confidence about him, this is due to being called up quite regualry for the brazil squad no doubt. We cant let him go for free as hes worth at least £8 million. But I fear that he will go to barca and arsenal will let it happen to compensate for us getting cesc from them.

Its also strange the way barca are suddenly going all brazillian, they have about 6 in their team.

Someone should tell edu he wont get in the first team at barca anyway...there is no way he will get in ahead of gabri (an older cesc).
We've already compensated them with the cancellation of the fee owed to us for the Overmars deal. Also they are not allowed to hae that many South Americans are the. I think there's a rule that says they are not allowed to have more than 4. Also I don't understand why hey would want another Brazillian, when just a few days ago they were saying they have too many. These guys work mysteriously.

hesham

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
JazzG said:
Hopefully he is gonna drop off Ronaldinho while he is over here ;)
You never know. Maybe that was the deal that AW was pushing all along, and all the other transfers were a smokescreen. Unlikely, but we can dream can't we.

and Ronny is also conviently "Injured" :shock:

Canuck

Established Member
This is truly just a rumour. It's not going to happen so put your eyes back in your head Loyan :p

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I know he isn't coming. It really isn't even a rumour. It's just us daydreaming. Ahhhhh.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dr. Alban said:
*Loyan* said:
He actually has 10 months and is allowed to talk to other teams no earlier than January. He can then only leave the club officailly on July 1st.

Edu's official homepage.

"A lot of people know that my contract with Arsenal ends in January 2005,...."
He probably mean that this is when he allowed to talk to other clubs. If this were true we would not be able to get a fee for him, and he would be able to sign a pre-contract now.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Edu leaves. I think Wenger is very interested in Mascherano and would allow Edu to leave if we got him.

goonerlove

Does anyone know if there are active negotiations going on with Edu at this point?

I didn't realize his contract was up in January... it might make sense that Edu or Gilberto are expendable right now with Vieira staying, Cesc looking like a star, and Flamini developing. To lose Edu on a free would be disappointing since he is a quality player that we could probably get 3-5 million pounds for...

Goonerlove

A

Anonymous

Wouldnt bother me to see this guy go, and I think he will.

For most of last season, apart from his little purple patch, he was behind Ray Parlour. Doesnt really say much for a supposed class player, and shows what AW thinks of him.

MightyArsenal

Well Id be dissapointed, for the last 2 years edu has been a great "squad " player for us and has stepped in for hard games ie away against inter, man u and chelsea and we won those games.

Canuck

Established Member
he was behind Ray Parlour. Doesnt really say much for a supposed class player, and shows what AW thinks of him.

Edu def. has talent to make it in the squad as a regular. Just because he traded games with Ray doesn't make him crappy. Parlour was an outstanding player with one of the best work ethics on the team. He paid his dues, and Wenger respected that. Considering Parlour had stayed with the team for so long and still managed to get play time should show that. Plus Ray had a pretty good season last time around. I think maybe he knew it was his last year with the gunners, and Wenger thought that as long as he was performing he would let him play. Think of it as his Highbury Swansong.

kronik

Maybe contract negotiations havent begin because he's agreed a move with someone? Maybe its being kept quiet until he leaves in January so he can continue to play for us....

Sammer

Established Member
After being with us for quite some time, EDU sure knows where his place is. Although he has been valuable to us and had some great games (e.g. in the CL last season), he knows that he will not be in the starting line up constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom