• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu Gaspar

GLITCH

My hope and expectations are at an all time low for this transfer window. Edu couldn't even convince a Championship player to join us instead of Villa. I've not forgetten that he offered Mustafi a new contract, which was rejected. Ødegaard is probably the No.1 target, and I don't believe for a second he'll do better than Buendia.

Edu needs replacing ASAP.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
My hope and expectations are at an all time low for this transfer window. Edu couldn't even convince a Championship player to join us instead of Villa. I've not forgetten that he offered Mustafi a new contract, which was rejected. Ødegaard is probably the No.1 target, and I don't believe for a second he'll do better than Buendia.

Edu needs replacing ASAP.
Tomas Campos was the signing we needed more. Se are going to fall Even more until Kroenke leaves with the trio of idiots with him. Until we get rid of owners, Arteta, Edu and Vinai we will be a garbage team. Problem is we will lose our good young players if this take too long.

GLITCH

Tomas Campos was the signing we needed more. Se are going to fall Even more until Kroenke leaves with the trio of idiots with him. Until we get rid of owners, Arteta, Edu and Vinai we will be a garbage team. Problem is we will lose our good young players if this take too long.
If you mean Luís Campos, then yes. He'd be a game-changer. But I don't see that happening because it would make too much sense.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Club is a total mess because the owners don’t know how to run it. I think Vinai, Edu and Arteta are as much victims of this as anyone else.

It’s like the parents going out and leaving the house to a bunch of 5 year olds.

Don’t forget that story from two weeks ago, Sky said a top 6 owner came to watch a match and didn’t know which team was his. Sky didn’t say who that owner was, but we know.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Club is a total mess because the owners don’t know how to run it. I think Vinai, Edu and Arteta are as much victims of this as anyone else.

It’s like the parents going out and leaving the house to a bunch of 5 year olds.

Don’t forget that story from two weeks ago, Sky said a top 6 owner came to watch a match and didn’t know which team was his. Sky didn’t say who that owner was, but we know.

Or even worse, the parents going out and leaving @Theresa to mind the 5 year olds.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think Vinai can take care of the business side, but you need an experienced football man who can help Edu and Arteta and also be someone they both report to, that’s clearly missing.

You’ll say Wenger, but I don’t want him coming in just to get killed again, and I don’t think he’ll want to come in and stand over a manager anyway.

I think Vinai can take care of the business side, but you need an experienced football man who can help Edu and Arteta and also be someone they both report to, that’s clearly missing.

You’ll say Wenger, but I don’t want him coming in just to get killed again, and I don’t think he’ll want to come in and stand over a manager anyway.

Think Wenger is done with Arsenal. And I think he feel he should have been done with us 10 years ago. The toll it must have taken on him having to carry this circus for the last 10 years that Kroenke and Gazidis have created.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Also @hydrofluoric acid tells me I don't deserve Wenger coming back to help sort this mess out, I better just take the punishment that I'm now suffering.

Rattata

You mean Vinai "I fell for chinese scammers"? The dude is awful too.

akhil

What experience does he have in doing big deals though. He was DOF at West Brom. He also has no idea.

I suspect it's not too different from most deals, except for the numbers involved. We have a team of people who handle the details, who have all probably been doing deals for a few years now. The incompetent Edu got rid of a whole load of them in January without Fahmy, which means there's a team who handle the financial and legal details.

It's the first week of June. Kneejerking has reached new levels on this forum over the Buendia transfer.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I suspect it's not too different from most deals, except for the numbers involved. We have a team of people who handle the details, who have all probably been doing deals for a few years now. The incompetent Edu got rid of a whole load of them in January without Fahmy, which means there's a team who handle the financial and legal details.

It's the first week of June. Kneejerking has reached new levels on this forum over the Buendia transfer.
It's not knee jerking. Please don't sit back and act like everything is fine because it is June. This is over a decade in the making. This isn't the old days where Wenger got us top four with Chamakh. The landscape is full of competitive clubs either being run the right way or with serious backing.

Could you imagine if Newcastle had got taken over? That would literally have cemented us out of the top 4. As it stands we are doing the cementing.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Chamakh was such a rotten signing though, let's not be giving praise out for Chamakh...

Good Fantasy Team name though ("Chamakh my Pitch Up")

akhil

It's not knee jerking. Please don't sit back and act like everything is fine because it is June. This is over a decade in the making. This isn't the old days where Wenger got us top four with Chamakh. The landscape is full of competitive clubs either being run the right way or with serious backing.

Could you imagine if Newcastle had got taken over? That would literally have cemented us out of the top 4. As it stands we are doing the cementing.

There is a fair amount of kneejerking though. Nearly 40 million on a player who did well in the Championship is a big risk. And he did it in a position where we'd probably not play him. If you're spending big, might as well get a sure thing. I know Ødegaard isn't a popular option here, (I'm not sold on him either) but Edu and the coaching staff got a detailed look at him for 4 months and they clearly want him more. Ødegaard for 50 rather than Buendia for 40 is easier to justify, both numbers are excessive to me for the respective players.

Iceman10

Established Member

It’s not really knee jerking on the back of the season we have had and knowing the volume of transfer outs and ins we need to get done this summer, with added complications of Euros and Copa America to work around. I’m sure if you thought a bit more about this you would likely reconsider a bit.

Top Bottom