• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu & Vinai: The Dream Team

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Of course it makes sense. For a long time, as a fan base we've been mugs.

Until fans refuse to pay those prices and stadiums are empty, they'll continue to charge those ridiculous prices.

We're the softest fan base in the league. United or Pool would have driven out these parasites in charge by now.
Too busy chanting about how offensive AFTV is as opposed to going after the core issue at the club

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Of course it makes sense. For a long time, as a fan base we've been mugs.

Until fans refuse to pay those prices and stadiums are empty, they'll continue to charge those ridiculous prices.

We're the softest fan base in the league. United or Pool would have driven out these parasites in charge by now.
Man Utd fans have been trying to get the Glazers to leave forever to no avail, Liverpool old owners only sold because they were bankrupt not cos of pressure from fans. People need to come to terms with fans essentially having no say in these matters, Kronke owns the club you can't kick someone out of their own house.

BigPoppaPump

I hated the bit where he refused to put a number on targets for the season or even a ball park (the guy mentioned 10th lol) - which is poor. The correct answer is Europe but he didn’t go anywhere near it which is bad.
I feel like that's just good PR though, no telling where we'll end up and he don't wanna be like Gazidis selling Arsenal fans a dream about competing with Bayern one day.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Bizarre that Gazidis said we could compete with Bayern a few times, while seemingly campaigning behind the scenes to get more power at the club...only to immediately leave when he got what he wanted.

Weird guy...looking back, it seemed he only really wanted to get Arsène sacked for some reason.

BigPoppaPump

I don't think it's good PR at all it's see through. Spending what we spent and you're too scared to even utter the word Europa? come on bro.
It's cowardly but it makes sense, not to make any promises because it'll blow up in his face if we have another poor season. You can tell he doesn't have complete faith in Arteta.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not that impressed by the Edu interview. Don't buy that he's a fraud or a crook or whatever. He strikes me as a decent guy, trying to turn things around, but I just can't see him as one of the best in the business. It was partly down to the questions he was asked but he he was pretty defensive and didn't really lay out the thinking behind the signings (apart from youth).

I don't think he should get criticised for doing the interview though. Would like to see more rather than less of that.

There's a language barrier as well. Much more difficult to play the lobby game like that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bizarre that Gazidis said we could compete with Bayern a few times, while seemingly campaigning behind the scenes to get more power at the club...only to immediately leave when he got what he wanted.

Weird guy...looking back, it seemed he only really wanted to get Arsène sacked for some reason.

Tbf Milan made him a f*cking ridiculous offer that blew ours away.

Think they gave him part ownership ffs. What I will say is that if he stayed I think we’re in a healthier place as I think both Sven and Raul would have been kept on.

Even if we did hire Arteta eventually I think recruitment and sales would be a lot better.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Yes, it did seem like some personal mission at some point. I remember his responses at the club meetings with supporters, totally at odds with Wenger and almost agreeing with the supporter's frustrations at Wenger.

But the worst part is him leaving so quickly after Wenger's departure. That was a hammer blow.

Riou

Tbf Milan made him a f*cking ridiculous offer that blew ours away.

Think they gave him part ownership ffs. What I will say is that if he stayed I think we’re in a healthier place as I think both Sven and Raul would have been kept on.

Even if we did hire Arteta eventually I think recruitment and sales would be a lot better.

Always wondered how he ended up getting that mad offer from them, hadn't really done anything of note at Arsenal to earn that kind of position.

Would have kept Raul more in check, maybe no Kia involvement either...wish he stayed for longer, to see what he wanted to do here.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Always wondered how he ended up getting that mad offer from them, hadn't really done anything of note at Arsenal to earn that kind of position.

Would have kept Raul more in check, maybe no Kia involvement either...wish he stayed for longer, to see what he wanted to do here.

Don't think he’s a bad executive but he doesn’t have a football brain.

He should’ve hired people sooner than he did to help Wenger out rather than running things himself like that StatDNA fiasco.

Riou

Wenger & Dein...Emery & Raul...Arteta & Edu

Why do we keep trading down, ffs.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
What's shocking to me is that he said they've had this transfer window planning in place since last year and they expect people to believe that. Other than Ben White and Lokonga I don't think a single decision was made based on long term planning, not a single one.

Another glaring lie was the being patience and waiting for young players to develop at the club. Yeah, that's why we've shipped Saliba out on loan.....

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The questions were brutal tbf, but they were the right questions that all the fans would have asked and it’s hard to come up with impressive answers.

I hated the bit where he refused to put a number on targets for the season or even a ball park (the guy mentioned 10th lol) - which is poor. The correct answer is Europe but he didn’t go anywhere near it which is bad.

He also really leaned on “wait until the players play together” defence which could easily backfire too.

I am just relieved to see somebody take accountability really, if there was any positive. Worth a read or watch to anyone who hasn’t yet.
Wait to the players play together is the stop before wait until the players get used to each other. The fact that he several times mentioned all the players we bought are 23 or under is worrying to me. Basically saying we won’t be near the top for long time

For me the biggest thing that ruined us was no crowd under Artetas early days. This lead to fans not forcing the team to actually play decent football and let Arteta indoctrinate the team with his really slow boring football and constant back pass. If fans were here the whole time the football would get booed straight away and we wouldn’t have 18 month of the players playing this. Now it’s in our blood and it’s gonna take a long time to get it out of our system

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Both Vinai and Edu doing media work. only people in their position in the PL doing this after 3 games.......bloody 3 games and they are all fighting to save their jobs it seems

Chaoz_Enigma

I don't think it's good PR at all it's see through. Spending what we spent and you're too scared to even utter the word Europa? come on bro.
I think its PR **** to overpromise in the beginning of the season. Not trying to defend him, but if I am in his position, I will still do what he did. You know....keep the bar low, get some sticks from the fans. At the end of the season when we achieve something like europa he can say its a success withouth the fans berating him too much. But if we get Champ League he will be sung like a hero.

Whereas if he gave a target like Europa now, fans like us being greedy, will say why have we fall so much and not aiming for at least champions league? and set our bar higher and he gets more sticks if he doesnot get europa, and if he got euopa he will still be berated by theans who will say "i told you, he has no ambition , only europa league satisfy him"

In my opinions its a good PR strategy, at least he got you to say something in the line of "scared to even utter the word Europa".

You are just dancing in his hands and I actually think he's actually pretty smart in the PR side or at least the club have good PR department.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think its PR **** to overpromise in the beginning of the season. Not trying to defend him, but if I am in his position, I will still do what he did. You know....keep the bar low, get some sticks from the fans. At the end of the season when we achieve something like europa he can say its a success withouth the fans berating him too much. But if we get Champ League he will be sung like a hero.

Whereas if he gave a target like Europa now, fans like us being greedy, will say why have we fall so much and not aiming for at least champions league? and set our bar higher and he gets more sticks if he doesnot get europa, and if he got euopa he will still be berated by theans who will say "i told you, he has no ambition , only europa league satisfy him"

In my opinions its a good PR strategy, at least he got you to say something in the line of "scared to even utter the word Europa".

You are just dancing in his hands and I actually think he's actually pretty smart in the PR side or at least the club have good PR department.
you sack the manager that finished 5th cause he missed CL, then gets a manager who finish 8th twice and give him 150 million and cant even say we aiming for 7th. They are sh1tless scared as they know they will have a terrible season. Cant even say we will hold out top 8 spot because if they dont they have to answer questions. All he did was we bought players who are 23 and under....we need time. Time to do what? It would be better if him and vinai never spoke because all they did was make the situation worse

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah for reasons @Rasmi said, it’s really weak and not fooling anybody.

Any season Arsenal is not in Europe of any kind is a bad season period, that’s all he had to say. Instead these clowns want to drag the standards down further and further to suit their incapabilities, it’s bullshit.

Haphazard

Football along with other professional sports is the most results driven business there is.

The fact that Edu can't articulate the season's aims/goals should be a sackable offence, it means he is just trying to buy himself time when he keeps on saying 'let the whole team play together' in reality there will be common instances where at least 1-2 players will be missing from our starting XI's throughout the year due to injury.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom