• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu Gaspar

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Football along with other professional sports is the most results driven business there is.

The fact that Edu can't articulate the season's aims/goals should be a sackable offence, it means he is just trying to buy himself time when he keeps on saying 'let the whole team play together' in reality there will be common instances where at least 1-2 players will be missing from our starting XI's throughout the year due to injury.
It really is pathetic doesn’t dare to say what their goal is. Every one who works have a goal and target. I never had a job where I was told you young just do your best and that’s good enough. The whole interview looked unprepared which begs the question why he even did it.

The funniest thing is he is told no goals bottom of the league and he says well because the team hasn’t played together. Basically without the new signings this is where we would be. Him and Arteta has consistently played down the ability of the team to justify their incompetence

Taxi Driver

Can you honestly say that "We're focusing on youth now, give us time bro!" if you're also the team that has spent the most during summer's window? Pretty sure that's not how you do it if you want to emphasise youth development. :lol:

It's a smokescreen, designed to conceal their incompetence, provide them with ample excuses and, ultimately, the only hope they have of keeping their jobs. If currenty regime actually started with this kind of a program, or at least alluded to it when it all began (reminder: Mikel said he'll win CL in three seasons), I could believe in it and get behind it.

As it is it just looks like another attempt to desperately divert everyone's attention from what's happening on the pitch and inside the club proper.

Let me emphasise again, this is Arsenal, one of the biggest sport franchises in the world, not a training ground for rookie managers, CEOs and DoFs.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It's another example of an Edu interview where he has failed to impress and looked a little out of his depth as a top level Technical Director.

What Edu ultimately gets judged on though is the transfers he makes, and especially the players he brings in. He has been backed in this window same as Arteta and has spent money on 6 players. We will know soon enough whether his scouting and judgement is good enough based on how those guys perform.

Haphazard

Imo the reason why Arteta is being given so much time and money is because Edu and Vinai both know that if a seasoned manager comes in they will get exposed horrifically.

Right now none of them can justify their jobs but since they are all running interference for one another the internal organizational pressure is not there.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Regarding the “why didn’t we get Bissouma” clan, I think it’s worth waiting to see if Patino gets integrated into the first team over the season. He seems like a natural Xhaka replacement, being left footed.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'm not big on clubs & their board members, commitee members stc. Can I just ask, who does have the right or role to give Arteta the sacking if it comes about?

Barry

Regarding the “why didn’t we get Bissouma” clan, I think it’s worth waiting to see if Patino gets integrated into the first team over the season. He seems like a natural Xhaka replacement, being left footed.
I'm pro-youth but there's no parallel between Bissouma, who was one of the leagues leading CM's last season and Patino - who if absolutely everything falls in his favour might be on the same level in 3-4 years time.

Patino hasn't played a single league minute, there's absolutely zero chance he's ready to be our main central midfielder this season or next. Would be league ****. Needs to get a loan next season and see how it goes.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's another example of an Edu interview where he has failed to impress and looked a little out of his depth as a top level Technical Director.

What Edu ultimately gets judged on though is the transfers he makes, and especially the players he brings in. He has been backed in this window same as Arteta and has spent money on 6 players. We will know soon enough whether his scouting and judgement is good enough based on how those guys perform.
At the same time he must be frustrated because surely he knows, deep down, that Arteta isn’t good enough as manager and it could make him look bad too.

Edu could literally sign Mbappe for Arteta and I think you’d be able to call him a flop transfer a year later.

I think they’re all protecting each other for the most part while subtly pointing the finger at the other. Arteta saying he doesn’t have his players, Edu saying he doesn’t pick the first eleven. I have to side with Edu for now because that Mbappe scenario could legit happen under Arteta. You can’t blame your DoF while your manager is stinking the place out.

Barry

At the same time he must be frustrated because surely he knows, deep down, that Arteta isn’t good enough as manager and it could make him look bad too.

Edu could literally sign Mbappe for Arteta and I think you’d be able to call him a flop transfer a year later.
Surely Edu has enough influence to get Arteta fired though if he really wanted too? Even if Arteta's new role places him outside of Edu's structure, he's still a board member. If he's that much of a lame duck that he has no influence then he should go anyway.

Think most of us will judge Edu if results don't improve and he doesn't pull the trigger on Arteta. There has to be done accountability. Guess it depends whether the Kroneke's see it the same way.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Patino is 17 year old. Bissouma is 24 year old with 4 seasons in senior football experience. How are they comparable? Also central midfield is the hardest position after CB to play a kid

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Patino is 17 year old. Bissouma is 24 year old with 4 seasons in senior football experience. How are they comparable? Also central midfield is the hardest position after CB to play a kid
Who said they are comparable? I meant for him to be in and around the first team squad this season with the view of taking more minutes of Granit next season.

Noises suggest he’s the most gifted youth product Hale End has had.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
reminder: Mikel said he'll win CL in three seasons

That's such an arrogant thing to say, don't know why nothing more has been said about this. Guy gets his first coaching gig ever and has the nerve to seriously say he's going to win the CL in three years. That's laughable in itself, but that almost 2 years later he's got his team sitting at the bottom of the table is even more ridiculous. Guy needs a serious reality check and show some humility. Don't know where Arteta's got this sense of entitlement from, but I guess he fully believes in his own hype. Get the feeling that not for one second that guy is questioning himself seriously.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Who said they are comparable? I meant for him to be in and around the first team squad this season with the view of taking more minutes of Granit next season.

Noises suggest he’s the most gifted youth product Hale End has had.
sure he is....the most gifted 17 year old we had cant get near the first team team of the weakest arsenal team in 25 years. When the likes of ramsey and wilshere was starting games in his age for a much better team. This season nor next season do i expect a 17 now 18 next year central midfielder to become the main starter for this team

Barry

Is Patino even rated as highly as Azeez? I thought he was slightly behind in the talent pecking order but I haven't seen enough of either to really rank them. He doesn't look physically quite ready yet for the Prem, but I guess you can compensate for that if you're good enough (ie. Freakishly good like Cesc)

scytheavatar

Established Member
Is Patino even rated as highly as Azeez? I thought he was slightly behind in the talent pecking order but I haven't seen enough of either to really rank them. He doesn't look physically quite ready yet for the Prem, but I guess you can compensate for that if you're good enough (ie. Freakishly good like Cesc)

Patino has been compared a lot to Wilshere and seen as one of the most talented midfielders our academy have ever produced since Wilshere.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Nothing worse than a new Hale End hype job, I really don't want to hear about Azeez or Balogun or Patino again until they actually play. They should be out on loan not starting for Arsenal, our fans need to stop this youth obsession we've never been successful with youth projects.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m laughing but I feel similar I’m a bit tired of it. Patino actually good though from the little I have seen, but I personally can’t get hype over kids with these frail bodies.

Couple starts in the first team then we’ll talk.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I’m laughing but I feel similar I’m a bit tired of it. Patino actually good though from the little I have seen, but I personally can’t get hype over kids with these frail bodies.

They been hyping Balogun up for years but I can just tell he's never gonna play for Arsenal outside of Carabao games, he doesn't even look as good as Nketiah. But unfair to him that he has a charlatan as manager but all these guys should be loaned before playing for Arsenal.

Barry

100% it's laughable the amount players who haven't even done their stint in League One yet get hyped up as our saviours.

Totally different from signing experienced younger players (21-23 age bracket). Academy kids are pure potential. If you try and blood more than one or two at a time then you're asking for trouble. I like the age profile of the squad now, I think we've rebalanced it nicely from the end of the Wenger reign and Sven where we had so many older players not performing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom