• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu Gaspar

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
How is Edu & Scholes comparable to Wenger & Fergie?

Edu is just bantering an United legend who he played against as a player, and they both have different jobs now.

I don't really care anyway as Scholes seems to be doing some weird stuff. Can't say I'm surprised it being called out.

You don't understand how counterparts and contemporaries are comparable? Really? Football is a business. You don't expect to see people in leadership roles at any business engaging in childish, sh*thouse behavior even if it's funny. Admittedly, I'm not privy to the details of Edu's contract but I don't think he's paid to be a comedian. I would prefer that we operate like a serious club which means people in high positions within the club refraining from this sort of thing. Scholes is a proper weirdo and there's more than enough people on this planet to give him the ribbing he deserves. I don't think our DOF needs to be doing it. If I'm an agent or another club executive, I look at this as immaturity which I can probably exploit in a negotiation.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I've seen more of Edu at home or at a vacation home than actually working

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Guys, wtf is happening in football?

Ok, maybe he's mocking Scholes but if not, Jesus Christ are all these people freaks?

resize
Another question - is his wife wearing welding glasses in bed? Kinky!

Barry

So far so good with the summer window this time around. Think Edu deserves some credit. None of the signings have been absolute rubbish or non-factors. All have played and look pretty decent from what I can tell.
It looks that way, although it's still a little early to judge for me... also, Edu needs to show that he can sell smart as well as buying smart. The sales last summer were shocking and a real black mark against him. Willock was an easy sale to a desperate Newcastle, but £3m for Mavro & £10m (under a loan option) for Guendouzi are both awful deals, especially the former. And behind that... not too much at all - an empty, barren desert of income.

In fairness to him, they had a really busy summer and there were some good calls in their as well. Need to see how it pans out but Ødegaard and Ramsdale in particular were tricky players to identify and land for different reasons. I see him getting called "a rookie" or "completely inexperienced" on here quite a lot. My main issue with Edu is that he doesn't appear to be the very best we can get - he lacks vision. But he's definitely not a rookie. Aside from his playing career he was a successful DoF for Corinthians starting back in 2011 for 5 years and then had senior roles with the Iranian and Brazilian national teams. He's been with Arsenal now for two years. It's about quality, not experience with Edu imo

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Awfully quiet around here.

Ramsdale..check.
White..check.
Tomiyasu..check.
Tavares..check.
Sambi..to be decided.
Ødegaard..to be decided.

(Personally have no worries about the last two either.)

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Awfully quiet around here.

Ramsdale..check.
White..check.
Tomiyasu..check.
Tavares..check.
Sambi..to be decided.
Ødegaard..to be decided.

(Personally have no worries about the last two either.)

All of them are TBD except Ramsdale (dont expect Leicester performances every week though) to be fair. But the fact that one of the worst Artetasexuals here draws premature conclusions doesnt surprise me at all.

drippin

All of them are TBD except Ramsdale (dont expect Leicester performances every week though) to be fair. But the fact that one of the worst Artetasexuals here draws premature conclusions doesnt surprise me at all.
Go back to your corner gimp.

Barry

Personally I think it's pretty clear that Tomiyasu is going to be a good signing as well as Ramsdale. He's proved he's extremely good defensively and hasn't looked out of place at RB either.

Tavares I think it's too early to judge despite the promising signs. We haven't seen enough.

White - the questions with him were always more about the fee, Saliba & use of resources. We'll have a better idea about those questions at the end of the season. As a player he's looking good though and the partnership with Gabriel is a definite plus.

drippin

Personally I think it's pretty clear that Tomiyasu is going to be a good signing as well as Ramsdale. He's proved he's extremely good defensively and hasn't looked out of place at RB either.

Tavares I think it's too early to judge despite the promising signs. We haven't seen enough.

White - the questions with him were always more about the fee, Saliba & use of resources. We'll have a better idea about those questions at the end of the season. As a player he's looking good though and the partnership with Gabriel is a definite plus.
Tavares was cheap and already performing well in EPL. It's the price why I put "check" there already. He has great physical attributes.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Too soon for Edu to be given plaudits, but I like them all though.

The back 5 is abnormally young and the midfield is light in quality. Our transfer activity could easily look questionable again in a month or two.

I’d sooner give Arteta credit for making it all work and coaching these young guys than Edu at this point of the season. We finish outside of Europe again and our star players get linked away this summer will look dumb.

drippin

Too soon for Edu to be given plaudits, but I like them all though.

The back 5 is abnormally young and the midfield is light in quality. Our transfer activity could easily look questionable again in a month or two.

I’d sooner give Arteta credit for making it all work and coaching these young guys than Edu at this point of the season. We finish outside of Europe again and our star players get linked away this summer will look dumb.
I wanted us to upgrade Elneny, but I guess the finances weren't there.

Good to have him as the ultimate backup of course even if losing him for free.

Too bad Xhaka got injured for basically the first time in his career. In that sense he has always been solid as a rock which is not a given with Arsenal midfielders.

One of the reasons I liked his extension and improving other areas while there has been a huge overhaul going on.

Top Bottom