• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu & Vinai: The Dream Team

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
  • Funny
Reactions: A_G

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm not sure how the board and Edu have thrown him under the bus honestly. Partey joining us 4 weeks later in October has an affect on how we're playing in April? Deadline day transfers happen all the time, I'm not sure why this situation is unique; release clause or not. He came here match fit, he'd already played a couple of La Liga games for Atletico. They committed 46 million on Partey, that's a big sign of confidence and backing the guy, not throwing him under the bus.

Guendouzi maybe a tool but he's done way more in his time here than anything Ceballos, El Neny and Partey put together. Who's decision was it to completely ostracize him and basically do away with 2 years worth of development we'd committed to as a club?

Özil situation was self induced by Arteta. Why would the hierarchy want a guy being paid 350k a week be shunned completely from the pitch? It makes no sense. Özil has his own baggage for sure but exile him completely from the team was ridiculous.

Eze and Raphinha actually play for experienced managers, not a rookie who's looking more like a deer in the headlights. Even if we got them, Willan would be starting over them or Laca being some hybrid AM/false 9 rubbish.

Why is our 30 million investment in one of the hottest CB prospects from the year before being binned? I agree regarding the remaining CBs. Arteta determined he's not good enough, he's owning Ligue 1 right now. Although Mustafi's been on the market since Wenger's time without any takers. Considering the lack of movement in the market last summer, it's not surprising or unexpected.

Completely agree on the dodgy Kia handouts.

There are a lot of issues that should be put on Edu's shoulders but our position in the league table with this squad is not one of them. The product on the pitch and team selection is a coaching/management issue.

Indeed!.

Both Edu and Arteta should go, and take our so called Chief Executive and mismanaging director Vinai with them.

I've lost count of how many times I've posted this exact sentiment on this forum. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, or as we AMers call it @Makingtrax :lol:

No wait they spent 40m on Benteke. Lol.

35 million on Andy Carroll. Which is funny. Because the same summer we sold Cesc Fabregas, top3 midfielder in the world, our captain and on 5 years contract for 30 million.

So everytime I'm getting ready to laugh at Liverpool I remember us and start crying.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
These deals i believe before Edward it was hit/miss unlike now seem any signing is spot on something they done very well is selling players.
I think Edwards was working on transfers from 2011 bro, he was named Sporting Director in 2016.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Indeed!.

Both Edu and Arteta should go, and take our so called Chief Executive and mismanaging director Vinai with them.

I've lost count of how many times I've posted this exact sentiment on this forum. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, or as we AMers call it @Makingtrax :lol:
Never underestimate the power of repetition. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

They did do some good business before here and there - Torres, Suarez, Coutinho, Alonso, Mascherano etc - but never managed to actually build an overall very good squad. But the tandem of Klopp bringing in his philosophy and Edwards being very good at bringing these players in has definitely lifted them up another step from when before those two took charge around 2015.
Yep. They made a great team, which is more than can be said for what's going on at the Emirates.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Man Utd are saying the same about their ownership too. They don’t think the owners are ambitious enough or Woodward is good at his job.

I think these American owners are genuinely happy with CL money.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
After Dein left it seems Wenger was the only guy at the club who knew what he was doing.

From the outside it looks a club in massive decline, you’re close to saying we’re not a top club anymore.

We are pretty much done as a top club, no?

A few years into the stadium move, our only real ace to offer was Arsène...think we are in for a long period of nothing, just like you said.

GDeep™

League is very weak

A few years into the stadium move, our only real ace to offer was Arsène...think we are in for a long period of nothing, just like you said.
Yeah I think it’s over. I called it years ago, after Wenger goes the club will be up the river without a paddle, or however that saying goes.

After lockdown is over and things are open, I won’t be tuning in to watch Arsenal fighting to finish top 6.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I think it’s over. I called it years ago, after Wenger goes the club will be up the river without a paddle, or however that saying goes.

After lockdown is over and things are open, I won’t be tuning in to watch Arsenal fighting to finish top 6.

Down river.
For top 8.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

We used to be firmly one of the top 10 richest clubs in Europe, even during the barren trophy spell. We fell out of the top 10 recently, overtaken by sp*rs. What with no european football and the pandemic I wouldn't be surprised if we fall to around 15th, possibly lower. I suspect once you're out of that top 10 it's harder to get back in than people imagine.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
We used to be firmly one of the top 10 richest clubs in Europe, even during the barren trophy spell. We fell out of the top 10 recently, overtaken by sp*rs. What with no european football and the pandemic I wouldn't be surprised if we fall to around 15th, possibly lower. I suspect once you're out of that top 10 it's harder to get back in than people imagine.

At least without a proper concept but sheer madness trusting the club to beginners hoping they're all some sort of geniuses.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don't really buy it too much that Edu is doing a bad a job that people make out.

Quite frankly he knows who the deadwood is and isn't and I think we'll see that again in the summer, players we expect to leave will. The January clear out was nice to see, regardless of how we got them out.

Willian is a big bust fair enough, but I still think your guys like Mari and Cedric are decent enough back up, every team will always have them and the manager also backed these guys to stay. He finalised the Gabriel deal, and we needed Ceballos back at the time, everyone AM wanted this as he finished here in good form. No more needs to be said on Partey.

In hindsight, with a better manager in place we'd be sitting much higher up and people wouldn't be complaining about him, I am convinced this squad, this season should push top 4.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
At least without a proper concept but sheer madness trusting the club to beginners hoping they're all some sort of geniuses.

Yes, on every level actually from coach to DoF to chief exec, seeing as Josh Kroenke is nominally in charge and he's essentially a baby in business terms. I wonder what industry insiders in the game at other clubs make of it.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I'm at a loss at how people can look at our roster and see a top 4 team. I think most of the "expectations" here are delusions. We have an incomplete roster that cannot survive very many injuries.

akhil

I don't really buy it too much that Edu is doing a bad a job that people make out.

Quite frankly he knows who the deadwood is and isn't and I think we'll see that again in the summer, players we expect to leave will. The January clear out was nice to see, regardless of how we got them out.

Willian is a big bust fair enough, but I still think your guys like Mari and Cedric are decent enough back up, every team will always have them and the manager also backed these guys to stay. He finalised the Gabriel deal, and we needed Ceballos back at the time, everyone AM wanted this as he finished here in good form. No more needs to be said on Partey.

In hindsight, with a better manager in place we'd be sitting much higher up and people wouldn't be complaining about him, I am convinced this squad, this season should push top 4.

If Edu can rid of Willian this summer, that will be the best he can do for himself, doubt it though. The winter deals were a positive for me. He has to has fix the middle of the park somehow this summer.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom