• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu & Vinai: The Dream Team

Pop Tart

Established Member
The point Everton backed him with 3/4 signings this summer. 3 new midfielders, that’s what Arteta needs and hasn’t got.
Yeah but James was a risk, in hindsight it has payed off for him at Everton. It was more a risk for us considering he has has been left out etc with Madrid

Kav

Established Member
Shows how much some fans know. Ancelotti is class manager and we would have been lucky to have him.

People need to be careful. We are only 3 games into the season. 3 games that Everton should have won all even if we only base it on their last 5 years form.

But Edu I have talked about a little bit. We need to get rid of him. Vinai also as a human being doesn't even make sense. SACK NOW.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If they don't pull something out last few days this has been a catastrophic window and they are fully to blame. Always been massive red flags around Edu though, he needs to prove himself.

say yes

forum master baiter
Think they're lost without Raul tbh.
You read Ornstein’s piece on Raul’s departure from a few months back and it was clear he were going to miss him badly.

Was he too close to agents? Yes. Was he also the only person connected to the board with any footballing nous? Also yes.

We’re just a poor Man United at this point.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You read Ornstein’s piece on Raul’s departure from a few months back and it was clear he were going to miss him badly.

Was he too close to agents? Yes. Was he also the only person connected to the board with any footballing nous? Also yes.

We’re just a poor Man United at this point.

Surely Edu is connected to the board? Might be a fraud but still.

Godwin1

Very well-known
The point is Everton backed him with 3/4 signings this summer. 3 new midfielders, that’s what Arteta needs and hasn’t got.
Surely this would have been implicit when Arteta agreed to come here? I mean he did take some convincing from what I remember. Guess we don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
This clubs ownership is rotten. We all know it, but most of us are increasingly surprised by how low the bar can go. **** it, I'm only posting this cause it's therapeutic to get the poison out of the system.

What is the business sense it driving down our status and value gradually. It's like stripping a company of its assets. Surely it would be more profitable to invest intelligently.

Look at the clubs around us and what they are trying to achieve. After 36 years of supporting, and a lifetime of going to gsjrs, this is feeling like the threshold of being absolutely done as a top club.

Auba is gonna feel duped.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Surely this would have been implicit when Arteta agreed to come here? I mean he did take some convincing from what I remember. Guess we don't know what goes on behind closed doors.
Vinai’s comments, Arteta’s comments and even Auba signing to an extent all point forwards the fact there was some money.

Think we expected a bit more from sales than we got but we entered talks and Aouar was never going to be cheap. Just sounds like they haven’t been able to deliver. Next few days will be interesting though.

Kav

Established Member
I think lot has changed since then. Kroenke and the board can hide behind the pandemic.
This is possibly but they don’t need to. Over the last five years they have put none of their own money into the club for investing. I know that we run a self sustaining model but that is no excuse for the lack of investment on their part.

Arsenal is only a cash cow to the Kroenke family, their ROI on Arsenal is probably in excess of 100% on capital input. Now that Covid is here and the turnstiles are closed they have to suffer the losses in all their franchises. I just hope they realize they need to pay attention to the club that makes them money.
Wenger was there to shield them and Gazidis from the fans. They won’t have that luxury with Arteta.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Torreira and Guendouzi aren't on big wages. It's just another bollocks that people have started to use as excuse to hide our failings. We've just got **** personnel from Vinai all the way down to even Arteta mismanaging the squad.
There was absolutely zero reason for Arteta to want to sign Mari, extend Luiz, scupper Holding's loan move. No doubt he is a great coach, but of course he is also culpable for the disaster that's been this summer.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I was listening to an Arsenal related podcast (I can't remember whether it was Arsecast or Arseblog) that claimed the sacking of Raul was good news and that Arsenal's new hierarchy was good because it was filled with young men compared to the aging one left behind that was out of touch. Absolutely nothing wrong with younger men and fresher ideas but with age comes experience. And I think Arsenal missed the experience of Raul. Yes maybe he's dodgy and most of us were happy to see the back of him but if it comes to the expense of the summer we had planned, did we really need to sack him halfway through transfer window? Or could we not just wait until everything was done? The Partey/Torreria deal seems like we've been taken to the cleaners with Athletico getting our player and keeping theirs. And the Aouar deal just went sour in mere hours. It seems like rookies ate off more than they could chew.

Top Bottom