<

Edu & Vinai: Progress in Process

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Aug 15, 2020.

1. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

Its like asking for permission for our scouts to attend their training or for getting the player for a trial. We express interest and ask if they would be open to this. The data would probably benefit them too. Its similar to videotaping a player playing and then analysing. We arent asking for intrusion into privacy.

2. Ibadan

Ibadan Gagan Jr

It is a little strange :lol: The article insinuates the players we would be scouting would be playing in leagues other than the traditional "Big 5". I think we would be looking to examine players who are really under the radar, not big names at big clubs.
    I'm assuming clubs in leagues with less acclaim might be more willing to let us put sensors on their players.

We still don't have much information on how this works in practise. We recently just signed a couple youth players for the U23 I wonder if we used the sensors to evaluate them.

3. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

It’s weird isn’t it. I suspect it would be done in very obscure/minor leagues, I couldn’t see this working otherwise.

Imagine trying to chip Jack Grealish boots just cause you wanted to see his stats.

celestis and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  4. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Yeah, I agree, but wouldn't we need an army of scouts to find interesting players in the lower leagues to examine further?

5. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

So people have to make an initial payment towards season tickets to be balloted into potentially getting a match ticket on October 3rd. And if fans are allowed back in like normal through the season then full amount will be taken for season tickets.

People can also take a season ticket holiday if they wish. The initial payments aren't actually too bad. If everyone decides to go along with it the club will be making anything from £10-20M from initial season ticket payments.

Pretty mad. Guessing initially around 15-20k fans will be allowed in.

6. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

If Vinai and Edu pull off what they're attempting............

All credit goes to Raul and Gazidis

7. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Watched the last interview.Vinai comes across very well I feel. Edu seems doesn`t seem very bright atually but I am unsure how much that is down to his English being far from perfect.

8. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Vinai is ceo now. Officially.

9. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Have faith in these lads!

10. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

agree he's impressive - showing what an Oxford University education can do for a man

I feel we are in safe hands on several levels now

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  11. Macho

Edu just confirmed the are going to rely more on stat DNA hence the sacking of scouts.

With Arteta’s promotion to Manager now, it’s beginning to feel like old times..

12. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

The Return of the Invincibles it is then:drool:

13. Macho

Stat dna came after invincibles :lol:

El neny, Xhaka, mustafi, Perez, etc etc..

14. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

I could listening to Vinai all day.

Really pleasing and you can see, how he made all his way up.

15. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Wenger gave the okay on those signings though. Arteta isn't stupid. He knows what quality we need and which players will offer it. Hence why we signed Willian and Gabriel and are after Aouar and Partey.

Taneruit likes this.
  16. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Vinai's socks and shoes were highly suspect in that video.

Lester Freamon: We're building something here, detective. We're building it from scratch. All the pieces matter.

17. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

If we are driven by statdna, why can we not identify a defensive midfielder who won't cost 50 million like Partey.

Traits are press resistant, physical, defensive awareness and a good first touch.

Partey doesn't have elite passing or attacking play.

I don't get why we can't find the next player.

18. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Because we want the ready made product.

Artisan and OnlyOne like this.
  19. Macho

Our targets were identified before Raul and our scouts left.

Auba’s contract
    Martinez £20 mil valuation
    Our transfer targets (Gabriel and Partey)
    Engineering Özil’s exit

All set in motion by Raul, according to the Athletic and other sources. It seems we’ve largely stuck to the script and don’t really have the personnel to deviate from this too much. Saying that, I doubt Aouar was part of the plans though.

Think Stat DNA is going forward, which I’m not a fan of given our previous success stories but we shall see.

20. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Relying mainly on StatDNA for signings again...lovely stuff...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    Artisan, Pyres7 and Macho like this.