• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu & Vinai: The Dream Team

akhil

^^ Same thing I was thinking. We're gonna stick sensors into other clubs players? Who the ****'s going to allow that?!

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I don't understand. How do we convince the parent club of the player to allow us to put a boot sensor in their player? Do we pay them?

Also, how do we identify the players we want to put boot sensors on without scouts?

Its like asking for permission for our scouts to attend their training or for getting the player for a trial. We express interest and ask if they would be open to this. The data would probably benefit them too. Its similar to videotaping a player playing and then analysing. We arent asking for intrusion into privacy.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
I don't understand. How do we convince the parent club of the player to allow us to put a boot sensor in their player? Do we pay them?

Also, how do we identify the players we want to put boot sensors on without scouts?

It is a little strange :lol: The article insinuates the players we would be scouting would be playing in leagues other than the traditional "Big 5". I think we would be looking to examine players who are really under the radar, not big names at big clubs.
I'm assuming clubs in leagues with less acclaim might be more willing to let us put sensors on their players.

We still don't have much information on how this works in practise. We recently just signed a couple youth players for the U23 I wonder if we used the sensors to evaluate them.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It’s weird isn’t it. I suspect it would be done in very obscure/minor leagues, I couldn’t see this working otherwise.

Imagine trying to chip Jack Grealish boots just cause you wanted to see his stats.

It’s weird isn’t it. I suspect it would be done in very obscure/minor leagues, I couldn’t see this working otherwise.

Imagine trying to chip Jack Grealish boots just cause you wanted to see his stats.

Yeah, I agree, but wouldn't we need an army of scouts to find interesting players in the lower leagues to examine further?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So people have to make an initial payment towards season tickets to be balloted into potentially getting a match ticket on October 3rd. And if fans are allowed back in like normal through the season then full amount will be taken for season tickets.

People can also take a season ticket holiday if they wish. The initial payments aren't actually too bad. If everyone decides to go along with it the club will be making anything from £10-20M from initial season ticket payments.

Pretty mad. Guessing initially around 15-20k fans will be allowed in.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Watched the last interview.Vinai comes across very well I feel. Edu seems doesn`t seem very bright atually but I am unsure how much that is down to his English being far from perfect.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Watched the last interview.Vinai comes across very well I feel. Edu seems doesn`t seem very bright atually but I am unsure how much that is down to his English being far from perfect.
agree he's impressive - showing what an Oxford University education can do for a man

I feel we are in safe hands on several levels now

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Edu just confirmed the are going to rely more on stat DNA hence the sacking of scouts.

With Arteta’s promotion to Manager now, it’s beginning to feel like old times..

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Edu just confirmed the are going to rely more on stat DNA hence the sacking of scouts.

The Return of the Invincibles it is then:drool:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Stat dna came after invincibles :lol:

El neny, Xhaka, mustafi, Perez, etc etc..

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Stat dna came after invincibles :lol:

El neny, Xhaka, mustafi, Perez, etc etc..

Wenger gave the okay on those signings though. Arteta isn't stupid. He knows what quality we need and which players will offer it. Hence why we signed Willian and Gabriel and are after Aouar and Partey.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Vinai's socks and shoes were highly suspect in that video.

Lester Freamon: We're building something here, detective. We're building it from scratch. All the pieces matter.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If we are driven by statdna, why can we not identify a defensive midfielder who won't cost 50 million like Partey.

Traits are press resistant, physical, defensive awareness and a good first touch.

Partey doesn't have elite passing or attacking play.

I don't get why we can't find the next player.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
If we are driven by statdna, why can we not identify a defensive midfielder who won't cost 50 million like Partey.

Traits are press resistant, physical, defensive awareness and a good first touch.

Because we want the ready made product.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Our targets were identified before Raul and our scouts left.

Auba’s contract
Martinez £20 mil valuation
Our transfer targets (Gabriel and Partey)
Engineering Özil’s exit

All set in motion by Raul, according to the Athletic and other sources. It seems we’ve largely stuck to the script and don’t really have the personnel to deviate from this too much. Saying that, I doubt Aouar was part of the plans though.

Think Stat DNA is going forward, which I’m not a fan of given our previous success stories but we shall see.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom