• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu Gaspar

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I feel the job Edu and the recruitment team has done is criminally underrated. The current squad is lean and balanced, the wage bill sensible and the majority of the squad increasing in value. He has made mistakes, nobody gets it right 100% of the time and we are a light in a couple of positions but I can't remember a time when the majority of our fans were this content with the squad.

I feel it is even more impressive as we have had 6 years out of the Champions League which has made signing 'ready made' players very difficult. We have had to take chances on players who were a little under the radar but with plenty of upside and the recruitment team have got a really high percentage of them spot on.

Can’t argue with this. It was a rocky start but if you look at our squad at the beginning of 19/20 compared to now it’s night and day. They have spent a lot to get to this point, but that’s the modern game.

We are 2/3 more players in the mould of GJ/Saliba away from being a major force imo.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Can see why, Brazil is in another of those eras where any of their prospects seem capable of walking any league and Edu is someone that can get you those prospects

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Correct. Must need help terminating contracts.

Out the twins, I've always preferred him have to be honest. I believed him in his interviews when he was damn near pounding the table talking about making Arsenal great again.

Would be a shame, but he's done well ever since he dropped out KIA so not surprised.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That's fine stability is nice but i hope the club consider bring very experienced member to help him out.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Promotion.
This is interesting. So Edu and Per are now a double team for Academy? Per has done a great job I think, so hopefully this doesn't affect that in any bad way.

Should not of course, but it just looks weird why Edu needs to formally take control of the Academy.

"Edu’s promotion formalises his already growing influence over our Academy operations, and we look forward to Per and Edu working together to strengthen the integration between our men’s first-team and Academy yet further."

It looks like he made an extension at the same time so those rumours that he might leave can be put to bed.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Congratulations to edu but his job to deliver is get more demanding with this role. Now we need to appoint some head of scouting department we need some good experience there even tho our transfers been spot on mostly but edu can't anything by himself

Morning_woody

I kinda thought Edu would go to Barcelona as they have too many washed up players and are in dire need for someone with contract termination skills.

What a day on AM it will be when Saka, Martinelli and Saliba all go for free

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom