• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu & Vinai: The Dream Team

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I said something similar elsewhere, but might as well say it here.

It would help a lot if Edu wasn't regularly forced to negotiate an exit for a player with a cloud over their head. Auba, AMN and Guendouzi should have really been fees, or higher fees than you guys got.

Iwobi is a decent example, was far from the best player at the club and had discipline issues of his own, but Arsène and Emery got the maximum out of him and he was sold for a good fee. The exact same player would be genuinely be worthless under Arteta and just known for partying.

The Auba Barcelona sale needed to happen to shine a light clearly on Edteta's deficiencies as a pairing.
People don’t care about this stuff as long as the new signings keep coming in though. Common response being “it’s not my money”.

Doesn’t take a genius to deduce that our inability to get transfer fees might just have something to do with the squad being left short.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Any word on the contract extensions for Saka, Saliba and Martinelli? If either Saka or Saliba have one year contracts next summer we will be on very dangerous ground especially given our history of selling recently Id be expecting clubs to start tapping them up soon, we might have the year extension for Martinelli but you dont want to be relying on it either.
Saka is pretty much done, I heard rumours about Saliba but he’s the one that’s the biggest worry, he has all the power right now.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Arsenal: All or nothing Season 2

Narrator “ Gabriel Jesus has followed up his golden boot at last year‘s World Cup by adding the Premier League golden boot, making him the most sought after striker in Europe.
Real Madrid, Paris Saint German, Barcelona (now even more bankrupt) , Bayern Munich and Chelsea have all asked Arsenal to name their price, although with the player still having four years on his contract the gunners are in a strong position.
Manager Mikel Arteta has called a meeting with technical director Edu to get his thoughts on the situation.”

MA: “What do you think?”
EG: “The way I see it we have two options, a four year loan or a contract termination”.

Diesel

If Vinai doesnt get a real sponser he will disappear. Thats all im gonna say. Thats the most comfortable looking mother ****er at the club. Terrible sponsorship deals under his watch. How can we send this guy into negotiations ffs.

say yes

forum master baiter
This thread needs a more #respectful title.

I know we love to rinse everyone involved with the club for being incompetent, but Edu deserves a huge amount of credit for our recent development. You're always going to make some mistakes when running a club (e.g. Willian), but he's more than made up for that with some great calls (e.g. Martinelli) and, importantly, I feel he has got almost every big decision right.

Backed the manager 100% when it would have been easy to panic. Completely restructured our scouting operation (remember the uproar?!) and our recruitment is better than ever. Terminated big contracts against conventional wisdom and looks completely vindicated. Has convinced the Kroenke's to spend. And he clearly loves the club and is a visible and engaged presence with fans.

Why isn't he getting more praise?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This thread needs a more #respectful title.

I know we love to rinse everyone involved with the club for being incompetent, but Edu deserves a huge amount of credit for our recent development. You're always going to make some mistakes when running a club (e.g. Willian), but he's more than made up for that with some great calls (e.g. Martinelli) and, importantly, I feel he has got almost every big decision right.

Backed the manager 100% when it would have been easy to panic. Completely restructured our scouting operation (remember the uproar?!) and our recruitment is better than ever. Terminated big contracts against conventional wisdom and looks completely vindicated. Has convinced the Kroenke's to spend. And he clearly loves the club and is a visible and engaged presence with fans.

Why isn't he getting more praise?
Because i guess he just limited without Brazilian market and his inability to sell players but I'll praise him if he succeeded to get Martinelli saka and Saliba sign new contract I'm confident Martinelli and Saka will sign but hopefully he can convince Saliba.

say yes

forum master baiter
Because i guess he just limited without Brazilian market and his inability to sell players but I'll praise him if he succeeded to get Martinelli saka and Saliba sign new contract I'm confident Martinelli and Saka will sign but hopefully he can convince Saliba.
How is he limited? White, Ramsadale, Partey, Jesus, Zinchenko, Vieira, Tomi etc weren’t from Brazil.

Must DoFs don’t have any special scouting knowledge of their own (and indeed, I think the scouting knowledge market is fairly saturated). Fail to see how the fact Edu has insider knowledge of the Brazilian market and has been able to find a few gems is anything but a positive.

Agree we need to get better at selling, but every club has been struggling with that post-covid.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Less stress might stop his balding, but I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Looks a bit like half bald Fox Mulder.

1637924213640-00e1ee8c5747157d5420ab7d50780578.jpeg

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If Vinai doesnt get a real sponser he will disappear. Thats all im gonna say. Thats the most comfortable looking mother ****er at the club. Terrible sponsorship deals under his watch. How can we send this guy into negotiations ffs.

This is the guy that got catfished into making that deal with some fake car company, yeah?

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
This is the guy that got catfished into making that deal with some fake car company, yeah?

Super Vinai does not know what you speak of.

But we have a very nice sponsorship with a groundbreaking, electric car manufacturer in China.

Reactions: A_G

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Edu needs to bring proper world class like Raul did with Saliba to earn redemption

Jesus and Zinchenko are ok but those are players top teams are happy to discard. Bring the players top teams will envy.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Super Vinai does not know what you speak of.

But we have a very nice sponsorship with a groundbreaking, electric car manufacturer in China.
At least he’s not the only one:

TornadoTed

Established Member
I feel the job Edu and the recruitment team has done is criminally underrated. The current squad is lean and balanced, the wage bill sensible and the majority of the squad increasing in value. He has made mistakes, nobody gets it right 100% of the time and we are a light in a couple of positions but I can't remember a time when the majority of our fans were this content with the squad.

I feel it is even more impressive as we have had 6 years out of the Champions League which has made signing 'ready made' players very difficult. We have had to take chances on players who were a little under the radar but with plenty of upside and the recruitment team have got a really high percentage of them spot on.

Top Bottom