• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu & Vinai: The Dream Team

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

City's tactic is usually to overpay, or in this case leverage that Haaland's dad played for them. That's fair. They did also make considerations around promising to not overplay him though, that's pretty niche. But cool let's leave Haaland and City out of it.
City doesn't usually overpay. That was in history. Pep doesn't do it, or do you have some examples?
We're not going to have the upper hand in every transfer, Rice doesn't know Edu. His dad didn't play for Arsenal etc. How are we going to differentiate ourself from the competition? I don't know the answer there but if Edu can be a charming/charismatic business man (something Raul was apparently very good at) then that will help.
Rice will likely want to stay in London, so currently Chelsea and Arsenal have that kind of upper hand for him. Of course I must assume that if he lands Rice, he won't be credited, but Arteta and because it was easy because he wanted to stay in London, or something similar.
In my opinion he doesn't seem to be good at that. He made Shaktar feel disrespected and he's soured things with Brighton. That doesn't fill me with confidence.

Edu doesn't make the call but I expect Edu to have the interpersonal skills to come back and say something like "Hey Josh, I've met with the guys at Brighton/Shaktar and they're not budging on their valuation, let's move on"

He seems unable to be able to identify what's a bluff and what isn't which leads to us wasting time. I don't have any issue with the club sticking to their valuation.
If you want to get player cheaper than the selling club wants to sell a player with a long contract, you have to try to call their bluff. Those negotiations will take time if you don't overpay. Arsenal will pay up only those players who they rate high enough to do it, like the White deal.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
This 💯

Shakhtar were like those nobody’s who suddenly win the lottery and get rich and all they want is some acknowledgement from some “old money” to validate their imposter complex. A face to face would have gone a looong way. It may not have sealed the deal, but it would have told me that we were making the right kind of moves.

Maybe after first bid he just wanted to drive CFc’s price up. That is what i would do make the pound of fresh as large as possible. People don’t fly into f ing Donetsk during war time for the privilege of bidding 80-100 million on a tosser with 12 goals.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

City doesn't usually overpay. That was in history. Pep doesn't do it, or do you have some examples?
The era of 50M fullbacks springs to mind. They don't overpay as much now because of their reputation and manager but they do come in with pretty healthy starting bids. Doesn't matter anyway.
Rice will likely want to stay in London, so currently Chelsea and Arsenal have that kind of upper hand for him. Of course I must assume that if he lands Rice, he won't be credited, but Arteta and because it was easy because he wanted to stay in London, or something similar.
Rice won't be taken from him, that's a big transfer. Although interest from other clubs has cooled he's a big name and I'd be surprised if we get a free run at him. Somebody like Leao/Bellingham though? If he pulls that off then he really is that guy.
If you want to get player cheaper than the selling club wants to sell a player with a long contract, you have to try to call their bluff.
But sometimes the selling club isn't bluffing and I'd want my negotiator to be able to tell when that's the case. That's a very key part of his role. Caicedo was a dead end, we wasted time, and time always finds a way to equal money. In this case Chelsea probably squeezed a few M out of us as it was deadline day.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Maybe after first bid he just wanted to drive CFc’s price up. That is what i would do make the pound of fresh as large as possible. People don’t fly into f ing Donetsk during war time for the privilege of bidding 80-100 million on a tosser with 12 goals.

CFC didn’t go to Donetsk. They invited them to London. But either way you’re right, that’s definitely possible. I’m just saying you can’t/shouldn’t use the same technique to get all deals across the line. Different counterparts need different techniques. Gotta vary your game up.

1675356278260.gif

Farzad Stoned

CFC didn’t go to Donetsk. They invited them to London. But either way you’re right, that’s definitely possible. I’m just saying you can’t/shouldn’t use the same technique to get all deals across the line. Different counterparts need different techniques. Gotta vary your game up.

View attachment 12856
That is what i mean you know this stuff that is why i am a bit miffed you jumped to some pretty emotional and in my opinion off base assumptions

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I'm not sure the club would work it's employees and pay lawyers just to drive Chelsea's price up. This is real life :lol:

Also it was Poland or London where they met or something.

Farzad Stoned

View attachment 12856
Plus you don’t know what Shaktar is saying is correct could of been a fig leaf and PR for sheer avarice they just throw out there. I am sure Edu would have had a sit down with them in London. He has good relationships we bought 3 players from Brighton they are the ones who have to worry about losing us as a big buyer

drippin

The era of 50M fullbacks springs to mind. They don't overpay as much now because of their reputation and manager but they do come in with pretty healthy starting bids. Doesn't matter anyway.
That's fair enough. But Cancelo was 19/20, and maybe not that big of an overpay? Maybe it was. Walker wasn't an overpay imo. Mendy for sure was but that was 17/18. So I still stand my point that current City doesn't usually overpay like you said.
Rice won't be taken from him, that's a big transfer. Although interest from other clubs has cooled he's a big name and I'd be surprised if we get a free run at him. Somebody like Leao/Bellingham though? If he pulls that off then he really is that guy.
Okay, great to hear.
But sometimes the selling club isn't bluffing and I'd want my negotiator to be able to tell when that's the case. That's a very key part of his role. Caicedo was a dead end, we wasted time, and time always finds a way to equal money. In this case Chelsea probably squeezed a few M out of us as it was deadline day.
What does it matter if we "wasted time", when Athletic said that apart from Caicedo and Zubimendi (who were basically impossible in January), Jorginho was Arteta's favourite target from the other possible options? Besides, we can't know it Chelsea would have sold him earlier, without having more guarantees that they get Enzo.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I get your point. Edu has not made "big deals" in your guys opinions (which I disagree with somewhat), so you fear that he isn't able to do them in the summer in totally different circumstances than before. Not sure why you claim I have not understood it, I just said it.

I have tried to explain a thousand times why you can't yet make conclusions about Edu, while some even want to fire him now. And I have said I won't argue about it anymore, because it's of no use as your fears are what they are, and I can't help alleviate them more than I have tried to already.

Not sure why you go into personal insults that I have some problems, when the evidence is there in this thread.

Me saying you're unable to understand what we're saying is not meant to be an insult. There's a myriad of reasons why you may be the way you are, it merely echos what @Trilly said on his other post where you argue a point that no one is making to the death.

A personal insult would be saying "are you stupid/an idiot for not getting it?".

It just boggles the mind that you have gotten our point all along but keep arguing stuff like "we're not giving Edu credit" or that "we're calling him bad for the caicedo deal." when a) we haven't said that b) we have given Edu credit where it's due.

Farzad Stoned

Yeah I'm not sure the club would work it's employees and pay lawyers just to drive Chelsea's price up. This is real life :lol:

Also it was Poland or London where they met or something.

I think it is Bs this is about big paydays not the personal touch of a London sit down that you don’t know the details of.
Ps us bidding unsuccessfully for Murdyk cost Chelsea 20-30 percent more. Great enjoy your 80-100 million pound we will see you at the chelsea firesale in summer where we picked up Jorginho for a song. Maybe we can get Koulibaly for 20 million

drippin

Me saying you're unable to understand what we're saying is not meant to be an insult. There's a myriad of reasons why you may be the way you are, it merely echos what @Trilly said on his other post where you argue a point that no one is making to the death.

A personal insult would be saying "are you stupid/an idiot for not getting it?".

It just boggles the mind that you have gotten our point all along but keep arguing stuff like "we're not giving Edu credit" or that "we're calling him bad for the caicedo deal." when a) we haven't said that b) we have given Edu credit where it's due.
You said I'm making it personal, which I have not made. You also said it's always about winning for me, which is an assumption accusation based on your view about it. You have no idea why I argue about different matters. You try to paint me as having problems like this, so you make it personal, not me.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

That is what i mean you know this stuff that is why i am a bit miffed you jumped to some pretty emotional and in my opinion off base assumptions
I was 100% emotional! I clarified the next day and said Jorginho was a good transfer in the circumstances. But MY BROTHER is a Chelsea fan. You won’t believe the stick I got. Although I imagine it pales in comparison to @Riou whos dad is a Chelsea fan. Poor lad. Anyway I’m allowed to be emotion fk off lol

Farzad Stoned

I was 100% emotional! I clarified the next day and said Jorginho was a good transfer in the circumstances. But MY BROTHER is a Chelsea fan. You won’t believe the stick I got. Although I imagine it pales in comparison to @Riou whos dad is a Chelsea fan. Poor lad. Anyway I’m allowed to be emotion fk off lol
Ok the context of it makes more understandable but i just expected a little numbers nous from you but i get it now, why you went off half cocked

drippin

You said I'm making it personal, which I have not made. You also said it's always about winning for me, which is an assumption accusation based on your view about it. You have no idea why I argue about different matters. You try to paint me as having problems like this, so you make it personal, not me.
This stuff really has no place in an argument. "Oh why are you so pitiful, that you always only argue to win others, why do you have such an ego?" This is the personal insult that it suggested.

I argue about Edu, because in my opinion there isn't much to fear yet as I have explained. I want that there won't be this "Edu out" energy going on in Arsenal during this season when everything is going so well.

I don't even want you guys to fear something that in my opinion has only minor basis for it, because next summer the circumstances are totally different in many ways.

But yeah, I'm just an egoistic person who loves to argue because I want to win.

In arguments, you're not supposed to go into guessing the other person's motivations out loud, because it has nothing to do with the subject and you can only make guesses about them.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Ok the context of it makes more understandable but i just expected a little numbers nous from you but i get it now, why you went off half cocked
Idk how deals get done in football. Back when I started my career though before everything became algorithmic and automated all the big trades were done over the phone. I knew all of the big brokers, down to how they liked their steak, their favourite drink, recreational drug of choice and stripclub. Thankfully we’re in a much more civilised era now but my point is being personable and nailing the details is hugely important to getting deals across the line. I hope our negotiators get this point. I’m not convinced they do…

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

This stuff really has no place in an argument. "Oh why are you so pitiful, that you always only argue to win others, why do you have such an ego?" This is the personal insult that it suggested.

I argue about Edu, because in my opinion there isn't much to fear yet as I have explained. I want that there won't be this "Edu out" energy going on in Arsenal during this season when everything is going so well.

I don't even want you guys to fear something that in my opinion has only minor basis for it, because next summer the circumstances are totally different in many ways.

But yeah, I'm just an egoistic person who loves to argue because I want to win.

In arguments, you're not supposed to go into guessing the other person's motivations out loud, because it has nothing to do with the subject and you can only make guesses about them.
It’s not worth getting your knickers in a twist over, mate. No good will come of it.

We all are here on a forum pretending we have a greater knowledge on processes we know nothing about. **** chatting and circle jerking are the observed patterns. It’s meant to be a fun ride.

Even if you feel someone’s made it personal, it’s best to not take it too personally!

Farzad Stoned

Idk how deals get done in football. Back when I started my career though before everything became algorithmic and automated all the big trades were done over the phone. I knew all of the big brokers, down to how they liked their steak, their favourite drink, recreational drug of choice and stripclub. Thankfully we’re in a much more civilised era now but my point is being personable and nailing the details is hugely important to getting deals across the line. I hope our negotiators get this point. I’m not convinced they do…

I think you underestimate Arsenal as an institution. We aren’t the biggest bank in world football but we are one of the biggest but also the oldest ongoing football money club i am aware of. Last time we were new money was the 20s, 1920s. We are class through and through. Edu didn’t say cr.p in media or social media despite mad antics from the other parties. That is Arsenal class mate, we got it in spades and our reputation in world football as a club is stellar. Look at Levy no one will do business with the guy unless they got to; think of us like a multi century rich bank. There are a lot of things new money will do that lets say Chase Manhattan won’t and it is usually to our benefit not our detriment in the business world

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

In other news I’ve discovered @farzad4daarse ’s weakness. I always thought he was imperviously thick skinned but it turns out if you insult something he loves then that armour gets pierced. I don’t know what you hold dear other than Arsenal bro, but it will be my life’s mission to find out 😘

Farzad Stoned

In other news I’ve discovered @farzad4daarse ’s weakness. I always thought he was imperviously thick skinned but it turns out if you insult something he loves then that armour gets pierced. I don’t know what you hold dear other than Arsenal bro, but it will be my life’s mission to find out 😘
P.ssy, there you go now you can say you attained your life’s mission lol. Like there was a mystery to my answer 😂

Bro as to thin skinned, i am freaking mental; I am like Mary’s brother In Something About Mary in one sense, he didn’t like to have his ears touched. I got certain triggers and people who touch my ears so to speak get me into full SOB mode in 60 seconds flat

drippin

It’s not worth getting your knickers in a twist over, mate. No good will come of it.

We all are here on a forum pretending we have a greater knowledge on processes we know nothing about. **** chatting and circle jerking are the observed patterns. It’s meant to be a fun ride.

Even if you feel someone’s made it personal, it’s best to not take it too personally!
For sure. I didn't take it personally, you won't survive here if you take.

Just explained why the mod went to personal things himself while he accused me of doing it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom