• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu & Vinai: The Dream Team

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
For sure. I didn't take it personally, you won't survive here if you take.

Just explained why the mod went to personal things himself while he accused me of doing it.

It’s not worth getting your knickers in a twist over, mate. No good will come of it.

We all are here on a forum pretending we have a greater knowledge on processes we know nothing about. **** chatting and circle jerking are the observed patterns. It’s meant to be a fun ride.

Even if you feel someone’s made it personal, it’s best to not take it too personally!

He is pretty thick skin to be fair i did compare the guy to Hitler kind of indirectly with my usual comic twist and he just let it slide. I didn’t much respect his posts before this transfer window but i agree with his analysis this January, frankly he is one of few on here who did not lose his mind in silly season.

I am not pumping him up anymore don’t want people thinking i am a soft touch not good for the rep you know.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Nah. Wages have as much to do with age/experience as anything else. Endrick is going to Real for 60m or whatever and will be on 40k a week. If Mudryk joined us he would have been on 80k or sth. Declan Rice, I can’t see him being above 175-200k tbh, if he demands that I’d think twice (I’m already somewhat on the fence). Camavinga is on 130k, I’d like to think he’d be fine with below 200k.

Also bear in mind Jesus is on 265k within our wage structure…
I agree players with Declan or Caceido profiles make sense and are doable for the club, hence why we were in for them. But I think when you were mentioning 150M signing it was obviously alluding to Bellingham. He or other players of his calibre are not coming here for less than 300-350k.

Completely wrong. We've paid Auba and Özil 350kpw in recent years.

The whole point of clearing the wage bill was so that we could reinvest those wages on players who deserve them. I think Edu even said this.
Auba and Özil are irrelevant to the point. I didn't say the club can't afford to do it, it just wouldn't make sense to have that large of a gaps between your highest earner and the rest of the squad. When Saka renews he'll be under 200k, you think someone like Bellingham coming and being on 350k is going to be acceptable to the rest of the squad? I just don't see it.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I agree players with Declan or Caceido profiles make sense and are doable for the club, hence why we were in for them. But I think when you were mentioning 150M signing it was obviously alluding to Bellingham. He or other players of his calibre are not coming here for less than 300-350k.

Auba and Özil are irrelevant to the point. I didn't say the club can't afford to do it, it just wouldn't make sense to have that large of a gaps between your highest earner and the rest of the squad. When Saka renews he'll be under 200k, you think someone like Bellingham coming and being on 350k is going to be acceptable to the rest of the squad? I just don't see it.

We all are here on a forum pretending we have a greater knowledge on processes we know nothing about. **** chatting and circle jerking are the observed patterns. It’s meant to be a fun ride.

Even if you feel someone’s made it personal, it’s best to not take it too personally!

You think saliba and Saka will cost us less when we resign. Our wage bill is low because we got s bunch of babies that will change hopefully very shortly. Ps don’t want rice or Bellingham for numbers bandied about

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Obviously pure speculation but I think wherever bellingham goes he will be on 250k or thereabouts

I mean Modric is on £275k a week… Haaland and Mbappe have skewed people’s expectations of what young talents salaries should be but they are clear outliers imo. We’ll see I guess.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is a very good point, and why Arsenal tried to go for players that earn relatively little currently. Helps with FFP.

Let's say Arsenal tries Bellingham, but it won't work because Arsenal has, let's say currently 300k per week limit to their players told by the board, and let's say Bellingham wants that 350k per week.

It's very difficult in the sense also that if you give a ~20 year old 350k per week (which Casemiro got), imagine what amount you have to offer him later to keep him. Next time it's maybe 100-200k more, and next renewal even more if the player progresses like expected.

Arsenal not willing to pay those wages would be also blamed on Edu, because we can't know why transfers won't always work, and can't find proof for it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

If you have actually read them then I have to say I’m surprised that’s all you’ve managed to discern… I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and summarise.

Everyone thinks we’ve done an amazing job to get to where we are. Edu has played his role here and played it well. The squad is assembled now. Going forwards we only need one or two top top level signings. The 100-150m level kind of signings, as only they would be good enough to elevate our first 11, because that is just how good our first 11 is right now.

Some here are confident that Edu will pull off what is required in this new paradigm. Some are apprehensive. Those of us who are nervous point to the fact that Edteta haven’t made any established top top signings so far (Jesus may or may not fall into this category tbf) as a reason for our nervousness.

This summer will be the first time where we need to effectively bring in a first 11 quality of player from a position of strength. Our midfield is aging and both Partey and Xhaka need to be replaced (more the former imo). Again, some of us are confident we’ll pull it off. Some are nervous. Let’s see what happens. Fingers and toes are all crossed.

This project, like all projects, is a cycle. I personally don’t see it lasting more than 4/5 years. That gives us 3/4 summer windows to bring in the level of player that can take us to the summit of European football. There’s no room or time here for sentimentality and resting on our laurels. Blink and you will miss it. So… if Edu can’t deliver on the next phase of his assignments we should replace him with someone who can.

We’re NOT saying we should have paid ridiculous sums for Caicedo in January. We ARE saying we need to hit the nail on the head this summer with no excuses. We’ve got 6 months to put feelers out and work out who is attainable and at what price point.

@Bagels - who gave a pitch perfect example of how to enter a discussion mid way with humility btw- this summary is also for you bro.
This is just such a strained way of arguing to be allowed to complain and question the work we are doing in our recruitment. You basically have nothing to complain about and instead you are creating this future scenario which Edu will potentially be poor at handling.

I also find these comments on humility somewhat grating. Let’s keep the importance of this fan forum in its right place.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

This is just such a strained way of arguing to be allowed to complain and question the work we are doing in our recruitment. You basically have nothing to complain about and instead you are creating this future scenario which Edu will potentially be poor at handling.

I also find these comments on humility somewhat grating. Let’s keep the importance of this fan forum in its right place.
Congratulations. You’ve now managed to add precisely zero value to this thread in 3 posts. I might not agree with @farzad4daarse and @drippin on everything but at least they engage. You’re something else. Must get lonely up there sometimes.

drippin

Exactly, this is why the whole conversation was so weird and went in circles.

One member wanted to sack him straight away or without giving him a chance to do transfers for a UCL Arsenal (which confused matters as this was the reason I started arguing), and others say he does a fine job (because it later turned out they don't blame him for the January #1 target misses, or Vlahovic, or Raphinha), but expect him to fail in the summer because in their opinion there is zero evidence for Edu pulling difficult transfers off.

But all good, everyone got their opinion out.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Honestly, it's harsh because he has done some decent stuff and is maybe overly maligned at times but I'd bin Edu off now. Get someone with a track record and pedigree in place for the summer when we're after Rice or whoever.

This is what I posted to kick all this stuff off. I even admitted it would be harsh to sack Edu and said he'd done some decent stuff.

How that quote has kicked off page after page of arguments its beyond me :lol:

Some people may not agree with my assessment and that's fair enough but it's a perfectly defendable position.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Congratulations. You’ve now managed to add precisely zero value to this thread in 3 posts. I might not agree with @farzad4daarse and @drippin on everything but at least they engage. You’re something else. Must get lonely up there sometimes.
It’s you who initiated this interaction with me, not the other way around. Just follow the posts backwards.

I think my point is the correct one. Just reread your own post where you lay out your reasoning and tell me it isn’t what I say it is, just with more words. You clearly want to find something to complain about with regards to our transfer policy. So now the focus is on future potential transfers.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

It’s you who initiated this interaction with me, not the other way around. Just follow the posts backwards.

I think my point is the correct one. Just reread your own post where you lay out your reasoning and tell me it isn’t what I say it is, just with more words. You clearly want to find something to complain about with regards to our transfer policy. So now the focus is on future potential transfers.

Ok then mate. I forgot we’re not allowed to voice concerns about the future of Arsenal Football Club on a forum dedicated to Arsenal Football Club. I’ll bear this in mind.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
This stuff really has no place in an argument. "Oh why are you so pitiful, that you always only argue to win others, why do you have such an ego?" This is the personal insult that it suggested.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, had a life to take care of.

So your answer to not wanting to be right all the time is writing five paragraphs about it trying to prove it?

🤔

But yeah, I'm just an egoistic person who loves to argue because I want to win.

No one said that. All that was said is that people who debate with you get the impression that you need to be proven right and they have said as much too you, two of them (myself excluded) on this very thread.

We're not the ones wanting "to mock" people over it if Edu signs a guy like Rice. You are.

And just to make it absolutely clear: no one called you an egotistic person.

I don't even want you guys to fear something that in my opinion has only minor basis for it, because next summer the circumstances are totally different in many ways.

We don't fear it, we see it as a challange to Edu next season, the next step he needs to take. We've seen enough to think that *maybe* he will have trouble rising to said challange, but we're all on record stating we want him to succeed, despite any reservations we might have about him.

I want that there won't be this "Edu out" energy going on in Arsenal during this season when everything is going so well.

FOR THE UPTEENTH TIME: Nobody said they actively wants him sacked. @Blood on the Tracks at most said he would sack Edu *if* there was a situation we could get someone better than him as DoF. It's a hypothetical. And yet you keep saying he wanted him sacked straight away, if I'm not mistaken?

There's no real Edu Out brigade, at most people are being a OTT and joking about it. What happens here in A-M has no real effect in the real world. Josh is not sacking him because of a few over the top comments.

Have a good day.

El Duderino

Confused The Point GIF by Travis

drippin

This is what I posted to kick all this stuff off. I even admitted it would be harsh to sack Edu and said he'd done some decent stuff.

How that quote has kicked off page after page of arguments its beyond me :lol:

Some people may not agree with my assessment and that's fair enough but it's a perfectly defendable position.
It's one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard, but you're free to have that opinion and think it's defendable.

drippin

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, had a life to take care of.

So you're answer to not wanting to be right all the time is writing five paragraphs about it trying to prove it?

🤔

No one said that. All that was said is that people who debate with you get the impression that you need to be proven right and they have said as much too you, two of them (myself excluded) on this very thread.

We're not the ones wanting "to mock" people over it if Edu signs a guy like Rice. You are.

And just to make it absolutely clear: no one called you an egotistic person.

We don't fear it, we see it as a challange to Edu next season, the next step he needs to take. We've seen enough to think that *maybe* he will have trouble rising to said challange, but we're all on record stating we want him to succeed, despite any reservations we might have about him.

FOR THE UPTEENTH TIME: Nobody said they actively wants him sacked. @Blood on the Tracks at most said he would sack Edu *if* there was a situation we could get someone better than him as DoF. It's a hypothetical. And yet you keep saying he wanted him sacked straight away, if I'm not mistaken?

There's no real Edu Out brigade, at most people are being a OTT and joking about it. What happens here in A-M has no real effect in the real world. Josh is not sacking him because of a few over the top comments.

Have a good day.
No one said it, but you suggested it by speculating into my motives for arguing, that I want always to win, which is not even true. But I can understand you can't admit it.

Yes I will defend my viewpoints strongly, but that is totally different than being there for winning it as the only aim. I aim for truth always, and want to hear other people's viewpoints as truth is very often found in between opinions of different people.

I do banter on this forum and I said you can mock me too. It's part of the fun here. If I have to explain my points so much, I will remind others about the earlier arguments and hope others do the same for me so we would learn and remember. So it would be a bit easier in the future to go about these conversations.

Hypothetical situation or not, he suggested it. It doesn't take his super silly (imo) suggestion away which is why I started arguing. He could have said it's all totally hypothetical and don't take it seriously, but he didn't.

Have a good day.

El Duderino

No one said it, but you suggested it by speculating into my motives for arguing, that I want always to win, which is not even true. But I can understand you can't admit it.

Yes I will defend my viewpoints strongly, but that is totally different than being there for winning it as the only aim. I aim for truth always, and want to hear other people's viewpoints as truth is very often found in between opinions of different people.

I do banter on this forum and I said you can mock me too. It's part of the fun here. If I have to explain my points so much, I will remind others about the earlier arguments and hope others do the same for me so we would learn and remember. So it would be a bit easier in the future to go about these conversations.

Hypothetical situation or not, he suggested it. It doesn't take his super silly (imo) suggestion away which is why I started arguing. He could have said it's all totally hypothetical and don't take it seriously, but he didn't.

Have a good day.

I didn't suggest it :lol: that's all on your head. My word...

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Have a good day.

Mate, I'm not Stan or Josh Kroenke so my opinion is hypothetical because I'm in no position to make it reality.

The closest I have to control over anything Arsenal related is shouting at Arteta and the players when we're playing on TV and guess what? They don't listen to me there either :lol:

Don't worry Arsenal aren't going to replace Edu just because I've written it on a football forum so I wouldn't take it all too seriously :lol:

drippin

I didn't suggest it :lol: that's all on your head. My word...
Well next time don't go into speculating why other people do something in arguments, if you can't understand it. That's not they way to argue, stick to the subject, not the person.

Top Bottom