• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eduardo Camavinga

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhil

Im not saying we will sign 2 central midfielders, but in terms of numbers, we definitely need that amount to get through a season, be it keeping Xhaka or the like.

Do you think we could get through a season with Partey, Bissouma, Willock & Azeez for instance? You'd be quite happy for a central midfield pairing of Willock & Azeez for a month? And if 1 gets injured or the likes?!
The 5th option would be Chambers or ESR. I already said it in the original post.

Why should you be thinking that we will have to play them there in an emergency though? We need 4 quality CM options and then one like Azeez who is coming through.

He'll never play under someone like Arteta. Seems to favor seniority over anything else.

Olivier_Giroud

LOL... Talented, young and French.... This will end well.. We will buy him for good money then loan him and never see him again. Let us never forget that we have a very vile creature pretending to be manager who always has this sick, sick agenda against these types...

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
I’m just confused as to why he would choose Arsenal over a number of other teams.

Arteta needs to get a very good assistant manager to open up our creativity if we really want to get some top-top-quality players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

he tier 1 for real madrid news not sure how we going to priced him out unless Kroenke give us money and we'll convince join us ahead of 2 powerhouse in europe.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I saw most big teams were only willing to pay 25M euros, he does have a year left on his deal so in that sense we could probably outdo all of those teams. Interesting one to keep an eye on.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
For an 18 year old it's not as cut and shut as that. If he's advised we'll he should be told to join a club like Arsenal first. Similar to what Haaland done.

Let's play Aubamawang

He only has to look at Ødegaard to see how much playing time a young CM is likely to get there. They may look to get younger at the position, but I would imagine they'd want someone more experienced to step in... Helloooo Ceballos. Developing that useless twit so they take him back and don't need Ødegaard/Camavinga. Edu you beautiful bastard!

Bloodbather

Established Member

For an 18 year old it's not as cut and shut as that. If he's advised we'll he should be told to join a club like Arsenal first. Similar to what Haaland done.
Unfortunately, Arsenal doesn't have the reputation Borussia Dortmund does for developing talent anymore. Wenger built that reputation, it gradually declined near the end of his tenure and was completely gone when he left. We are far too chaotic of a football club at this point to be attractive as a stepping stone club for wonderkids.

ChefMan21

Unfortunately, Arsenal doesn't have the reputation Borussia Dortmund does for developing talent anymore. Wenger built that reputation, it gradually declined near the end of his tenure and was completely gone when he left. We are far too chaotic of a football club at this point to be attractive as a stepping stone club for wonderkids.
Saka, ESR, and Martinelli appear to be coming along well?

ChefMan21

Saka and ESR are academy products, Martinelli was brought in from a Brazilian lower division. Talking about a different issue here. We have trouble attracting highly-touted wonderkids like we used to with the likes of Fabregas, Alex Song, Diaby, Fran Merida etc.
Sure, but we can still develop youngsters, I don't think that has changed.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Sure, but we can still develop youngsters, I don't think that has changed.
I didn't say we can't develop youngsters. I said we don't have the reputation Borussia Dortmund does for developing talent. BVB's thing in recent years has been taking highly-touted talent, polishing them and selling them off to bigger clubs. Their repeated success in this regard is the reason why highly-touted talents like Sancho, Haaland and Bellingham keep choosing them. It's a different approach. Our academy is better than BVB, so our thing is more to produce youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom