• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eduardo Camavinga

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Got to agree with Hairspray. If you are playing Pogba in a double pivot, ideally you'd want someone disciplined beside him. Camavinga has excellent tackling numbers, but on the ball he's more box to box, running through midfield than passing & maintaining his position.

He might be coached into playing a more disciplined game, but you'd be taking a bit away from his game then.

Good thread on your forum.

Pogba needed Matuidi and Kante in France 2018. He also needed Rabiot and Kane this year.

Ideally, if you want to play Pogba in midfield, you play him with a DM and box to box. Signing one DM was never enough in the first place.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Pogba needed Matuidi and Kante in France 2018. He also needed Rabiot and Kane this year.

Ideally, if you want to play Pogba in midfield, you play him with a DM and box to box. One DM was never enough in the first place.

Camavinga is quite simply a long term Pogba replacement. Whether pogba sees out his contract or not, its a replacement for him.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Camavinga is quite simply a long term Pogba replacement. Whether pogba sees out his contract or not, its a replacement for him.

Yes long term. But you said we can’t sign Camavinga if we don’t sell Pogba. The fact is that we could easily sign Camavinga without selling Pogba.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes long term. But you said we can’t sign Camavinga if we don’t sell Pogba.

Not can't in the sense that it's impossible. I reckon you could well loan Camavinga back if Pogba stays. I just cannot see Ole playing them together as he will be use Macciez Sauce or Fred.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Juventus used Pogba the best, a deep playmaker in Pirlo and then 2 box to box midfielders in him and Vidal...you can't fit Bruno and Pogba into a midfield 3 regardless of who the DM is, way too offensive.

He's like Özil in many ways...big defensive deficiencies, but quality to watch on the ball.

Last edited:

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Not can't in the sense that it's impossible. I reckon you could well loan Camavinga back if Pogba stays. I just cannot see Ole playing them together as he will be use Macciez Sauce or Fred.

For long term Camavinga might be Pogba’s replacement but for next season they don’t have to play together to be fair.

We have European comp so rotation is still needed, injuries can occur, and Pogba can still play on the left too if we have injuries on LW. Look at Chelsea and City, they have crazy squad depth, why can’t we strengthen our squad depth?

McT - Pogba
OR
Camavinga - Fred

Pogba leaving, we can still sign another one. Pogba staying, we can still sign Camavinga.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Pogba can leave and in my opinion should leave since he doesn’t suit the way how we set up. But the point is that Camavinga’s transfer doesn’t depend on Pogba because if Pogba leaves, it doesn’t mean we won’t sign another midfielder to replace Pogba after Camavinga. If Pogba stays, it also doesn’t mean we can’t sign Camavinga.
Camavinga is a kid. He won’t have much impact on United next season and will probably be slowly introduced. Central midfield is your weakness and Fred and mctom are ok players. But not players you can challenge the league with

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
United signing this guy for 30 million Euros. Why are we not in for him? Or are we going for Renato (who flopped here btw). Sad to see
Doesn’t want to come here. The project is not exciting. You have a manger that should be sacked and a club that looks like it has a gruelling job to get back into the top 4.

Goonger

Doesn’t want to come here. The project is not exciting. You have a manger that should be sacked and a club that looks like it has a gruelling job to get back into the top 4.

Does it not get boring moaning about the manager in every player thread. Not just aiming at you specifically, but every thread basically eventually boils down to Arteta is ****e & Edu is ****e. Feck me, its from reading all the time.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Don't know why Camavinga would go to United at this point in his career. Or indeed PSG. After an 'ok' season this year, he sure as hell needs to go somewhere where he will get a lot of game time, and unless both clubs shed a lot of fat, that won't happen there. Utd couldn't even get minutes for DVDB even when Pogba was injured. Don't know if we are Ideal, but for long term career planning we are by far a better option at this stage, because he will get regular games at the elite level at a club that WILL sell him to the likes of Juve, Madrid, Barca etc if he kicks on and their funds recover. Particularly as the biggest squad need we have is for a mobile left footed CM

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Don't know why Camavinga would go to United at this point in his career. Or indeed PSG. After an 'ok' season this year, he sure as hell needs to go somewhere where he will get a lot of game time, and unless both clubs shed a lot of fat, that won't happen there. Utd couldn't even get minutes for DVDB even when Pogba was injured. Don't know if we are Ideal, but for long term career planning we are by far a better option at this stage, because he will get regular games at the elite level at a club that WILL sell him to the likes of Juve, Madrid, Barca etc if he kicks on and their funds recover. Particularly as the biggest squad need we have is for a mobile left footed CM

Why wouldn't he get a lot of game time at United? Even at this stage of his career surely you'd trust him over one of Fred/McTominay in that double pivot, he's just got too many standout qualities not to start his fair share of games.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Does it not get boring moaning about the manager in every player thread. Not just aiming at you specifically, but every thread basically eventually boils down to Arteta is ****e & Edu is ****e. Feck me, its from reading all the time.
The amount of people I've had to block because every comment in every thread is to that effect is tiresome.

Is Arteta perfect? No. BUt the biggest reason top 4 is hard is that City,, Utd & Chelsea have got squads built by spending billions, and so the leaves 1 spot for everyone else to fight over. Sure Pre-Xmas was ****, but since then the form was top 4. All the signings we've made under these two bar WIllian have made sense. And While the Saliba situation is frustrating, I don't see any other top clubs making 20 year olds first choice centre-backs. Closest is De Ligt, who was a phenom at Ajax and has struggles at Juve and just screwed his own country in the EUROs

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Why wouldn't he get a lot of game time at United? Even at this stage of his career surely you'd trust him over one of Fred/McTominay in that double pivot, he's just got too many standout qualities not to start his fair share of games.
Fred just had his best season and McTominay is beloved up there (and is a goal threat). More importantly I think OGS is a clown who just happens to have a lot of very very good players, and reverts to safety first under pressure.

Did anyone see DVDB being stapled to the bench all year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom