• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eduardo Camavinga

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Bayern spent €50M on Upamecano already, & €15M to get Hassenhutl in. They were linked to Neuhaus this window as well but their local journalists have dismissed that because they don't think they'd be able to afford him this window, so they say thats more likely for 2022. I don't see how they can afford Camavinga at another €50M.

Bayern has ZERO debt, in fact, they have cash reserves. Real has 900m, Barca 1200m DEBT.

It's another matter if they push through or not, the money issue certainly is rather for the others. They have been as much linked as the others + dont need a big attacking signing.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we somehow land this awesome mofo, then we MUST slap a 100m completely payable upfront release clause on him.

He will use Arsenal as a training club for the bigger boys, and that's fine... if that means we get him in.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Bissouma and Partey are both too similar. Elite (potential) as a DM but good enough to play no8 at a decent level.

Not sure why most of AM wants both, they would make us ridiculously difficult to beat if we played them both together but they wouldn’t fix our main issue which is regulate getting the ball to our attackers in dangerous areas.

Don’t think that’s out issue really and I think both of them have way more a skill set than just a DM. Our problem is not having a striker to play off, a 10 who can actually create or a RB that can add an attacking threat. Plus imo, both Bissouma and Partey have been asked to plan a specific role, but there skill set would allow much more than that.

I mean I think they partner well, provided those in front and to the sides are talented.

ScotsGooner89

If we somehow land this awesome mofo, then we MUST slap a 100m completely payable upfront release clause on him.

He will use Arsenal as a training club for the bigger boys, and that's fine... if that means we get him in.
Why any release clause? We aren’t in Spain.

We’re not getting him anyway and it’d probably be a mistake anyhow.

Goonger

Bayern has ZERO debt, in fact, they have cash reserves. Real has 900m, Barca 1200m DEBT.

It's another matter if they push through or not, the money issue certainly is rather for the others. They have been as much linked as the others + dont need a big attacking signing.

Precisely. They are run very well as a business, they don't overspend, they wait until the right deal at the right price becomes available, & don't mind waiting 12 months for that to happen.

They didn't overspend to get Werner when they were heavily linked, & likewise Havertz when there was interest, because it just didn't meet their financial model.

Now, I might be totally wrong here, but as I said, local journalists are now saying Bayern will now likely have have to sell to buy anyone significant, there's even blogs saying how they might be able to raise funds for another signing, but it will be difficult.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Bissouma and Partey are both too similar. Elite (potential) as a DM but good enough to play no8 at a decent level.

Not sure why most of AM wants both, they would make us ridiculously difficult to beat if we played them both together but they wouldn’t fix our main issue which is regulate getting the ball to our attackers in dangerous areas.

@Trilly Bang on the money with this post.

What’s the point in throwing 30m down the drain for Bissouma when we’ve already got Partey? Squad depth? Because it’s either Partey or Bissouma plus Xhaka, they’re too similar to play together. We’re not Sheikh Mansour FC or Chelski who can sign these players then throw them on the bench.

Our squad is so unbalanced and this is one of the reasons why it is. We just spend unnecessarily and have an inexperienced manager that gets bored of his shiny new toys like a little child.

We need a no 8 and 10 (hopefully when Ødegaard goes back to Spain).

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Wishlisted this guy. He likes Arsenal btw. Has a picture of Arsenal an Rennes in his room. What is the point though? Arteta would just loan him out.
Only for few months as he will be sacked. Also he has same agent as bale which means it’s never gonna happen

Bloodbather

Established Member

You'd need a proper creative hub ahead of them to make it work. Can't just sign Bissouma and leave it at that.

Partey and Bissouma are both good progressors of the ball, so I think it could work. The reason many (including myself) want them together despite their similarities is precisely what you said - they'd give us that rock solid presence in midfield we haven't had since Gilberto and Vieira.

Bloodbather

Established Member

If people genuinely think we have a shot at Camavinga, they are out of touch with his profile as a prospect. He's near Mbappé at Monaco level. He looked a difference maker for France at the age of 17.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
We’re not signing Camivinga. He’s going Madrid or Bayern and that’s that. We don’t have the finances and we are not going to kill off the careers of Azeez and Patino.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If people genuinely think we have a shot at Camavinga, they are out of touch with his profile as a prospect. He's near Mbappé at Monaco level. He looked a difference maker for France at the age of 17.
Tbh his stock has taken a bit of a hit this season. He hasn’t hit the heights of last season.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Tbh his stock has taken a bit of a hit this season. He hasn’t hit the heights of last season.
The guy was born in November 2002. A full year younger than Saka who is a prodigy himself. Inconsistency is inevitable at that age.

GunnerShy

@Trilly Bang on the money with this post.

What’s the point in throwing 30m down the drain for Bissouma when we’ve already got Partey? Squad depth? Because it’s either Partey or Bissouma plus Xhaka, they’re too similar to play together. We’re not Sheikh Mansour FC or Chelski who can sign these players then throw them on the bench.

Our squad is so unbalanced and this is one of the reasons why it is. We just spend unnecessarily and have an inexperienced manager that gets bored of his shiny new toys like a little child.

We need a no 8 and 10 (hopefully when Ødegaard goes back to Spain).
Disagree. I'd rather a Bissouma Partey pivot with Xhaka as the squad depth. Partey is our best midfielder by some margin. When people say they're too similar, all I think is that I'd love to have two Parteys.

We will need a 10 though. As for Camavinga, with the projected talent, if you can get him you get him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

These journos are ****. Pure and simple.

They’d suck anything just to get a few clicks based of our demise as a top club. Worse still there are fans who actually buy into this crap.
Last 5 summers we heard the biggest squad overhaul. Thank god there is summer football so something else take their mind out of the transfer window.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Disagree. I'd rather a Bissouma Partey pivot with Xhaka as the squad depth. Partey is our best midfielder by some margin. When people say they're too similar, all I think is that I'd love to have two Parteys.

We will need a 10 though. As for Camavinga, with the projected talent, if you can get him you get him.

I’d rather we sign an 8 to replace Xhaka than bring in another Partey who isn’t even on his level yet.

Camavinga under Mikel Arteta makes no sense whatsoever but the same could be said for many players.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We’re not signing Camivinga. He’s going Madrid or Bayern and that’s that. We don’t have the finances and we are not going to kill off the careers of Azeez and Patino.
It'd be a curious signing for sure, as good as he is. Would think we would go for someone with a bit of experience but - last year of his deal, not gonna be as expensive otherwise. Wouldn't rule us out.

Think we could be a bit cleverer tbh - as you pointed out, we have young midfielders already. This would be a good signing, but a bait one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom