• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eduardo Camavinga

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Aouar is an AM. We'll sign (hopefully) one CM and one AM. We're not signing Bissouma, Camavinga AND an AM.

This is the point I was making in other threads. I think we will move to a 433.

Also Aouar isn't a AM. He plays on the left of a 433. He is a CM, you couldn't really play him in the 10. I personally believe we will sign two CM's and one attacker (LW/STR). It might not be camavinga btw not saying we will sign him at all, that's a pipe dream.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This is the point I was making in other threads. I think we will move to a 433.

Also Aouar isn't a AM. He plays on the left of a 433. He is a CM, you couldn't really play him in the 10. I personally believe we will sign two CM's and one attacker (LW/STR). It might not be camavinga btw not saying we will sign him at all, that's a pipe dream.

Now we're getting somewhere. You think, you don't know. Stop dressing up opinions as facts.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This is where having a reasonable Technical Director/Director of football comes in handy.
Edu is an amateur who no serious agent/player would take seriously. Now imagine if we had Campos/Raginick throwing a pitch to this guy...say what you want, but I don't think our reps is 100 percent in the dust.
We still have a reasonable amount of gravitas left to pull off transfers like these.
All we need is for Kroenke to ****ing invest and sack bums like Edu.

Yup, pretty much what I have been thinking as well.

The least Kroenke can do is get that clown Edu out of his post, and get in a proper DOF. Who will be able to pick up the pieces if Arteta fails again.

You keep Mikel, but give me Rangnick/Sven/Campos, wtih Wenger back on the board.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Partey's best games came when he had a Xhaka or Elneny next to him, United away, Wolves away and West Ham game. He has so much more in his locker than this role he's been playing in the last few months when he has someone to help out in defense.

In both the West Ham game and Wolves game he was literally a huge part in us creating chances because of how good his passing was through the lines and over the top. I think Bissouma opens up a world of possibilites.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Now we're getting somewhere. You think, you don't know. Stop dressing up opinions as facts.

Patronising much?

"We want to move to a 4-3-3 but for that, you need a lot of specificity in every position but now in five or six positions, we don’t have it."

Arteta's words, you wanna tell him he thinks as well?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Patronising much?

"We want to move to a 4-3-3 but for that, you need a lot of specificity in every position but now in five or six positions, we don’t have it."

Okay so let me ask you, why the hell would he move to that formation if that's the case? We actually looked good with 5 at the back but instead, he chose a 433 which killed our season?

I mean unless he went with the idea that Pep did and implements his style no matter the players so the team will be ready with a few additions but it's backfired massively.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Patronising much?

You literally just wrote "it's a fact" and then 5 mins later "it's not a cold hard fact". You open yourself up to get patronised when you write stuff like that. You can say whatever you want to say, just stop saying things are facts when they're not.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You literally just wrote "it's a fact" and then 5 mins later "it's not a cold hard fact". You open yourself up to get patronised when you write stuff like that. You can say whatever you want to say, just stop saying things are facts when they're not.

I assumed you could read properly. My apologies. I said we'll sign two CM's as a fact, which it is otherwise we will be left with Xhaka, partey and ****ing elneny. So we need to sign two whether that's one defensive and one attacking or two that can play anywhere. Ødegaard and ceballos are going back to Madrid. Do you really not believe we will sign two CM's or are you just going against it because its me?

I didn't say its a fact we'll play 433, you're now twisting things for no apparent reason. Arteta wants the 433. End of story.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
@HairSprayGooners isn't the sharpest tool in the box but he has a lot of energy, it would be funny if he wasn't so abrasive.

ChefMan21

Think he'll go to Madrid as part of that (much?) talked about midfield revamp. If he lives up to his potential I think he's a 15 year player for a club like Madrid.

Can easily see a fair bit of movement of central midfielders this window in a weird round of musical chairs - Camavinga, Milinkovic-Savic, Niguez, Ruben Neves, Bentancur, Grealish, etc could all move between the usual suspects. We should be in for them - **** it, why not? - but I reckon it will end up with us potentially signing the player without the chair. We might end up with someone like Pellegrini or Sabitzer as our 'big' midfield signing, plus Bissouma, which wouldn't be that bad (not necessarily those two players, but players of that reputation/profile/transfer value - I needed examples. Ødegaard probably fits that category too)

African Flair

Don't think I've ever believed less in a rumored deal. Yet the transfer I want to go through more than anything this summer.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This is where having a reasonable Technical Director/Director of football comes in handy.
Edu is an amateur who no serious agent/player would take seriously. Now imagine if we had Campos/Raginick throwing a pitch to this guy...say what you want, but I don't think our reps is 100 percent in the dust.
We still have a reasonable amount of gravitas left to pull off transfers like these.
All we need is for Kroenke to ****ing invest and sack bums like Edu.

Yep 2 Novices at the same time. No wonder we've had our worst season for 25 years! I said recently, if KSE want to invest, start by replacing Edu & Arteta, moving straight for players is pointless.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Think he'll go to Madrid as part of that (much?) talked about midfield revamp. If he lives up to his potential I think he's a 15 year player for a club like Madrid.

Can easily see a fair bit of movement of central midfielders this window in a weird round of musical chairs - Camavinga, Milinkovic-Savic, Niguez, Ruben Neves, Bentancur, Grealish, etc could all move between the usual suspects. We should be in for them - **** it, why not? - but I reckon it will end up with us potentially signing the player without the chair. We might end up with someone like Pellegrini or Sabitzer as our 'big' midfield signing, plus Bissouma, which wouldn't be that bad (not necessarily those two players, but players of that reputation/profile/transfer value - I needed examples. Ødegaard probably fits that category too)

I wonder if Fabian Ruiz might be Madrid's big midfield signing, or someone like that. Camavinga looks like a Madrid player for sure, but he's still 18. Casemiro is nowhere near finished, neither is Kroos, he's not gonna replace them any time soon, and he's certainly not a Modric replacement. Camavinga could move to another club, play 4-5 seasons and then make his Madrid move with enough time to play there for a decade. What's the rush. Arsenal would be a good stepping stone club for him, although I highly doubt we'll sign him.

Everyone says he's going to Madrid or Bayern, without saying where he would actually play there? He wouldn't get in the team ahead of Kimmich-Goretzka or Casemiro-Kroos. PSG ok, I can see him replacing Gueye there maybe, he could replace Fred/McTominay at Utd, apart from that I don't see a CL club with an obvious space for him.

Breezy ®

Koeman is not even sure he will still be the manager next season not to mention that Barca is broke. No way they can pay 60 to 70 M for Camavinga. He will go to Paris or Real. He may stay with Rennes one more season as well.
Seriously, we Gooners need take a deep breath and find some self awareness. Arsenal is not on Camavinga's radar and rightly so. The guy will have the biggest European clubs chasing him, why would he even consider Arsenal? SMH.

Money, London, guaranteed minutes, less pressure, competitive league, a manager who gives youths a chance, a stepping stone for further development etc

But yeah I still wouldn’t blame him for going to elsewhere.

One thing I will say is 60-70M for an 18 year old with a year remaining on his contract and who is still relatively unproven is very steep. He’s worth about 30-35M max at this stage IMO.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Money, London, guaranteed minutes, less pressure, competitive league, a manager who gives youths a chance, a stepping stone for further development etc

But yeah I still wouldn’t blame him for going to elsewhere.

One thing I will say is 60-70M for an 18 year old with a year remaining on his contract and who is still relatively unproven is very steep. He’s worth about 30-35M max at this stage IMO.

Also he hasn't actually had a great season, his form dipped a bit for a while. I would guess 40-45m is a fair price.

I think it's unlikely, just cos this club is run by idiots, but on paper there is actually logic to it. As you say, we're a suitable stepping stone club for him. I think it's too soon for him to go to Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom