• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eduardo Camavinga

Status
Not open for further replies.

blrgooner

Established Member
That is 💯. The kid is definitely talented and should have a bright future but was bang average this season. The best thing that could happen to him is to stay with Rennes one more season. His agent implied this as much today.
Fair enough. But don`t you think this is exactly the kind of player we should go for? Makes sense for everyone. The player gets to play with better players then he gets at Rennes and gets into a team where he will start most games in Premier league. One good season in Rennes would put him out of our price range so it makes sense for us to go for him too.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
The way people are going on about Saliba as if we killed his pet rabbit or something. Get a ****ing grip would you. He went out on loan and rightly so.
Maybe but consider this:

1. Was it right to play all of the Mustafi, Holding, Luiz, Mari, and Chambers a few times instead of giving minutes to him?

2. Was it right to leave him out of the team for half a season if he was already deemed not good enough?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal could definitely get him if they prioritised this transfer. I wouldn't want him to though, much better places for him to go for the sake of his career and development.

Equally, he's not yet at the level where he single handedly bumps us up a level. This forum acting like he's a bonafied game changing signing at his age despite calling Ligue 1 farmers league to belittle current players is just so typical.

A solid spine with leaders on the pitch and a competent manager, then yeah you make signings like this. A cluster of superkids will make you feel better when we get battered week to week but it is just not saving Arsenal I am sorry.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Equally, he's not yet at the level where he single handedly bumps us up a level. This forum acting like he's a bonafied game changing signing at his age despite calling Ligue 1 farmers league to belittle current players is just so typical.
True, at the same time this might be the only chance to sign him so we could take his inconsistency for granted.

A solid spine with leaders on the pitch and a competent manager, then yeah you make signings like this. A cluster of superkids will make you feel better when we get battered week to week but it is just not saving Arsenal I am sorry.
That would be a prerequisite to success next season. Ideally, our spine would consist of (1) an experienced RCB alongside Gabriel (but we have Saliba as an asset so that doesn't work) and (2) have a 23-25 y.o. C(D)M partner for Partey. I can't think of anyone from the top of my head though, perhaps Ruben Neves.

We could also accept Xhaka hanging around another year, that would mean two experienced midfielders to guide the youngsters Willock, Camavinga, Azeez (and ESR to a lesser extent). I dislike Xhaka, though, so I'd rather see him sold in the overhaul.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

True, at the same time this might be the only chance to sign him so we could take his inconsistency for granted.
To be fair, applies to the majority of our more recent signings but look at them. He would need iron will to make it here and that necessarily can't be easily scouted, especially at his age.

ChefMan21

That would be a prerequisite to success next season. Ideally, our spine would consist of (1) an experienced RCB alongside Gabriel (but we have Saliba as an asset so that doesn't work) and (2) have a 23-25 y.o. C(D)M partner for Partey. I can't think of anyone from the top of my head though, perhaps Ruben Neves.

We could also accept Xhaka hanging around another year, that would mean two experienced midfielders to guide the youngsters Willock, Camavinga, Azeez (and ESR to a lesser extent). I dislike Xhaka, though, so I'd rather see him sold in the overhaul.
Ruben Neves seems like such a low risk signing to me. Good player.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

In a club that’s a mess it’s generally not good idea to sign teenagers. I actually think as talented as he is he would find it difficult here.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Fair enough. But don`t you think this is exactly the kind of player we should go for? Makes sense for everyone. The player gets to play with better players then he gets at Rennes and gets into a team where he will start most games in Premier league. One good season in Rennes would put him out of our price range so it makes sense for us to go for him too.

Why would he pick Arsenal then over bigger clubs, playing in Europe and offering the option to train with better players? I don't want to be a kill joy here but Cavaminga to Arsenal may be the most unlikely transfer this summer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why would he pick Arsenal then over bigger clubs, playing in Europe and offering the option to train with better players? I don't want to be a kill joy here but Cavaminga to Arsenal may be the most unlikely transfer this summer.

Bayern and PSG are supposedly not willing to cough up the required cash. I think most big clubs can't offer him the correct playing time tbh.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Neves will pose similar issues to Xhaka, I don’t really see much difference tbh. Both are clunky and slow DLPs who are great ball strikers. There are some differences ofc but not enough to excite me and change the way our midfield operates.

No thanks.

blrgooner

Established Member
Well wouldn`t it make more sense than staying in Rennes? Moving to a big club would affect his chances of getting game time wouldn`t it? I mean any argument for staying with Rennes would pretty much apply for Arsenal in the central midfield position(Except for cultural arguments). Here he would be almost guaranteed game time in a better league.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Well wouldn`t it make more sense than staying in Rennes? Moving to a big club would affect his chances of getting game time wouldn`t it? I mean any argument for staying with Rennes would pretty much apply for Arsenal in the central midfield position(Except for cultural arguments). Here he would be almost guaranteed game time in a better league.
Hope springs eternal.....I just don't see it happening. If he moves, he will go to a big club and try to impose himself.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal could definitely get him if they prioritised this transfer. I wouldn't want him to though, much better places for him to go for the sake of his career and development.

Right, but we should forget about top 4 next year. Top 6 is a more reasonable target. Build long-term. If you can buy a potential world class talent at 18, true it's not gonna pay off now, but it will down the line. Isn't football ultimately all about quality?

How are we supposed to get top top quality? We can't buy it off the shelf, surely you have to buy it before it's fully developed, and isn't Camavinga a clear example of that? If you limit yourself to developed players who are affordable, then you're inherently putting a ceiling on the quality you can get, no?

Idk, like Arsenal could never buy a 23 year old Cesc, but we could get a 16 year old one. We can buy a 24 year old Bissouma, who'll be a solid 8/10 player for you, but you might be able to buy a 18 year old Camavinga, who could be a 9/10 player or even higher. Not all the time, but occasionally I think you have to gamble on quality.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Right, but we should forget about top 4 next year. Top 6 is a more reasonable target. Build long-term. If you can buy a potential world class talent at 18, true it's not gonna pay off now, but it will down the line. Isn't football ultimately all about quality?

How are we supposed to get top top quality? We can't buy it off the shelf, surely you have to buy it before it's fully developed, and isn't Camavinga a clear example of that? If you limit yourself to developed players who are affordable, then you're inherently putting a ceiling on the quality you can get, no?

Idk, like Arsenal could never buy a 23 year old Cesc, but we could get a 16 year old one. We can buy a 24 year old Bissouma, who'll be a solid 8/10 player for you, but you might be able to buy a 18 year old Camavinga, who could be a 9/10 player or even higher. Not all the time, but occasionally I think you have to gamble on quality.
That’s been our whole strategy for the past 3 years, it hasn’t worked.

People complain about Pepe but he was highly rated before he joined. Saliba was supposed to be the Varane before he become Varane but he’s not gotten the chance. Gabriel is another one who started bright but has gone a bit sideways in a difficult season where he’s rotated heavily. All from the French league too.

At best, Camavinga would have a Nasri type impact where he will show his quality here and there, not renew contract and go to a proper team when he’s ready to win trophies. Seen it all before tbh and I’m actually sick of Arsenal ruining so many careers - that young lad would do well not to come here.

He’s absolutely attainable though and spunking our budget and watching his development stall and complain about lack of leadership is just such an Arsenal thing to do - it needs to stop.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That’s been our whole strategy for the past 3 years, it hasn’t worked.

People complain about Pepe but he was highly rated before he joined. Saliba was supposed to be the Varane before he become Varane but he’s not gotten the chance. Gabriel is another one who started bright but has gone a bit sideways in a difficult season where he’s rotated heavily. All from the French league too.

At best, Camavinga would have a Nasri type impact where he will show his quality here and there, not renew contract and go to a proper team when he’s ready to win trophies. Seen it all before tbh and I’m actually sick of Arsenal ruining so many careers - that young lad would do well not to come here.

He’s absolutely attainable though and spunking our budget and watching his development stall and have this guy join the wasteman list is just such an Arsenal thing to do - it needs to stop.

I hate the way people talk about Saliba as if he's never going to play here and potentially become a Varane type. People just want instant success.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I hate the way people talk about Saliba as if he's never going to play here and potentially become a Varane type. People just want instant success.
I'm not comparing him to Varane, the club came out themselves and said they can't sign Varane so they actively tried to sign the next one before he blew.

Most of our signings are 23 or younger when they join Arsenal and the majority fall by the wayside and yet people still cry out for more. We don't have the seniors for them to learn off from, we don't have the manager to develop them - it's complete nonsense.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm not comparing him to Varane, the club came out themselves and said they can't sign Varane so they actively tried to sign the next one before he blew.

Most of our signings are 23 or younger when they join Arsenal and the majority fall by the wayside and yet people still cry out for more. We don't have the seniors for them to learn off from, we don't have the manager to develop them - it's complete nonsense.

I'm really not sure what you're on about.

Players who we've signed that were 23 or younger since Wenger left -

Torreira (22 when signed) - Good player just doesn't fit the league at all, homesick, bit of a baby. Fail at £20M
Guendouzi - Good player, terrible attitude, only cost £7M and we'll make profit on him even with a year left on his deal.
Martinelli - Excellent so far, will be an important player here, again only £6M spent.
Tierney - At £24M he was a bargain, once again he's been excellent in nearly every game he's played for us.
Saliba - £27M and probably will be an integral part of our squad this season and beyond, as long as he plays this season I don't care what we did in the past.
Gabriel - £23M, another fantastic signing, very likely he'll continue to improve and again, like Saliba, be integral next season.

Most of our signings which cost larger sums are over 25 years old. So far out of the under 23 players we've signed 3 are key parts of the team, two were signed under Mislintat and they aren't wanted here, that's not down to the current regime.

2 flops, 3 successes and 1 unknown in Saliba isn't most of our signings under 23, we don't even really make many signings under 23. i'd like to see the very best talent in world football here, Camavinga is one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom