• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 šŸ›’

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,457

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-Mā€™s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ā­

You mean a player do better in lesser league than a better league? Tammy wasnā€™t lightning up the PL and was never a star here, he is a star in Italy
The numbers are what they are and Tammy had a very good return in England.

Im not sure we should be paying the sums quoted but at 30 odd million we should have been all over it.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
But thatā€™s exactly what they said about lukaku how he has improved in Italy after his United stint where he technically wasnā€™t up to it. Then came back and continued from where he left at United. Tammy after one season in Italy is not gonna be star in PL. He is a good player Roma will demand world class fee for
Well, I don't want to compare them directly necessarily, but I didn't (and don't) rate Lukaku either. I have seen neither play in the Serie A, but I have seen both extensively in the PL and I wasn't impressed with what I saw.

Pretty sure I ridiculed the Lukaku transfer last summer, but had to take it on the chin when he destroyed MarĆ­ at the start of the season. Think his performances since have vindicated that position, though.

Based on what I saw in the PL, I still wouldn't want Abraham, especially at the quoted fee. However, I will concede it is possible he has stepped it up a gear or two.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
You lot are sleeping on Tammy man
He having very good season at Roma first when linked i didn't think he could suit us but Arteta look was right he have the ability to be good all striker. Maybe his pace just too good in Serie A but even at Chelsea he showed good goal scoring touch

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
Important early in summer we need to sort the sales of Bellerin Mari Torreira AMN can't have them in squad all summer and blocking new incomings. No need to clever and ask above thier valuation with us back to European football we need at least 26 squad players. So things should be quick.

And i think Pepe and Holding might consider leaving because both good enough to start somewhere else. This summer could be even more busy than last one and it'll be tiring with these s**ty links.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

We can do better for 35 million. This dude scored 4 goals last season...same age as Saka who scored 12 goals...
For this reason I can't join you in wanting him here @Rex Banter.

He's fine across the Thames with Uncle Paddy thanks, lets not f*ck that up please.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

My point exactly.

Werner alone should be a cautionary tale for all Premier League clubs when looking to bring in strikers from Bundesliga. Scoring 7000 goals a season there only to come in and fail to hit a barn door in the PL.

For someone who went for north of 50 million pounds, his numbers are abysmal!
Werner could work in the right team and settings, that's just poor scouting on Chelsea's behalf scouting hype instead of what they needed like we did with Pepe.

I have a few friends who regularly watch Bundesliga who said before he came that technique wise he's not up to it and compared him to Walcott they were actually bang on.

Sancho walked into a mess where it's hard to say how much of it is him and that whole situation. Germany is a fine place to pick up players if you know what you're doing anyways, Auba, Son, Firmino were all from there.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Werner could work in the right team and settings, that's just poor scouting on Chelsea's behalf scouting hype instead of what they needed like we did with Pepe.

I have a few friends who regularly watch Bundesliga who said before he came that technique wise he's not up to it and compared him to Walcott they were actually bang on.

Sancho walked into a mess where it's hard to say how much of it is him and that whole situation. Germany is a fine place to pick up players if you know what you're doing anyways, Auba, Son, Firmino were all from there.
Sancho showed he has no pace to beat players. He is given excuses for his failure on the team. On the ball he hasnā€™t looked like 75 million player at all. United fans are mainly saying he needs a between rb making runs for him. If you are a top talent you stand out in a poor team

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ā­

So long as we're speaking about the Bundesliga, I always thought we should've gone for Jovic.

He never got a fair go with Zidane & his form with Frankfurt was fantastic. Strong build, good link-up play & a ferocious shot.

Added to the fact that he's clearly not in Don Carlo's plans means we should get him at a considerable discount.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

For this reason I can't join you in wanting him here @Rex Banter.

He's fine across the Thames with Uncle Paddy thanks, lets not f*ck that up please.

Got almost the same amount of assists as Buendia in the Championship. Heā€™s a creator.

Wasnā€™t playing far forward for Reading tbh. They ran with a front two a lot. It might be a luxury with MƘ, ESR and Saka here tbh.

I think heā€™ll be in the French team soon and the Camp Nou or Bernabeu not long after. Top talent.

Above MƘ and Saka as a talent on my top secret scouting spreadsheet.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Got almost the same amount of assists as Buendia in the Championship. Heā€™s a creator.

Wasnā€™t playing far forward for Reading tbh. They ran with a front two a lot. It might be a luxury with MƘ, ESR and Saka here tbh.

I think heā€™ll be in the French team soon and the Camp Nou or Bernabeu not long after. Top talent.

Above MƘ and Saka as a talent on my top secret scouting spreadsheet.
Good for him. Hopefully he becomes a starter for palace first

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

A-M tried to get on to me when I said exactly that.

I definitely agree, Werner has all the tools in the right system to be a very good option. His finishing that everyone has been criticising him on is all linked to confidence. He probably would have done a decent job with a manager like AW who would have surrounded him with more technical players, built his confidence and utilise his strengths in playing on the shoulder of the last defender, kind of like what he done with Walcott.

Iā€™m not really surprised that a lot of strikers are failing at Chelsea as most of them seem to be the wrong fit for their current system and those sort of clubs are known to be cut throat, you either produce quickly or youā€™re out of the team. Iā€™m convinced had Werner joined Liverpool who were linked with him at the time, he would looked like a completely different player.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

A-M tried to get on to me when I said exactly that.

I definitely agree, Werner has all the tools in the right system to be a very good option. His finishing that everyone has been criticising him on is all linked to confidence. He probably would have done a decent job with a manager like AW who would have surrounded him with more technical players, built his confidence and utilise his strengths in playing on the shoulder of the last defender, kind of like what he done with Walcott.

Iā€™m not really surprised that a lot of strikers are failing at Chelsea as most of them seem to be the wrong fit for their current system and those sort of clubs are known to be cut throat, you either produce quickly or youā€™re out of the team. Iā€™m convinced had Werner joined Liverpool who were linked with him at the time, he would looked like a completely different player.
A lot of reports when he signed for Chelsea said Bayern scouted him and deemed technically not good enough. Werner is not good enough for Chelsea or Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom