• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 šŸ›’

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,651

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
OK I'm being a bit negative & overly pessimistic, but let's be honest, it might not ge too far from the truth. Time will tell. Im sure we had all our targets lined up & had a plan, but as the great Tyson said "Everyone has a plan until the get punched in the face". The punch in the face for us was missing 4th when it was there for the taking.

Paperino

Itā€™s Timo Time

We all know how this will turn out....

Who we thought we were getting...
Gabriel
Tielemans
Saliba return
Osimhen
Gakpo
Hickey

What will actually happen...
Saliba won't return
Mari does return
Cedric & Tavares stay
Xhaka stays
Elneny extended

We sign
Marquinos (loaned to Spanish sides for next 4 yrs)
DCL
Arthur from Juve (possibly on 2yr loan like Ceballos)
Dybala

Seems reasonable unfortunately.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

@Heavy Duty Rom @2Smokeyy

Which one of you said he was one of the best in the league???

Best young players, foā€™sureeeee. Iā€™m sure you still rate him because heā€™s one of the ā€œbest looking in the leagueā€ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Agree with @Barry though, thought he was really good against us a few weeks back and suffocated our midfield. The stats above donā€™t really show the full picture.

No chance of Chelsea selling tbh but even if they do, Iā€™d rather he goes to Palace under Paddy V than come and play under Mik ball.

Best young players, foā€™sureeeee. Iā€™m sure you still rate him because heā€™s one of the ā€œbest looking in the leagueā€ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Agree with @Barry though, thought he was really good against us a few weeks back and suffocated our midfield. The stats above donā€™t really show the full picture.

You back already?

OnlyOne

ā€˜Donkeys donā€™t have a peak, they remain uselessā€™
Trusted ā­

No chance of Chelsea selling tbh but even if they do, Iā€™d rather he goes to Palace under Paddy V than come and play under Mik ball.

Donā€™t shout at me in front of AM :(

What is it that makes us struggle so hard in the transfer market? It isn't just Arteta and Edu, it was Wenger and Gazidis and Raul and Emery too. The last window was decent but after the season it still leaves you wanted. Are we scouting incorrectly, focusing on incorrect factors in players? We have changed the scouting network now. We have tried scouts, statDNA, and combinations.

I said when we signed Mari and Cedric on 4 years deal, these are the kinds of deals I just would never see any club serious about being a challenger would make.

We will see what will happen this summer. I mean Tielsman and Jesus are good players. But it still feels you left wanting more if we really want to be challengers.

14Henry

Looking for receipts šŸ‘€
What is it that makes us struggle so hard in the transfer market? It isn't just Arteta and Edu, it was Wenger and Gazidis and Raul and Emery too. The last window was decent but after the season it still leaves you wanted. Are we scouting incorrectly, focusing on incorrect factors in players? We have changed the scouting network now. We have tried scouts, statDNA, and combinations.

I said when we signed Mari and Cedric on 4 years deal, these are the kinds of deals I just would never see any club serious about being a challenger would make.

We will see what will happen this summer. I mean Tielsman and Jesus are good players. But it still feels you left wanting more if we really want to be challengers.
Problem is without getting CL you need players like Jesus and Teliemans as simple better players won't come without it. We need these players to get us in the CL places and after a year or two aim higher.

Problem is without getting CL you need players like Jesus and Teliemans as simple better players won't come without it. We need these players to get us in the CL places and after a year or two aim higher.

This was also said to me when we signed Sokrates. I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom